2017-2018 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Have you also received an email? I ask because I am currently out of the country, and while I tried to share an alternative phone number with admissions, I'm not sure what to think. Thanks for abetting my neuroticism :)

Members don't see this ad.

acceptance earlier today! you get an email immediately after the phone call. no mention of scholarship money.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure I was an incoherent mess over the phone but... ACCEPTED!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone that hasn't been called get a hold email or any update?

Well, we come to the end of the business day now. Radio silence, and at this point, I hope it stays that way (no continue/rejection, pritzker pls).

Reactions: 1 user
Holy moly! Congratulations! That must have been the most amazing phone call ever! What on earth did you say?
Thank you! I just sputtered for a bit and then started rambling incoherently about how much I loved Pritzker/Chicago/deep-dish pizza, which elicited some laughter. Definitely the best phone call of my life.

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance!! Has anyone who interviewed after 9/25 heard back today?

Congrats to everyone who got an acceptance!! Has anyone who interviewed after 9/25 heard back today?

^^^ I'd love to know this too. Mine was late september and I've been glancing at my phone every few minutes haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it is rolling acceptance this year or will they only have two dates for acceptances this semester like last year?

So for those who interviewed and have not heard anything, should we just assume we are continued? Last year, they seemed to email a lot of people who were continued and interviewed relatively early on the first day, but this year, no one has reported being continued yet.

^^^ I'd love to know this too. Mine was late september and I've been glancing at my phone every few minutes haha.

I don’t think so? I interviewed early September and have not heard anything.

So for those who interviewed and have not heard anything, should we just assume we are continued? Last year, they seemed to email a lot of people who were continued and interviewed relatively early on the first day, but this year, no one has reported being continued yet.
^^^ Would love to know this as well!

@belvita @james11 Any insight on this?

II! Complete 7/10! LizzyM 77. So excited :D congrats to everyone that got accepted!

Reactions: 7 users
I called again, but I didn't have the guts to ask about the status of my application. I just asked if admissions was true rolling or if they would have select dates to release decisions like in the past. The person who picked up the phone told me that "it's kinda rolling" not sure what that means but I didn't ask for clarification lol

Reactions: 4 users
I called again, but I didn't have the guts to ask about the status of my application. I just asked if admissions was true rolling or if they would have select dates to release decisions like in the past. The person who picked up the phone told me that "it's kinda rolling" not sure what that means but I didn't ask for clarification lol

Fair enough thanks for being the brave soul haha

waiting for that Chicago area-code bling
that could only mean one thing...

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 1.45.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 1.45.32 PM.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 223
Reactions: 3 users
I also called, and got an extremely vague answer haha. I asked if it was true rolling admissions or just the three dates, and the person who answered said something along the lines of "the committee meets between Winter and Fall and lets applicants know about their decision. I do not know on what specific dates those things happen."

Just curious, were they receptive to your ITA in the end? I'd like to send them one as well. Thanks!
I called them about ITA when I had my northwestern interview and they said they are not receptive

I called them about ITA when I had my northwestern interview and they said they are not receptive
Oh well, same situation here. I guess I won't send it then, but I'm really not sure I can afford to fly there twice, it's kind of annoying. Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

But, what's this I found on their website then, under "Admissions FAQ"? Admissions FAQ | Pritzker School of Medicine | The University of Chicago

Q. What if I have another interview scheduled within the city of Chicago? Can you accommodate that so I only have to make one trip?

A. We ask that you let us know as soon as possible that you are trying to coordinate interviews. We will make every attempt to accommodate your request, but it may not be possible given the dates of our open interview slots. The sooner you can let us know, the greater the odds are that we can make it work, but there are no guarantees.

Are they only talking about post II?

But, what's this I found on their website then, under "Admissions FAQ"? Admissions FAQ | Pritzker School of Medicine | The University of Chicago

Q. What if I have another interview scheduled within the city of Chicago? Can you accommodate that so I only have to make one trip?

A. We ask that you let us know as soon as possible that you are trying to coordinate interviews. We will make every attempt to accommodate your request, but it may not be possible given the dates of our open interview slots. The sooner you can let us know, the greater the odds are that we can make it work, but there are no guarantees.

Are they only talking about post II?
I read that earlier today, and felt it was referring to post II. But, that may not be the case. I would recommend calling their office and asking them

I read that earlier today, and felt it was referring to post II. But, that may not be the case. I would recommend calling their office and asking them
I totally would, but extramilemed said they called the office already, about three posts previously, and were told no. Don't want to make them crazy. I'll probably call tomorrow anyhow, just to make sure. Will post results here

I totally would, but extramilemed said they called the office already, about three posts previously, and were told no. Don't want to make them crazy. I'll probably call tomorrow anyhow, just to make sure. Will post results here
yeah, can't hurt I guess :shrug:

Accepted yesterday with 75% tuition scholarship!!!!! Congratulations to the others accepted as well!! BTW do you guys know how we can go about accepting the offer? The email didn't mention anything

Congrats to those getting accepted today! You guys are making me jealous ;). For those who are still waiting, your time will come. Just hang on tight.

I've heard nothing since I was complete 7/22. Not a hold email, or a rejection email. Should I call? I mean if my application had been reviewed and put on hold they would update it right?

I've heard nothing since I was complete 7/22. Not a hold email, or a rejection email. Should I call? I mean if my application had been reviewed and put on hold they would update it right?
in a very similar predicament, i sent in an update recently maybe to nudge them a bit but I don't think they send hold emails.

I was complete 7/6 and haven't heard anything myself. Don't think there's a need to call. I'm sure plenty of applicants have heard nothing.