2017-2018 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has UF given out any pre II rejections yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else getting an error when accessing the financial aid application? Can I assume it’s because too many of us are logging on at one? I finally found my UFID, and now I can’t access the application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else getting an error when accessing the financial aid application? Can I assume it’s because too many of us are logging on at one? I finally found my UFID, and now I can’t access the application.

Yes, I'm getting an error too! Although as far as I saw, you don't need you UFID to login, just the email associated with your secondary!

Yes, I'm getting an error too! Although as far as I saw, you don't need you UFID to login, just the email associated with your secondary!

I was able to log on earlier and saw that it asked for it in the application. Then I had to leave, and cane back to the error message. Pro tip: you can find the UFID on your secondary application. Bummed we can’t fill it out now.

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to log on earlier and saw that it asked for it in the application. Then I had to leave, and cane back to the error message. Pro tip: you can find the UFID on your secondary application. Bummed we can’t fill it out now.

Ahh I see, yeah I haven't been able to log on at all since I got the email. If I have any luck I'll let you know!

Ahh I see, yeah I haven't been able to log on at all since I got the email. If I have any luck I'll let you know!

I'm finally back in and can't figure out whether where I grew up was considered rural or urban between the ages of 5-18. Otherwise it's fairly straightforward!

I'm finally back in and can't figure out whether where I grew up was considered rural or urban between the ages of 5-18. Otherwise it's fairly straightforward!

I got in a few minutes ago and managed to complete the whole thing and then when I clicked save it crashed :bang: so save every few minutes if you can haha

I got in a few minutes ago and managed to complete the whole thing and then when I clicked save it crashed :bang: so save every few minutes if you can haha

Totally happened to me! I now have it saved so I can review it once more before I submit.

Are interviews done here?

When I interviewed here 3 years ago (and got waitlisted, hence this application), their last interview day was what would be the analog of this Friday (2018-02-16). I emailed them on Monday asking if this was the case or if they've added another date since I last interviewed, but have not yet received a response.

Last day is March 2 because when I got my II that was he last date offered.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning (around 8ish ET/7ish CT)! I hope it's the same for some of you who are still waiting at this stage as well!

Reactions: 2 users
Dates available, stats, and complete date

Will do (didn't want to seem attention-grabbing and overshare if people didn't want to know):
Just got an "If you're interested, tell me and I'll call you with dates", but they told me last week that the last interview day was 2018-03-02 (corroborated above in this thread), so I believe it's that.

Out of State (Alabama) but with family ties (my wife's from Orlando), 2nd-time applicant (waitlisted here in 2015), Undergrad GPA = 3.93, Grad GPA = 3.84, MCAT = 511, Complete 2017-09-22.

Reactions: 1 users
Will do (didn't want to seem attention-grabbing and overshare if people didn't want to know):
Just got an "If you're interested, tell me and I'll call you with dates", but they told me last week that the last interview day was 2018-03-02 (corroborated above in this thread), so I believe it's that.

Out of State (Alabama) but with family ties (my wife's from Orlando), 2nd-time applicant (waitlisted here in 2015), Undergrad GPA = 3.93, Grad GPA = 3.84, MCAT = 511, Complete 2017-09-22.

I was just wondering if your stats are closer to mine and if I have any shot left for UF this cycle. Thanks

Anybody else submitted secondaries and still waiting to hear back anything about interviews from UF and other in-state (FL) schools? is it too late, should I just be gearing up to reapply?

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody else submitted secondaries and still waiting to hear back anything about interviews from UF and other in-state (FL) schools? is it too late, should I just be gearing up to reapply?
Same boat as you

Update: confirmed this morning to be 2018-03-02.

Same boat as you

At this point in the cycle, I would definitely be gearing up to re-apply if you don't have any acceptances. That applies to all USMD schools, not just FL schools.

Does anyone know what we are supposed to wear during the second look weekend?

Well that’s that, the interview season is over for UF. Just got the email this morning. No hard feelings though, great school, but I would NOT have been happy in Gainesville.

Edit: Gainesville, not Jacksonville.

Last edited:
Well that’s that, the interview season is over for UF. Just got the email this morning. No hard feelings though, great school, but I would NOT have been happy in Jacksonville.
Gainesville?

Rejected. This was my dream school. Ah well.

Good luck everyone!

People who interviewed on 2/16 should be hearing back today. When in the day have the decisions usually gone out?

People who interviewed on 2/16 should be hearing back today. When in the day have the decisions usually gone out?
Did they say they will email? Mine came out some time between 5 and 6 PM, so it might be a long day for you. Best of luck - I really love this school!

Did they say they will email? Mine came out some time between 5 and 6 PM, so it might be a long day for you. Best of luck - I really love this school!
Oh man, yeah it’s gonna be a long day xD I saw that sometimes people call but yes they said we would get an email.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear back post-interview. The 2nd years are off to study for Step and the 1st years are on spring break so let us know if you have any questions before Second Look next month

Waitlisted :(

How do we send in updates? And what is the movement on the waitlist like?

A. Waitlisted as well. Not as bitter as last time because I got into my #2 school, but I'm still right there with you all.

B. There's a section for updates in your secondary application portal that they read pretty consistently.

Hopefully this isn’t too discouraging but we were told that no one came off the waitlist last year... but they may accept less this year to correct for that

Waitlisted :( I’m crushed. Haven’t been accepted anywhere yet and I felt so good about this place.

I'm bummed about all the waitlist posts but don't lose hope, there are still a couple months to go in the cycle and anything can happen. Send in updates (I'm not sure the policy on a letter of interest/intent) and stay positive, I'm of the viewpoint that things will work out as they are supposed to/meant to and wherever you end up you have to make the most of that opportunity. If you have to re-apply address the weaknesses on your app and keep strong, if medicine is what you truly want stick with it and it will pay off. This is cliche but life isn't easy and by overcoming adversity and continuing to look forward you will become a better person from it and things will be that much sweeter once you make it

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted too. So disappointed, I really loved my visit. Does anyone know the policy of Letters of Intent?

I'm bummed about all the waitlist posts but don't lose hope, there are still a couple months to go in the cycle and anything can happen. Send in updates (I'm not sure the policy on a letter of interest/intent) and stay positive, I'm of the viewpoint that things will work out as they are supposed to/meant to and wherever you end up you have to make the most of that opportunity. If you have to re-apply address the weaknesses on your app and keep strong, if medicine is what you truly want stick with it and it will pay off. This is cliche but life isn't easy and by overcoming adversity and continuing to look forward you will become a better person from it and things will be that much sweeter once you make it

I would echo this - it took me 6 years, 3 applications, and 2 MCATs to get the 1 MD acceptance I have, but it was so worth it. And in a metaphysical sense, I feel like this version of myself in this reality in which it took me this long is much better equipped to serve others as a physician than the alternate version of myself in the alternate reality that would have made it in the first time. That won't help to hear right now (trust me, I know), but it may well prove true in time. Furthermore, certain experiences that you may have in the interim may be places "you were meant to be", if you believe in fate/destiny/God/what-have-you. That was certainly the case for me.

Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted too. So disappointed, I really loved my visit. Does anyone know the policy of Letters of Intent?

I just sent mine today. This isn't written anywhere officially, but the traditional wisdom is that, given the criteria:

1. You were waitlisted
2. This is definitely your number 1 pick

You can submit a letter stating:
1. These are the things about me/what I'm looking for and about your program that make me believe this program is the best fit for me
2. If accepted off the waitlist, I will definitely accept this offer over all other offers.

Simple as that. I just emailed mine as a Word Document, and they acknowledged its receipt.