2017-2018 University of Florida

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I sincerely doubt that they go in order, because I've had all my secondaries done since July and only one II thus far, and I think my app is decently competitive.

Schools have different priorities, and will sort applicants based on those.

I keep telling myself this, but I'm feeling differently. I don't have an overly competitive app, so I'm not expecting much.
 
I keep telling myself this, but I'm feeling differently. I don't have an overly competitive app, so I'm not expecting much.
Imposter syndrome is real! We all struggle with it, but you are more likely than not more qualified than you let yourself believe. You had a USF interview, right? That's a good school, and they're not going to interview someone they aren't willing to give a spot, so they think you're qualified. The trick is learning to let yourself think that too (;
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've spoken with some administrators from this school on the phone and I have been impressed by how generous they are with their time and how kind they are about the application process. It makes me feel really good about this school.
 
This school is AMAZING. I interviewed here last month, and I don't think I can say enough good things about it and every person I met. When we came downstairs for lunch with current med students the crowd of 50+ cheered and clapped for us. I would really feel so honored and thrilled to get an acceptance here. Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting on an II!
 
This school is AMAZING. I interviewed here last month, and I don't think I can say enough good things about it and every person I met. When we came downstairs for lunch with current med students the crowd of 50+ cheered and clapped for us. I would really feel so honored and thrilled to get an acceptance here. Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting on an II!

We were clapping because we were finally going to get the free food

and also because it's a pretty big honor to get an interview and y'all deserve a round of applause (mostly the food though)
 
We were clapping because we were finally going to get the free food

and also because it's a pretty big honor to get an interview and y'all deserve a round of applause (mostly the food though)

hahaha we knew it was for the food but it was still a fun moment!
 
There were no interviews for the past two weeks, which might explain the silence.

I believe there are interviews this Friday so perhaps it was to sort things out for the AAMC acceptances date. In any case, hopefully activity will be ramping back up soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said the decisions were made the Monday or Tuesday following the interview, so anyone who has interviewed up until last week should expect the decision to go out today. Does anyone recall them telling us how they’d get in touch? Call/email/mail/app portal?
 
Last edited:
Interviewed in August. They said the decisions were made the Monday or Tuesday following the interview, so anyone who has interviewed up until last week should expect the decision to go out today. Does anyone recall them telling us how they’d get in touch? Call/email/mail/app portal?

Interviewers are given the option to call or email us during the day if we are accepted. Based on previous threads that starts happening around 11:30 am... Then accepted applicants get an official email around 6 pm.
Waitlisted and rejected applicants just get an email. That's my understanding...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just talked to the people in the office. They send out the emails one by one on an individual basis, so as acceptances roll in don't get discouraged! Sounded like they were just getting started on sending out acceptances. I got mine late in the day and was a panicking the whole time.

They will let you know as soon as they can.

Your interviewer may or may not call you, but everyone will get an email.

Found this from last cycle!
 
Waitlisted. I am pretty bummed, because I really liked the school. Also this is coming as a bit of a surprise because I athought my interviews went really well. I will say as a note to future applicants that I am getting a lot of interest from “top tier” schools, and a part of me wonders if part of the reason why I didn’t get in here is because UF practices yield protection. Or maybe that’s the bitterness speaking!
Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you'll end up at a great school though!!
Did they call or email for waitlist? I'm still waiting to hear and it's torture.
 
Does anyone feel like theres been a lot less action on this thread than last year's release date? Don't know if they're being slow or people just aren't on SDN...or maybe I'm just crazy can't really tell anymore after today haha