2017-2018 Tufts University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aren't all MD schools required to give a decision by April 30th?
So on April 30th all people holding multiple acceptances are required to drop all but one acceptance. Med schools have to let you know if you are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted by April 30th, but they also can (and do) keep hopeful pre meds on the waitlist until the first day of orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

So on April 30th all people holding multiple acceptances are required to drop all but one acceptance. Med schools have to let you know if you are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted by April 30th, but they also can (and do) keep hopeful pre meds on the waitlist until the first day of orientation.
Do you know if anyone who is deferred is accepted? Is it a long shot?

Members don't see this ad :)

Not quite sure about the part where they "have to let us know by April 30". Maybe what you are thinking of is the deadline that they have to accept the number of seats for their class? They wouldn't have said mid-may if they were required to let us know earlier. My understanding is that mid-may is accepted/rejected/waitlist, and if you are waitlisted, they can accept you up until the day you start orientation at another program

Check the aamc website for "Traffic rules for schools" and "Traffic rules for applicants"

Do you know if anyone who is deferred is accepted? Is it a long shot?

Some people on this thread have already been accepted post-deferral, but based on past years' threads it does seem like most are waitlisted. The last two years Tufts has over-enrolled and had zero waitlist movement so it's hard to predict what waitlist movement will be like - they might have tried to be more conservative to prevent over-enrollment, or it might be a repeat of last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Some people on this thread have already been accepted post-deferral, but based on past years' threads it does seem like most are waitlisted. The last two years Tufts has over-enrolled and had zero waitlist movement so it's hard to predict what waitlist movement will be like - they might have tried to be more conservative to prevent over-enrollment, or it might be a repeat of last year.
My friend who knows one of Tuft's adcom said that they were trying to be more conservative this year to prevent over-enrollment and that they expected to take people off the waitlist this year. However, this was said a couple of months ago and I have no clue if that is what they actually ended up doing.

Reactions: 3 users
Not quite sure about the part where they "have to let us know by April 30". Maybe what you are thinking of is the deadline that they have to accept the number of seats for their class? They wouldn't have said mid-may if they were required to let us know earlier. My understanding is that mid-may is accepted/rejected/waitlist, and if you are waitlisted, they can accept you up until the day you start orientation at another program

Check the aamc website for "Traffic rules for schools" and "Traffic rules for applicants"

Thanks! For some reason I thought it was in the traffic rules that schools had to give some sort of admissions decision to all applicants by April 30th, meaning accept, reject or waitlist. Guess I just have to bear some more waiting on the deferred train :'(

Does anyone have the Tufts Class of 2018 match list? I've been looking for it for a few weeks and still can't find it, have they just not published it yet?

Does anyone have the Tufts Class of 2018 match list? I've been looking for it for a few weeks and still can't find it, have they just not published it yet?
PM me and I can send it to you

According to the sdn 2014-2015 cycle for Tufts (i.e. the last time they did not over enroll), May 1st was the day they began letting people know about waitlist/rejections. But, then again, each cycle is different. They are probably working on their list right now.

Has anyone heard any news about waitlist?

Last edited:
Traffic day has come and gone, and it's been so quiet on here. It makes me nervous. According to the sdn 2014-2015 cycle for Tufts (i.e. the last time they did not over enroll), May 1st was the day they began letting people know about waitlist/rejections. But, then again, each cycle is different. They are probably working on their list right now.

Has anyone heard any news about waitlist? Rejections? Over enrollment?
Just speculation, but since they overenrolled for two years straight they could be playing it EXTREMELY safe this year. Perhaps waiting to see who withdraws after getting waitlist acceptances around traffic day. If I were the AdCom I would be very wary about over accepting again.

Just waitlisted after post interview deferment. Interviewed early March.

Just waitlisted after post interview deferment. Interviewed early March.
lmao me too. I declined the spot. I figure I shouldn't get in the way of others on the WL. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who were just waitlisted, was it regular or Maine Track? Dying over here waiting since Maine track deferral in Feb....

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted via email today, deferred in March

Regular track waitlist today too. Deferred in Feb.

Regular track waitlist, deferred in March.

Maine Track waitlist, interviewed (and deferred) in jan. Will not be accepting the position.

Last edited:
Maine Track waitlist. Keeping my fingers crossed. It's my top choice!

Last edited:
Waitlisted for regular track and rejected from Maine Track just now. Interviewed for regular track in October and Maine Track in February

I'm curious if anybody on here is holding a seat at Tufts but hoping to get in off a waitlist elsewhere?

I'm curious if anybody on here is holding a seat at Tufts but hoping to get in off a waitlist elsewhere?

I'm sure there will be at least some, especially given Tufts's high tuition. I withdrew my acceptance on 4/30 but hadn't posted it, so fingers crossed there are more people that withdrew than you think! Also, seems like many schools haven't had much movement yet; of all the WL I'm on, none have had any post-traffic day WL movement yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there a FB group for incoming students? Would appreciate a link, think I got left out of the loop here haha

Has there been any waitlist movement for the regular track?

Do any current students have advice on white coat sizing? Do they tend to run small/large/shrink in wash?

Do any current students have advice on white coat sizing? Do they tend to run small/large/shrink in wash?

You try them on for size during orientation and they guide you as to what size you should wear. Don’t really shrink and normal coat sizes so if you know your suit jacket you know your white coat size

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You try them on for size during orientation and they guide you as to what size you should wear. Don’t really shrink and normal coat sizes so if you know your suit jacket you know your white coat size

Thanks! Glad to hear that, wasn't sure how final the order form they sent out was

Thanks! Glad to hear that, wasn't sure how final the order form they sent out was

Hmm I don’t remember us getting an order form, maybe things changed...we tried on fleeces and coats during orientation. That being said the same applies. If you know your jacket size then you’re good to go

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Withdrew from waitlist normal track. Good luck to everyone else!

Found this previous post:

"Here are the dates of the past several application cycles when a waitlisted Tufts SDN student first got an acceptance call from Tufts (note: obviously SDN isn't an ideal/accurate barometer, so take this for what it is):

Thurs 5/28/09
Tues 6/1/10
Tues 6/7/11
Thurs 6/21/12
Thurs 05/28/15"

It may be awhile longer. But, take heart, during last year's cycle Tufts sent those they accepted an email asking if they wanted to defer in mid-May, so, by the looks of this thread at least that hasn't happened this cycle (yet).

Reactions: 1 users
Found this previous post:

"Here are the dates of the past several application cycles when a waitlisted Tufts SDN student first got an acceptance call from Tufts (note: obviously SDN isn't an ideal/accurate barometer, so take this for what it is):

Thurs 5/28/09
Tues 6/1/10
Tues 6/7/11
Thurs 6/21/12
Thurs 05/28/15"

It may be awhile longer. But, take heart, during last year's cycle Tufts sent those they accepted an email asking if they wanted to defer in mid-May, so, by the looks of this thread at least that hasn't happened this cycle (yet).
Thanks for this info. I’m standing on pins and needles being on the waitlist.

Just got accepted off waitlist but withdrawing.

Accepted off the waitlist this week for regular track, will be withdrawing as well!