You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Central Michigan
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I wonder if they’re gonna send out acceptances soon since they’ve released waitlist and rejection decisions. Still waiting from October interview.
Just got waitlisted. Interviewed on Jan 20th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 I am just happy we're finally seeing some movementI wonder if they’re gonna send out acceptances soon since they’ve released waitlist and rejection decisions. Still waiting from October interview.
Running0617
Full Member
5anyone know how many interview days left?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
have they sent out all the invites already?
Running0617
Full Member
No, they haven't. They interview until the end of March. You can email or call them, they'll answer all your questions.have they sent out all the invites already?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
got it! thank you so much!No, they haven't. They interview until the end of March. You can email or call them, they'll answer all your questions.
Got the A on Monday. First A this cycle. Is there a groupme or anything for admitted students?
Last edited:
becomingdrk
Full Member
Congrats! There is this groupme.Got the A on Monday. First A this cycle. Is there a groupme or anything for admitted students?
You're invited to my new group 'CMED class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
Congrats, can you share when you interviewed?Got the A on Monday. First A this cycle. Is there a groupme or anything for admitted students?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
oos II just now
edit: i am so thankful i have been waiting anxiously for a II from here
edit: i am so thankful i have been waiting anxiously for a II from here
Last edited:
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?Same! Wasn't expecting this 🙂 Any idea on how much of class has been filled?
Fluffernuttersquish
Full Member
Congrats do you mind sharing stats?oos II just now
edit: i am so thankful i have been waiting anxiously for a II from here
When is your interview?oos II just now
edit: i am so thankful i have been waiting anxiously for a II from here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
Congrats do you mind sharing stats?
i think they do every friday but mine is the 17th and stats are MCAT<510, 3.9 GPAWhen is your interview?
How's the waitlist movement look for CMU?
Running0617
Full Member
Approx. 2/3 get off itHow's the waitlist movement look for CMU?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
any tips for the interview with CMU?
It's super low stress. Be prepared to answer typical MMI questions. The small group activities were genuinely fun and engaging. I've only interviewed twice so far (with another interview coming up in a few weeks) and this was my favorite one so far.any tips for the interview with CMU?
The MMI is individualized and the small group consists of faculty and a group of about 4-5 applicantsNice! Is the MMI individualized (eg you are working 1-1 with an interviewer OR does it take place in a group setting)?
complete in august, still haven't heard anything... should I still be hopeful?
constantine1
New Member
samecomplete in august, still haven't heard anything... should I still be hopeful?
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
does anyone who already interviewed here mind DMing me? also does anyone know the likelihood of getting an A after interviewing here?
Pinocchio1
Full Member
Does anyone mind sharing their experience for the MMI? How many stations? How long do they give you to answer their questions? Please let me know asap. I thought they would share this with us prior to the interview but my interview is Friday and I didn't recieve anything that answers these questions!!
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
how does CMU do financial aid/scholarships? do they offer any for OOS students?
You should email admissions because they sent me a welcome link that goes to a video detailing the entire interview process. They go over the layout and structure of the MMI and the small group activities. I don't remember when they sent it. It might have been a day or 2 before my interview.Does anyone mind sharing their experience for the MMI? How many stations? How long do they give you to answer their questions? Please let me know asap. I thought they would share this with us prior to the interview but my interview is Friday and I didn't recieve anything that answers these questions!!
Pinocchio1
Full Member
I didn't recieve one yet ! Maybe tomorrow !!??
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
nope, no luck here! was hoping to get in touch with some current students here maybe?Did you get insight here, curious to learn more too
becomingdrk
Full Member
One of their "Road to Matriculation Series" was focused on financial aid. If you missed it, I would go back and watch it. They save the recordings in the portal.nope, no luck here! was hoping to get in touch with some current students here maybe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoftPretzelEnthusiast
New Member
Anyone with a January interview not hear back yet? Wondering if there’s still hope for an A or if I should mentally prepare for a WL/R?
Anyone with a January interview not hear back yet? Wondering if there’s still hope for an A or if I should mentally prepare for a WL/R?
I interviewed in September and also haven’t heard back lmao. I’ve been beaten down.
I'm sure the wait is excruciating, but I don't know for a fact that it means something bad 🙁 UIowa does a thing called Final Pool where if they can't make a decision on any interviewed applicants by January, they postpone until the committee meets a second time in February to re-evaluate, and decisions are all released together on March 15th. I also know that >50% of the incoming class comes from the Final Pool, which is largely made up of people who interviewed early on and are anxious to hear back. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't know how the decision process works for CMU exactly, but I know for a fact that having a lengthy wait at many other schools does NOT mean you have been rejected (I refer again to that 50% statistic). Waiting literally half a year after an interview to hear back though, is kind of ridiculous, and I wouldn't know how to deal with the anxiety that comes with that. Best of luck to you and HANG IN THERE FRIEND <3I interviewed in September and also haven’t heard back lmao. I’ve been beaten down.
mitochondriaisthebest
New Member
OOS II today!! Only one interview date was left when I went to schedule
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
Congrats to you! I have a feeling it’s likely the last one of the season (last year’s was Feb 22). Time to start revising and praparing for the 2023 cycle… onwards!
when did they say we might potentially hear for 2/10 interviews? end of the month?
I remembered as at least 6 weeks later from the interview.when did they say we might potentially hear for 2/10 interviews? end of the month?
So, on April.
D
deleted1145751
oof still havent gotten an II yet so thats heartbreaking.Congrats to you! I have a feeling it’s likely the last one of the season (last year’s was Feb 22). Time to start revising and praparing for the 2023 cycle… onwards!
ScribeBing
2°: 26 | II: 3 | A: 2
Again, just a feeling. Could be wrong… head up and good luck!
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
if anyone is in the accepted student groupme/facebook, approx how many students are in there? is the class almost filled?
there are only 23 on facebook including 2 admin. so maybe 50 acceptances gone out and 50 left? 60 come off the waitlist so these numbers seem to make sense.if anyone is in the accepted student groupme/facebook, approx how many students are in there? is the class almost filled?
D
deleted1145751
are there any more interviews going out after the last batch?there are only 23 on facebook including 2 admin. so maybe 50 acceptances gone out and 50 left? 60 come off the waitlist so these numbers seem to make sense.
as someone else quoted on sdn "only adcoms know"are there any more interviews going out after the last batch?
there are only 23 on facebook including 2 admin. so maybe 50 acceptances gone out and 50 left? 60 come off the waitlist so these numbers seem to make sense.
I’d guess more than 50 acceptances left to be sent. The class size is 104 and remember that not everyone given an acceptance will matriculate to CMED (may choose somewhere else)
where do you see that?Hello everyone,
From their website they state that the next offer date is March 1st, does that mean people who interviewed in February will hear back on march 1st?
Best of luck to everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1, exact same date lolInterviewed 10/7 and still have not heard a single peep from CMU. Anybody else in a similar situation??
WaitingForAnA
New Member
This is very common for this school. Many people don’t hear back until April/May and it is typically either a waitlist or an R if the wait is that long (from my own experience at least). It’s a very frustrating boat to be on, but there is A LOT of waitlist and waitlist movements towards the Spring monthsInterviewed 10/7 and still have not heard a single peep from CMU. Anybody else in a similar situation??
Is it worth to send a LOI/Update letter if I'm WL at CMU? The WL isn't ranked so I feel like a LOI would be meaningless.
D
deleted1140515
Interviewed 2/10, just got an email & the A just now!