2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys know if UChicago actually releases decisions on Oct 16?

And (I know this is a bit of a stretch for you guys to know) how many people are accepted/rejected around that date?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW pritzker pls
On my interview day I'm pretty sure they said our decisions would be released October 16, though I'm not sure what interview dates that applies to -- I was there in early September.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know if UChicago actually releases decisions on Oct 16?

And (I know this is a bit of a stretch for you guys to know) how many people are accepted/rejected around that date?

I JUST WANT TO KNOW pritzker pls
Yup! They release admission decisions (either acceptance or hold I believe) starting on the 16th. In previous years, they were semi-rolling, so they accepted an equal number of applicants in October, December, and I think February. However, they mentioned at my interview that they were moving to legit rolling, so I'm not sure how that'll work out. My hunch is that they'll accept a lot of people on the 16th since there have already been almost 7 weeks of interviews by that point.

My hunch is that they'll accept a lot of people on the 16th since there have already been almost 7 weeks of interviews by that point.

I really hope your hunch is right. Best of luck, y'all!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent in updates? If so, did you just include it in the body of the email or did you include an attachment?

Does anyone know if the status ever changes from "application ready" to "under review, etc"?

Does anyone's account also say "Continued?" (after you've interviewed)

It says "Continued" on my status page.

Ahh, I don't see that! The last thing I have is still "Application Complete: Your application is ready." Holy cow that's scary though. When did you interview?

It says "Continued" on my status page.

Like @bae2017 mine says "application complete: your application is ready" and I interviewed in late August. Really loved my experience at Pritzker... but we are probably reading too far into this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like @bae2017 mine says "application complete: your application is ready" and I interviewed in late August. Really loved my experience at Pritzker... but we are probably reading too far into this.
My thoughts as well. I think they mentioned that the first commitee meeting isn't until mid october.

II! I was complete 7/12 and I had been pretty sure that they had passed over, so super excited to visit Chicago! :)

Reactions: 7 users
II! I was complete 7/12 and I had been pretty sure that they had passed over, so super excited to visit Chicago! :)
Somehow this doesn’t surprise me. Good luck!!!

So I called the admissions office today, and the lady on the line said that she couldn't see "Continued" anywhere on my portal. She said that admissions decisions do not come out until after October 15, and she said that the committee hasn't even met, but she'll ask the committee about this issue. Lmao I freaked out over nothing.

I hadn't checked the portal after my interview, and just saw that I have "continued" on my status page... I don't know what this means, but let's just hope for the best! :shrug:

I hadn't checked the portal after my interview, and just saw that I have "continued" on my status page... I don't know what this means, but let's just hope for the best! :shrug:
Check the posts I made above. I also had the same issue, but I called the admissions office today, and it doesn't mean anything. It's a glitch.

Reactions: 1 users
Check the posts I made above. I also had the same issue, but I called the admissions office today, and it doesn't mean anything. It's a glitch.

I do seem to recall them saying the committee meets weekly, but decisions are not made until the 10/16 though? I could be completely wrong on this one!

I do seem to recall them saying the committee meets weekly, but decisions are not made until the 10/16 though? I could be completely wrong on this one!
Yeah. Either way, there's no reason "Continued" should show up on our accounts. The woman I called on the phone basically said that it's a glitch. No decision is made until the 16th.

Yeah. Either way, there's no reason "Continued" should show up on our accounts. The woman I called on the phone basically said that it's a glitch. No decision is made until the 16th.

I don't mean to stir the pot, but if you've interviewed early then at this point they have most likely already made either an acceptance or continue decision on your application. It's just that they're not allowed to announce acceptances until 10/15.

I do remember seeing something about a similar glitch in another school's thread last year (the school was also using the AMP system) - waitlist decisions came out on the portals for two people way before anyone was expecting to hear and it just showed up with no email or notification or anything. Obviously hope that it was just a mistake, but if you don't hear anything on Oct. 16th, then at least you know that you've been continued as opposed to outright rejected and will hear back definitively later on in the cycle (along with the what is likely the majority of us who also interviewed in August/September).

