You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Tufts University Application
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
To people who filled out the financial aid application, did you get a receipt or confirmation that the school got your stuff?
Nope, so I called them and they confirmed I did everything.To people who filled out the financial aid application, did you get a receipt or confirmation that the school got your stuff?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone accepted to the TUSM-MMC heard about the scholarship? I'm still waiting, and when I called (couple weeks ago) I was told that students who receive the scholarship will be notified but those who didn't wouldnt be contacted
Nope, so I called them and they confirmed I did everything.
I second this. The woman I spoke with said that Tufts doesn't send confirmations, so she said, "You can consider this your confirmation."
Applying here next cycle, but live in Boston. I would say JP/Malden/Somerville for easy access to orange line to take you right to campus. Quincy, Cambridge, Medford, are other good spots too! Just account for commute. I live 6 miles from the city and it takes me around 45 min to get in each day.Where do people usually live? I don't know much about Boston so any recommendations would be appreciated
Just received confirmation that my financial aid information has been received
Last edited:
Applying here next cycle, but live in Boston. I would say JP/Malden/Somerville for easy access to orange line to take you right to campus. Quincy, Cambridge, Medford, are other good spots too! Just account for commute. I live 6 miles from the city and it takes me around 45 min to get in each day.
I'be been in Boston for about 7 years now and would highly recommend JP (Jamaica plain)! It's right on the orange line, safe, and has lots of green space 🙂 My commute to Tufts is about 15-20 min and the orange like stops right in Tufts medical center- which is connected to the library and your classes. Anywhere else on the orange line works as well, I'm just a huge fan of Jamaica plain in general! Living near campus is nice too, but will be more expensive and, in my opinion, not necessary as the commute is very easy from other parts of the city. But, I mean if you can afford a nice, brand new condo at the Ink Block or in Chinatown, then go for it.
YesIs there an accepted students Facebook group?
Can you post the link? I can't find it.
Can you post the link? I can't find it.
Log into Facebook | Facebook
Welcome to the school everybody
Love, your friendly neighborhood M'21
ACCEPTED!!!
Did anyone else hear yet about the maine track scholarship ?!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, but I'm also assuming that I'm not going to get one (not originally from Maine.) I don't know when we're supposed to hear about financial aid in general, but maybe it will come then?Did anyone else hear yet about the maine track scholarship ?!
Congrats! Boston or Maine program? And did you recieve a call or an email?ACCEPTED!!!
Boston and the Dean called in the morning!!
D
deleted903608
Praying I get some news soon - deferred earlier in the cycle for Maine Track, sent an update letter/letter of interest recently. Got rejected post interview from other places I've interviewed so far so I really need a win. Would accept a spot here in a heartbeat. Sending good vibes to everyone else who's waiting!
I hope so!! I think mid April we get tufts financial aid package. Are you for sure in Maine track?! 🙂No, but I'm also assuming that I'm not going to get one (not originally from Maine.) I don't know when we're supposed to hear about financial aid in general, but maybe it will come then?
Interviewed in early March for Boston track, got the acceptance call this morning 🙂 I was pretty surprised and must've sounded like a total idiot on the phone 
Loved the vibe here when I visited and would absolutely love to be in Boston during med school;. Hopefully I can get a financial aid package that makes Tufts a viable option for me!

Loved the vibe here when I visited and would absolutely love to be in Boston during med school;. Hopefully I can get a financial aid package that makes Tufts a viable option for me!
Does Tufts even give rejections post interview? I feel like everyone they don’t accept gets deferred.
D
deleted903608
Does Tufts even give rejections post interview? I feel like everyone they don’t accept gets deferred.
Definitely seen at least one or two people post in this thread that were rejected post-interview
Definitely seen at least one or two people post in this thread that were rejected post-interview
Yep. I think people, in general, don't feel great about posting a post-interview rejection. Nothing to be ashamed of--it's a crazy competitive process.
Welp. Looks like no news on the TUSM-MMC track. Perhaps Thursday...
Seconded this question ... I RSVPed yes but have not gotten an itinerary or anything!!Does anyone know about Tufts second look day? I got an email about something happening on a Thursday night (didn't get any more info about the Friday thing they mentioned). I'm not from the area so I'm trying to figure out if it is worth going.
Not gonna lie...the lack of communication from admin and lack of first year students reaching out about second look day is strange. Other schools' second look days had itineraries and outreach by both students and staff that made it feel very welcoming. Hope that changes in the coming days!
For second look, where do you think we would meet for morning tours? Top floor of Sackler like for interviews?
Still no fin aid info! Was hoping it would be out before second look day
just asked, business casual is suggestedAnyone know the dress code for second look day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an itinerary?just asked, business casual is suggested
Did anyone else who signed up for daytime activities just get an email with only the reception on it for tomorrow? I have no idea when to get to campus.
*also, if you have the itinerary for the day can you post it? Not sure if admissions will respond to me in time!
*also, if you have the itinerary for the day can you post it? Not sure if admissions will respond to me in time!
Last edited:
Did anyone else who signed up for daytime activities just get an email with only the reception on it for tomorrow? I have no idea when to get to campus.
*also, if you have the itinerary for the day can you post it? Not sure if admissions will respond to me in time!
So I didn't sign up for everything, and I think there was either an earlier event than my first tour or earlier time slots for the tour. But hope this helps!
Thanks so much! Super helpfulSo I didn't sign up for everything, and I think there was either an earlier event than my first tour or earlier time slots for the tour. But hope this helps!View attachment 231836
Does anyone know what the adcom meeting schedule is like from here on out since they've reviewed all the applicants at least once now? I was deferred earlier this month after my March interview and submitted a letter of intent the next day. The deferral email said they'd make a decision by mid-May but I just wanna know when/how often they're actually meeting before then so I can get all anxious and stuff.
Does anyone know what the adcom meeting schedule is like from here on out since they've reviewed all the applicants at least once now? I was deferred earlier this month after my March interview and submitted a letter of intent the next day. The deferral email said they'd make a decision by mid-May but I just wanna know when/how often they're actually meeting before then so I can get all anxious and stuff.
I'm also deferred, but I've spoken numerous times with Dr. Kasberg and he say's the admissions committee meets every two weeks on Wednesday.
Awesome, thank you! Do you know if they're meeting this upcoming Wednesday, or did they just meet?I'm also deferred, but I've spoken numerous times with Dr. Kasberg and he say's the admissions committee meets every two weeks on Wednesday.
Last edited:
Dr. Kasberg? Isn't that the admissions dean for the dental school?I'm also deferred, but I've spoken numerous times with Dr. Kasberg and he say's the admissions committee meets every two weeks on Wednesday.
They said mid-late April so it should be any day nowAny updates on when financial aid will be coming out?
Did anyone else get the email from fin aid today about forms needed to disburse funds? I thought it was weird considering I haven't received any info about a financial aid package yet...
I didn'tDid anyone else get the email from fin aid today about forms needed to disburse funds? I thought it was weird considering I haven't received any info about a financial aid package yet...
Just called the FA office, they are still working on it and everyone should get it before end of the month
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My email said mid-May. Is it different for everyone?Anyone know if you are deferred, when you'll hear back for a decision?
The email they sent me said by mid May. I’m assuming that’s when a waitlist invite comes. So stressful.Anyone know if you are deferred, when you'll hear back for a decision?
Would it be WL only or acceptances as well?The email they sent me said by mid May. I’m assuming that’s when a waitlist invite comes. So stressful.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K