2017-2018 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They definitely do not go in order. I was complete in late July and received an II in late August.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, you just got an interview and were complete July 11th? At that rate, i'll never get an interview haha. I was complete at the end of August. Do they call you or email you about interview invites?
Ahh, def not in order. I interviewed in September and was complete late-ish in July! Idk how med schools work, but I can conclude it’s not chronologically

Just received an interview call! Complete late July.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
December 8th, January 19, Jan 26!

It seems like schools are booked into January and are just filling in applicants for when previously scheduled interviewees withdraw due to other acceptances.

Does anyone know around when the decision calls come out? At my interview date (11/17) they said they would notify us today!

Does anyone know around when the decision calls come out? At my interview date (11/17) they said they would notify us today!
Seems like calls can come anytime throughout the day depending on faculty's availability...I never got a call though, and didn't get my email until 6pm!

Anybody hear anything? The silence is killing me

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted brb while I cry forever I’m so excited

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted earlier this week! 1st years just finished 1st semester of classes and are off to do a 2-week preceptorship (real clinical experience with a family practice/internal medicine/peds physician). Hit us up with any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any experience with submitting a new LOR at this point in the cycle? Can’t seem to find anything on their website except a 10 letter max

Does anyone have any experience with submitting a new LOR at this point in the cycle? Can’t seem to find anything on their website except a 10 letter max[/QUOTE
Use interfolio.com. You can send a confidential letter of recommendation request to your mentor's email from this site. They can send it back to interfolio. You can then send the letter to as many up to 50 destination emails or physical addresses. If you have the admissions email, you can securely send to them without your ability to view the letter, so it keeps it confidential.

Does anyone have any experience with submitting a new LOR at this point in the cycle? Can’t seem to find anything on their website except a 10 letter max
Use interfolio.com. You can send a confidential letter of recommendation request to your mentor's email from this site. They can send it back to interfolio. You can then send the letter to as many up to 50 destination emails or physical addresses. If you have the admissions email, you can securely send to them without your ability to view the letter, so it keeps it confidential.

Thank you :) this is the preferred method as opposed to sending it through AMCAS?

Thank you :) this is the preferred method as opposed to sending it through AMCAS?
yes. I've done this with other programs. I think there was only one that recently discontinued using this service..not sure why.

excuse me.. let me make a correction. All schools prefer AMCAS. However, if you have reached your limit, use inferfolio. A couple of my LORs did not put their letters on letterhead and I had to have them resubmit. They were able to use their original request AMCAS LOR #, so it didn't count as a new LOR

excuse me.. let me make a correction. All schools prefer AMCAS. However, if you have reached your limit, use inferfolio. A couple of my LORs did not put their letters on letterhead and I had to have them resubmit. They were able to use their original request AMCAS LOR #, so it didn't count as a new LOR
I see what you’re saying, thanks again!

II just now! I had practically given up hope that I would get an interview from here

Reactions: 5 users
Did they email or call?
They called but I couldn't answer and they left a voicemail. My LM is around 71 and I was complete mid-august. Best of luck to you all!

I know this was probably asked somewhere above, but scrolling through all the pages seems harder than just re-asking:
Do they accept updates? If so, where do we submit them?

I know this was probably asked somewhere above, but scrolling through all the pages seems harder than just re-asking:

It would be easier for you if you just called the schools that you wanted to update and asked...

They do - there’s a section on the portal

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It would be easier for you if you just called the schools that you wanted to update and asked...
Nah, the purpose of SDN is to get answers to simple questions like this. Sorry you happened to be following a lot of the threads I asked this in lol :rolleyes:

To be fair, UF was super explicit in their update policy in their complete email. Then again, I understand you are applying to a lot of programs!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today! new year's eve luck

Reactions: 6 users
when are interviews complete here? I read that the class is filled by mid-March. How much notice between invite and interview date? Trying to make some decisions on 2 other programs.

Does anyone know when UF disperses their scholarahips?

when are interviews complete here? I read that the class is filled by mid-March. How much notice between invite and interview date? Trying to make some decisions on 2 other programs.

They are surprisingly helpful in the office, so you could call and ask!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I just submitted an update through the portal by navigating to --> User Profile --> Updates per instructions. From that page, I clicked "save" and then received a confirmation on that page stating, "Your answers have been saved." I don't see any option to resubmit my app or anything like that. Can someone who has successfully submitted an update to UF confirm this is all I need to do?

I talked to Juliet on Wednesday 1/3. She said there are four interview dates available. 1/27, 2/2, and 2/16 I believe. Not sure what the fourth date is. I was invited to interview on 12/29, and those are the options she gave me.

Anyone know how to get your UFID from the first half of the secondary application? I got on email with instructions that don’t work.

Anyone know how to get your UFID from the first half of the secondary application? I got on email with instructions that don’t work.
Did you ever figure this out? My link wasn't working either. I called UF professional schools admissions and they told me just to send in a check with the payment because it was an old link. Not sure if this is totally accurate though... but maybe i'm just being paranoid.

Did you ever figure this out? My link wasn't working either. I called UF professional schools admissions and they told me just to send in a check with the payment because it was an old link. Not sure if this is totally accurate though... but maybe i'm just being paranoid.

I ended up paying through the portal and eventually ignored the instructions in the email. They still have me in the system, so it worked!

EDIT for clarity: this was for my acceptance payment - I can’t remember how I did it to submit my secondary.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

I got the UFID by going to one.uf , signing in, and clicking on Application Status. Before, it wouldn't populate an ID for me even tho I did the professional app. I had sent an email earlier last week and they were kind enough to give me a 24 hour extension for my secondary since it wasn’t fixed until today.

So once I got the UFID I plugged it in and submitted it.

I’m very happy to have sent it! Congrats to everyone who already got interviews/accepted!

Tuesday feb 6th is when the next acceptances are sent out!

I just received an II today around 1pm! OOS

I received a masters in physiology email at 1 pm... lemme go make sure that wasn't an II I deleted..

Reactions: 6 users