2017-2018 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I have been doing Americorps in Jacksonville since late August, but my AMCAS and license and everything indicates I am a GA resident (lived in GA my whole life before this year), so do you guys think I am being considered for in-state or OOS in the eyes of the committee? I kind of like the post II acceptance rate for OOS applicants, but I would obviously prefer IS tuition, for at least the second year, if possible...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So I have been doing Americorps in Jacksonville since late August, but my AMCAS and license and everything indicates I am a GA resident (lived in GA my whole life before this year), so do you guys think I am being considered for in-state or OOS? I kind of like the post II acceptance rate for OOS applicants, but I would obviously prefer IS tuition, for at least the second year, if possible...

Sounds like OOS with significant ties

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like OOS with significant ties

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Do you know how tuition would work if I attend? Would I have to pay OOS tuition all 4 years, or does that vary by school? I have never understood this

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Do you know how tuition would work if I attend? Would I have to pay OOS tuition all 4 years, or does that vary by school? I have never understood this

You'll be OOS unless you can prove you've lived in Florida for 12 months prior to enrollment. It looks like you're mere weeks away from that qualification, which is really crummy. Maybe you can call UCF and ask if there's any discretionary room. Two forms of proof would be a lease and pay stubs.

Florida is one of the less flexible states when it comes to switching residency while in school. You would very likely pay 4 years of OOS tuition if you can't prove your residence.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG I think I just may have received an interview. Literally just sent an e-mail to the admissions office about my status/inability to access supplemental application and their reply is "we have you scheduled for an interview on our list!" XD Didn't even call me yet or send me an interview. Status still reads "AORTA - Eligible for an Interview Selection," but I already got the e-mail now!! Is this even real right now??? This is hilarious!! Sorry for the excessive amount of excitement lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
OMG I think I just may have received an interview. Literally just sent an e-mail to the admissions office about my status/inability to access supplemental application and their reply is "we have you scheduled for an interview on our list!" XD Didn't even call me yet or send me an interview. Status still reads "AORTA - Eligible for an Interview Selection," but I already got the e-mail now!! Is this even real right now??? This is hilarious!! Sorry for the excessive amount of excitement lol.
Would you mind sharing stats?

Would you mind sharing stats?
Sure!
GPA: 3.94
MCAT: 511
ORM, 21 y/o male
hundreds of hours of volunteering/ECs (founded/started own club at university)/research
work as a medical scribe approx. 8 months now, so essentially have hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of clinical work experience and *shadowing (paid)* - but have actually shadowed several physicians in the past
Graduated 2.5 years from UF, BS Biology

I think that's everything lol!

@Pharaoh95, I have the same problem too, except unlike you I have not yet received an interview (I guess it doesn't help either since I submitted the secondary in mid-October). I was unable to access my secondary about 2-3 months ago, and since then I've been checking repeatedly to see if I have access. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access every time I attempted. Unless I just been having really bad luck and have been attempting to access my application at the wrong times, maybe I should give UCF a call about this? @REL what do you think? FYI, I've tried accessing it through several computers at home, so I don't believe it's a cookie issue.
Absolutely contact us via the mdadmissions email address.

I am in the same boat.. It says I do not have access to the page. :(

Last edited:

Are you at liberty to say what percentage of interviews are left or when the last II's will go out?

Reactions: 1 users
My dashboard changed to basically nothing and my EFI status is no longer there. Also cannot access my secondary. Does this mean my file is closed?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't access my secondary either. I don't know what it means.

Edit: Got a call back from UCF and they said no one can see their secondary after December 15th. Also, they said the last interview is March 3rd and they schedule interviews approximately 1 month in advance. They will start sending out mass rejection emails mid-February.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So I have been doing Americorps in Jacksonville since late August, but my AMCAS and license and everything indicates I am a GA resident (lived in GA my whole life before this year), so do you guys think I am being considered for in-state or OOS in the eyes of the committee? I kind of like the post II acceptance rate for OOS applicants, but I would obviously prefer IS tuition, for at least the second year, if possible...
As a few mentioned earlier, proof of state residency is required for 1 year prior to your first day of school in order to qualify for in-state tuition. If you renewed/transferred your drivers license, vehicle and voter registration to Florida prior to August 13th 2017 you qualify for in-state tuition for all 4 years. Alternatively, in-state tuition can be granted after you matriculate if you get married to a Florida resident during your tenure. I believe these are state regulations.

As a few mentioned earlier, proof of state residency is required for 1 year prior to your first day of school in order to qualify for in-state tuition. If you renewed/transferred your drivers license, vehicle and voter registration to Florida prior to August 13th 2017 you qualify for in-state tuition for all 4 years. Alternatively, in-state tuition can be granted after you matriculate if you get married to a Florida resident during your tenure. I believe these are state regulations.
This is a state statute and there should be no variations from this in the state programs.

Has anyone currently on the waitlist received any updates about their status? I'm curious if there has been any movement at all (either acceptance or moving up or down the list) or if it will pretty much be the same until end of April. I believe admissions said they would update us every once and a while after the initial call. Gracias!

Has anyone currently on the waitlist received any updates about their status? I'm curious if there has been any movement at all (either acceptance or moving up or down the list) or if it will pretty much be the same until end of April. I believe admissions said they would update us every once and a while after the initial call. Gracias!
Updates will be sent out tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users
Updates will be sent out tomorrow.

Thanks Rel! How are they sent out? Email/phone call?

Edit: Never mind! I received it today via email. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I really want to commend Rel and the UCF admissions department for being so transparent and open about their process and applicants' statuses. They have, in my opinion, been the best by far of all the admissions teams I've interacted with during the application process. As an applicant, I really, really appreciate that.

Reactions: 9 users
I really want to commend Rel and the UCF admissions department for being so transparent and open about their process and applicants' statuses. They have, in my opinion, been the best by far of all the admissions teams I've interacted with during the application process. As an applicant, I really, really appreciate that.

Well they ain't give me an interview so im gonna have to disagree with you on this one

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there is a way to withdraw on the portal or do I need to email them?

Good luck to all of us hearing back tomorrow!! :)

Waitlist. Smack dab in the middle of it. Interviewed 1/8.

They actually told you that? Those aren't bad chances at all. Good luck :)
Yea, I was told that my chances were pretty much 50/50 because they typically accept the top third of the waitlist and then sometimes dip into the middle third. Not getting my hopes up though.

Last edited:
Any news for movement on the waitlist?

I’m confused. Is the waitlist the same thing as the not yet accepted list?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OOS, just saw the AORTA (still being considered for interview) status post on the portal. Any insight into this status?

OOS, just saw the AORTA (still being considered for interview) status post on the portal. Any insight into this status?

I don't know too much about it, but I am OOS and have had the eligible for interview selection status for months now. I check it pretty much every day for an interview!

I don't know too much about it, but I am OOS and have had the eligible for interview selection status for months now. I check it pretty much every day for an interview!

I don’t think it’s necessary to check every day because they will call you if you’re given an interview. It’s not very common for your status to change before they call you.

If you mean "AORTA - Eligible For Interview", according to @REL it is a near terminal status. You will either be called for an interview, or rejected at the end of the cycle.