2022-2023 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got road to matriculation email and had a mini heart attack

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I try and call and see? I just have a deposit due at another school soon and I feel like as soon as I pay that I’m gonna get an A from central

Also, AAMC imposes a deadline on programs to submit decisions by 3/15. I believe everyone will get a final A, WL, or R decision made by then

Where do you see that at? The only thing I see about March 15th according to the AAMC Traffic Rules is:

“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you see that at? The only thing I see about March 15th according to the AAMC Traffic Rules is:

“By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.”

based on this, do you think the acceptance offers will be sent out on the 15th??

Road to matriculation email got me again :’)

Reactions: 6 users
If you're from a rural background, wouldn't applying to Canada be beneficial to you since UBC, UAlberta, Calgary, McGill, and Toronto have separate application streams for them?

I applied to States and Canada this cycle and even though we Canadians think it's easy to get an II in the States, it's significantly harder unless you have really high stats or you're URM.

I agree with the peeps above you definitely need to apply earlier in the cycle. You could also do a course-based master's? I am interviewing at UBC, Queen's, Alberta and Calgary this cycle in addition to some US schools so let me know what u need.
Would you mind DM the schools that you have applied? I have 516 MCAT and 3.96 GPA and a canadian. Not sure of my chances in US schools

I interviewed 10/28 and have heard nothing back but "Road to Matriculation" emails 🙃🙃

I interviewed 10/28 and have heard nothing back but "Road to Matriculation" emails 🙃🙃
Interviewed 10/7 and still nothing as well lol. Honestly I am astounded that I have not heard even a decision back.

Anyone wanna take one for the team and call admissions to check for an update

Canadian Applicant - A!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Will be withdrawing my A, hopefully it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have anything on 2023 Match results? All I can find is the % of students matched into primary care.

Is it not a good sign for those of us who have not heard a decision?
Secondary was complete beginning of December and I interviewed in January of my cycle. I was WL at the end of April and was in at the beginning of May. So no acceptance or correspondence isn't necessarily a bad sign right now! I would suggest writing a letter of intent for the school so they know that you are still interested.

hows the WL movement for OOS here?
WL movement tends to go off of the spot needed to be filled from what I remember (I'm not 100% sure though). For example, if a 25 y/o male who is OOS drops his acceptance, they will likely look for someone with similar demographics to take off of the WL. However, the chance of coming off the WL might be lower because only about 20% of our class is OOS. Hope this helps answer your question!

Reactions: 1 user