I don't mean to stir the pot, but if you've interviewed early then at this point they have most likely already made either an acceptance or continue decision on your application. It's just that they're not allowed to announce acceptances until 10/15.

I do remember seeing something about a similar glitch in another school's thread last year (the school was also using the AMP system) - waitlist decisions came out on the portals for two people way before anyone was expecting to hear and it just showed up with no email or notification or anything. Obviously hope that it was just a mistake, but if you don't hear anything on Oct. 16th, then at least you know that you've been continued as opposed to outright rejected and will hear back definitively later on in the cycle (along with the what is likely the majority of us who also interviewed in August/September).
I mean the woman I spoke to said that the admissions committee literally hasn't made any decisions yet. But yeah, it's strange that that happened to two people last year...Ughhhhh

I hope it is a glitch...but it's weird how the continued status is only on select interviewees...
Lol if anything, you shouldn't be worried at all since you never got the Continued thing on your portal!

Complete 7/7, rejected today! Best of luck to everyone :)

Any current MD students here ? Iam just wondering what is the MD program looking for ? High mcat scores or a lot of research ? Would a PHD be valued ?

Just rejected, but it was definitely a long time coming. When I finally saw their stat spread, and my GPA was just at the lowest one they accepted last year, I knew I was toast. Good luck to the other applicants!!

Just rejected, but it was definitely a long time coming. When I finally saw their stat spread, and my GPA was just at the lowest one they accepted last year, I knew I was toast. Good luck to the other applicants!!
+1 rejection, although I actually thought my application was somewhat competitive for Chicago even with my low GPA, given their focus on high MCAT scores.
My real concern is that other schools where I thought I was competitive will feel similarly to Chicago

Is Pritzker amenable to being contacted about an interview if I'm going to be in Chicago in the next month or two? I just got an interview at another medical school in Chicago and am going to be traveling halfway across the country to attend it. I think I'm competitive but haven't heard anything from Pritzker yet.

Last edited:
+1 rejection, although I actually thought my application was somewhat competitive for Chicago even with my low GPA, given their focus on high MCAT scores.
My real concern is that other schools where I thought I was competitive will feel similarly to Chicago

I think they really value stats so I think you may be in a better position at other schools. I’m expecting a rejection from NYU as well.

Is Pritzker amenable to being contacted about an interview if I'm going to be in Chicago in the next month or two? I just got an interview at another medical school in Chicago and am going to be traveling halfway across the country to attend it. I think I'm competitive but haven't heard anything from Pritzker yet. Also, this other school gave me a few possible dates - worth letting admissions know?

I believe they are open to in-the-area requests!

Are these recent string of rejections for the MD program?

I mean the woman I spoke to said that the admissions committee literally hasn't made any decisions yet. But yeah, it's strange that that happened to two people last year...Ughhhhh

I mean, what would you expect her to say? "O ya, that's the decision we made on ur app, we messed up and released some early on the portals"?

Is your continued status still there?

Regardless, it's kinda useless to speculate at this point. Guess we'll all see in 10 days

I mean, what would you expect her to say? "O ya, that's the decision we made on ur app, we messed up and released some early on the portals"?

Is your continued status still there?

Regardless, it's kinda useless to speculate at this point. Guess we'll all see in 10 days
The head of the admissions office contacted me and said that my application hasn't even been reviewed yet, so this is a pointless conversation.

The head of the admissions office contacted me and said that my application hasn't even been reviewed yet, so this is a pointless conversation.

Oh, nice! Never mind then LOL guess it's all chill then

Wait so is it frowned upon to call schools and ask what the status of your application is?

Wait so is it frowned upon to call schools and ask what the status of your application is?
I mean my case is different because I saw a change in my status that wasn't supposed to be there. I would not call the office just to see what your status is.