2022-2023 Central Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how many interview days left?

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if they’re gonna send out acceptances soon since they’ve released waitlist and rejection decisions. Still waiting from October interview.

Just got waitlisted. Interviewed on Jan 20th.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A on Monday. First A this cycle. Is there a groupme or anything for admitted students?

Last edited:
oos II just now

edit: i am so thankful i have been waiting anxiously for a II from here

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any tips for the interview with CMU?
It's super low stress. Be prepared to answer typical MMI questions. The small group activities were genuinely fun and engaging. I've only interviewed twice so far (with another interview coming up in a few weeks) and this was my favorite one so far.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Nice! Is the MMI individualized (eg you are working 1-1 with an interviewer OR does it take place in a group setting)?
The MMI is individualized and the small group consists of faculty and a group of about 4-5 applicants

complete in august, still haven't heard anything... should I still be hopeful?

Reactions: 8 users
does anyone who already interviewed here mind DMing me? also does anyone know the likelihood of getting an A after interviewing here?

Does anyone mind sharing their experience for the MMI? How many stations? How long do they give you to answer their questions? Please let me know asap. I thought they would share this with us prior to the interview but my interview is Friday and I didn't recieve anything that answers these questions!!

how does CMU do financial aid/scholarships? do they offer any for OOS students?

Does anyone mind sharing their experience for the MMI? How many stations? How long do they give you to answer their questions? Please let me know asap. I thought they would share this with us prior to the interview but my interview is Friday and I didn't recieve anything that answers these questions!!
You should email admissions because they sent me a welcome link that goes to a video detailing the entire interview process. They go over the layout and structure of the MMI and the small group activities. I don't remember when they sent it. It might have been a day or 2 before my interview.

nope, no luck here! was hoping to get in touch with some current students here maybe?
One of their "Road to Matriculation Series" was focused on financial aid. If you missed it, I would go back and watch it. They save the recordings in the portal.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone with a January interview not hear back yet? Wondering if there’s still hope for an A or if I should mentally prepare for a WL/R?

I interviewed in September and also haven’t heard back lmao. I’ve been beaten down.
I'm sure the wait is excruciating, but I don't know for a fact that it means something bad :( UIowa does a thing called Final Pool where if they can't make a decision on any interviewed applicants by January, they postpone until the committee meets a second time in February to re-evaluate, and decisions are all released together on March 15th. I also know that >50% of the incoming class comes from the Final Pool, which is largely made up of people who interviewed early on and are anxious to hear back. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know how the decision process works for CMU exactly, but I know for a fact that having a lengthy wait at many other schools does NOT mean you have been rejected (I refer again to that 50% statistic). Waiting literally half a year after an interview to hear back though, is kind of ridiculous, and I wouldn't know how to deal with the anxiety that comes with that. Best of luck to you and HANG IN THERE FRIEND <3

Congrats to you! I have a feeling it’s likely the last one of the season (last year’s was Feb 22). Time to start revising and praparing for the 2023 cycle… onwards!

when did they say we might potentially hear for 2/10 interviews? end of the month?

Again, just a feeling. Could be wrong… head up and good luck!

if anyone is in the accepted student groupme/facebook, approx how many students are in there? is the class almost filled?

if anyone is in the accepted student groupme/facebook, approx how many students are in there? is the class almost filled?
there are only 23 on facebook including 2 admin. so maybe 50 acceptances gone out and 50 left? 60 come off the waitlist so these numbers seem to make sense.

there are only 23 on facebook including 2 admin. so maybe 50 acceptances gone out and 50 left? 60 come off the waitlist so these numbers seem to make sense.

I’d guess more than 50 acceptances left to be sent. The class size is 104 and remember that not everyone given an acceptance will matriculate to CMED (may choose somewhere else)

Hello everyone,
From their website they state that the next offer date is March 1st, does that mean people who interviewed in February will hear back on march 1st?
Best of luck to everyone
where do you see that?

Interviewed 10/7 and still have not heard a single peep from CMU. Anybody else in a similar situation??

Interviewed 10/7 and still have not heard a single peep from CMU. Anybody else in a similar situation??
This is very common for this school. Many people don’t hear back until April/May and it is typically either a waitlist or an R if the wait is that long (from my own experience at least). It’s a very frustrating boat to be on, but there is A LOT of waitlist and waitlist movements towards the Spring months

Is it worth to send a LOI/Update letter if I'm WL at CMU? The WL isn't ranked so I feel like a LOI would be meaningless.

Interviewed 2/10, just got an email & the A just now!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users