-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Central Michigan
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got road to matriculation email and had a mini heart attack[emoji28]
lmaooo me too
hopingformd2023
New Member
Same 🙁Pre-II Rejection. Really thought I had some kind of chance here. Oh well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do y’all think the waitlist will start moving??
Anyone else still waiting from 1/27?
Still waiting, assuming WL since other ppl on that day got As
I only saw one A on here for 1/27, are there more?Still waiting, assuming WL since other ppl on that day got As
D
deleted1140515
I think it is honestly kind of random, I interviewed 2/10 and heard back 2/22Do you guys think people from 2/17 will hear today?
twopercentmilk
New Member
They told us it could be early April when we get a decisionAlso, AAMC imposes a deadline on programs to submit decisions by 3/15. I believe everyone will get a final A, WL, or R decision made by then
Also, AAMC imposes a deadline on programs to submit decisions by 3/15. I believe everyone will get a final A, WL, or R decision made by then
Where do you see that at? The only thing I see about March 15th according to the AAMC Traffic Rules is:
“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”
SoftPretzelEnthusiast
New Member
1/13 still waiting 🙂Has anyone from 2/17 heard yet?
Where do you see that at? The only thing I see about March 15th according to the AAMC Traffic Rules is:
“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”
based on this, do you think the acceptance offers will be sent out on the 15th??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Road to matriculation email got me again :’)
goddamnit they need to stop w that [emoji24]
Would you mind DM the schools that you have applied? I have 516 MCAT and 3.96 GPA and a canadian. Not sure of my chances in US schoolsIf you're from a rural background, wouldn't applying to Canada be beneficial to you since UBC, UAlberta, Calgary, McGill, and Toronto have separate application streams for them?
I applied to States and Canada this cycle and even though we Canadians think it's easy to get an II in the States, it's significantly harder unless you have really high stats or you're URM.
I agree with the peeps above you definitely need to apply earlier in the cycle. You could also do a course-based master's? I am interviewing at UBC, Queen's, Alberta and Calgary this cycle in addition to some US schools so let me know what u need.
Anyone moved off of the waitlist yet?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
nopeAny updates from 2/17 interview batch?
Interviewed 10/7 and still nothing as well lol. Honestly I am astounded that I have not heard even a decision back.I interviewed 10/28 and have heard nothing back but "Road to Matriculation" emails 🙃🙃
Anyone wanna take one for the team and call admissions to check for an update [emoji24]
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
i called earlier this week. they said mid-april is their goal for their decisions
i called earlier this week. they said mid-april is their goal for their decisions
what omg [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] this wait is unbearable
thank you for letting us know!
mitochondriaisthebest
New Member
Just got the email. WL and I'll be accepting the WL spot
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Just got the email. WL and I'll be accepting the WL
😊what date did you interview?Just got the email. WL and I'll be accepting the WL spot
Canadian Applicant - A!!!
Last edited:
Any other decisions?
Any 2/10 decisions today ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Congrats! When did you interview and are you oos or is?A!!! 🥹
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Congrats! Is or oos?A just now!
D
deleted1140515
Will be withdrawing my A, hopefully it goes to one of you!!
mitochondriaisthebest
New Member
I interviewed on 3/3!😊what date did you interview?
Thanks! I interviewed 3/3 and I'm Canadian!Congrats! When did you interview and are you oos or is?
Fredy Calderon Jr.
Full Member
Wow how nice! Congrats, I interviewed on 2/10, and still have not heard anything yetThanks! I interviewed 3/3 and I'm Canadian!
Anyone have anything on 2023 Match results? All I can find is the % of students matched into primary care.
twopercentmilk
New Member
Received WL today, 03/03 interview
Last edited:
WL today ,2/10 interview
LiteralBrainsAndGains
New Member
Current student! Feel free to PM me. If I don't get back with you in a timely manner, I apologize in advance!Can I PM a current student?
Is it not a good sign for those of us who have not heard a decision?
hows the WL movement for OOS here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LiteralBrainsAndGains
New Member
Secondary was complete beginning of December and I interviewed in January of my cycle. I was WL at the end of April and was in at the beginning of May. So no acceptance or correspondence isn't necessarily a bad sign right now! I would suggest writing a letter of intent for the school so they know that you are still interested.Is it not a good sign for those of us who have not heard a decision?
LiteralBrainsAndGains
New Member
WL movement tends to go off of the spot needed to be filled from what I remember (I'm not 100% sure though). For example, if a 25 y/o male who is OOS drops his acceptance, they will likely look for someone with similar demographics to take off of the WL. However, the chance of coming off the WL might be lower because only about 20% of our class is OOS. Hope this helps answer your question!hows the WL movement for OOS here?
duckduck1738
Full Member
Had anyone received a formal acceptance after the CBC?
Post interview rejection