2017-2018 Tulane University Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They do at your third-year orientation, so not for a while.

Really? I thought every med school did drug tests. How do you know this?

Members don't see this ad.

Really? I thought every med school did drug tests. How do you know this?

I'm sure all schools do, but Tulane just does them for their 3rd year. Not for first year.

I finished ACLP alongside the Class of 2021 (I'm 2022) here and nobody had a drug test during first year.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm sure all schools do, but Tulane just does them for their 3rd year. Not for first year.

I finished ACLP alongside the Class of 2021 (I'm 2022) here and nobody had a drug test during first year.

Interesting

Members don't see this ad :)
Just graduated from Tulane and I can confirm that we only got tested at the beginning of third year. Even then, the testing window was very fluid so you could time it whenever was convenient for you.

Hello all,
Question..... I am thinking of applying to Tulane this cycle, but wanted to know, if applicants get accepted with a 508 (or possibly lower) MCAT score? Does anyone have the MCAT stats from the MSAR? Thanks everyone..... :)

Hello all,
Question..... I am thinking of applying to Tulane this cycle, but wanted to know, if applicants get accepted with a 508 (or possibly lower) MCAT score? Does anyone have the MCAT stats from the MSAR? Thanks everyone..... :)

Average MCAT score is 510 for matriculants (511 for acceptance). A 508 is not unreasonable as long as you have demonstrated a commitment to service, an aspect that Tulane takes very seriously.

Hello all,
I was not accepted, but had a 508 and I made it all the way through to the WL. In the end, I asked for weaknesses on my application and Mike didn’t even mention the mcat. I say go for it, just apply real early.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all,

If you're applying this cycle, you really should buy your own access to MSAR. I honestly don't know how you can make an educated school list without it.

Reactions: 2 users
If you're applying this cycle, you really should buy your own access to MSAR. I honestly don't know how you can make an educated school list without it.
Agreed. MSAR = life. Also it’s only like $27. So worth it.

Reactions: 3 users
Admissions called and offered me the last spot on the wait list. Unfortunately, all the scholarship money has been depleted and tuition is just too much. I'm going to stick with my Teaxas acceptance. But she seemed very determined to fill the last spot by the end of the day, so there's still hope yall!

Admissions called and offered me the last spot on the wait list. Unfortunately, all the scholarship money has been depleted and tuition is just too much. I'm going to stick with my Teaxas acceptance. But she seemed very determined to fill the last spot by the end of the day, so there's still hope yall!

How did you know it is the last spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
It can’t be “the last spot” it all depends on if people withdraw. It is the last spot AS OF NOW
How did you know it is the last spot?

Hahaha! Okay, yes, but that's kind of a given. As of YESTERDAY, Tulane SOM had one open seat according to the school official who contacted me.

Hahaha! Okay, yes, but that's kind of a given. As of YESTERDAY, Tulane SOM had one open seat according to the school official who contacted me.
Hmm so they still offer acceptances to people with other acceptance(s). I thought for sure that was one of their criterias to screen WLs out. I wonder what the criteria is for accepting students then :thinking: ...

The world may never know :pompous:

Hmm so they still offer acceptances to people with other acceptance(s). I thought for sure that was one of their criterias to screen WLs out. I wonder what the criteria is for accepting students then :thinking: ...

The world may never know :pompous:

Can AMCAS schools see Texas acceptances?

Anyone else felt abused this cycle? Like damn Tulane, you couldn’t even give me a rejection :bored:

a rejection will come classes haven’t started yet

How are people answering the "Are you participating or have you participated in a study abroad program at your university? Please give a short description (150 words):"

are you discussing the program, classes, or like what you gained from the overall experience?

How are people answering the "Are you participating or have you participated in a study abroad program at your university? Please give a short description (150 words):"

are you discussing the program, classes, or like what you gained from the overall experience?

Wrong forum, but to answer your question, I wouldn't bother submitting your application at this point, Tulane has already given out all their interviews. Focus on other secondaries.