2017-2018 University of Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
U of I Chicago here I come!!!

Officially withdrew from my other acceptance today. Can't wait to meet you all!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know when we will get our award packages? accepted mid january

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance!! Bittersweet but hope it goes to a much deserving person! Good luck everyone!

Nice! congrats dude :). Thought we were going to have to talk you down from declining your only MD acceptance like we did for that other kid haha

Ohhh no! Thank you though! I was lucky enough to have the tough decision of choosing.

Has anyone been contacted about scholarships? I know UIC does have a few merit scholarships that they give out every year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been contacted about scholarships? I know UIC does have a few merit scholarships that they give out every year.

They’ve either already been given out or they aren’t providing them anymore lol. I’ve given up on the prospect of a state scholarship (need or merit based).

you know this how?

Last year people had already received them by now and on their website they mention that the few scholarships they have are given upon admission. There's other scholarships that you have to apply for in the summer though.

Last year people had already received them by now and on their website they mention that the few scholarships they have are given upon admission. There's other scholarships that you have to apply for in the summer though.
got it. thank you

I received a merit scholarship last week and was told that there were ~35 people who received them. I ended up withdrawing but I’m guessing it’s all already been disbursed.

Just curious, but were you an out of state applicant?

I was IS LM 75 and received a merit scholarship last week but also ultimately withdrew. Good luck!

They called me on 4/26 letting me know I was selected for a partial scholarship. I believe they tried to contact all those people before the weekend, in order to help make a final decision if anyone was still on the fence about where they would be attending.

They called me on 4/26 letting me know I was selected for a partial scholarship. I believe they tried to contact all those people before the weekend, in order to help make a final decision if anyone was still on the fence about where they would be attending.
rip

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know where we can find a pre matriculation checklist?

Does anyone remember what the class size is in UIC-Chicago?

Does anyone know where to submit a deposit to hold a spot? It says on UIC's website that the deadline is April 30th but I didn't find any place on any of their portals to submit a payment?

Does anyone know where to submit a deposit to hold a spot? It says on UIC's website that the deadline is April 30th but I didn't find any place on any of their portals to submit a payment?
That's because they did away with the deposit this year. You don't have to pay anything to hold your spot!

Anybody knows how to submit my final transcripts/proof of graduation? Is it through amcas or what?

If we haven't taken any additional coursework since we submitted AMCAS, we don't have to send another transcript right?

If we haven't taken any additional coursework since we submitted AMCAS, we don't have to send another transcript right?

Unfortunately, you do. Apparently, AMCAS does not provide UIC with official transcripts, which they require before you start med school. I completed my masters May '17 and it was part of the AMCAS submission and have not taken a class since. Nevertheless, admissions advised me to send transcripts from my final undergrad institution (I went to a couple) and from my MS program directly to UIC admissions. You can call UIC Admissions to verify, but I asked about this on 5 separate occasions, because it seemed ludicrous to me. Each time I got the same answer, before matriculation we need to send transcripts from our final degree institution(s) to UIC directly. Additionally, there is no specific official address at the College of Medicine to send these too, so I ended up sending them too:

UIC Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161

tl;dr: you have to send your final degree transcripts to UIC directly before starting med school. I say "final degree transcripts" because I attended a couple of undergrads, and some community colleges; they told me to send the undergrad only from the school where I received my degree. Plus from my masters program.

Unfortunately, you do. Apparently, AMCAS does not provide UIC with official transcripts, which they require before you start med school. I completed my masters May '17 and it was part of the AMCAS submission and have not taken a class since. Nevertheless, admissions advised me to send transcripts from my final undergrad institution (I went to a couple) and from my MS program directly to UIC admissions. You can call UIC Admissions to verify, but I asked about this on 5 separate occasions, because it seemed ludicrous to me. Each time I got the same answer, before matriculation we need to send transcripts from our final degree institution(s) to UIC directly. Additionally, there is no specific official address at the College of Medicine to send these too, so I ended up sending them too:

UIC Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions
1200 West Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Chicago, IL 60607-7161

tl;dr: you have to send your final degree transcripts to UIC directly before starting med school. I say "final degree transcripts" because I attended a couple of undergrads, and some community colleges; they told me to send the undergrad only from the school where I received my degree. Plus from my masters program.
ugggggg. Thanks though

ugggggg. Thanks though

This was the address listed in the status update portal and where I sent my transcript to:

University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine Admissions
808 S. Wood Street, Room 165, M/C 783, Chicago, Illinois 60612

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the total cost of UIC over the 4 years including fees, I saw either 192K or 210K?

Does anyone know the total cost of UIC over the 4 years including fees, I saw either 192K or 210K?

Total cost of attendance for 4 years is around 293k (I don't remember the exact number).

How do you guys know about the transcript stuff? I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about needing to send transcripts. I would have no idea if I didn't read SDN...

How do you guys know about the transcript stuff? I don't remember seeing or hearing anything about needing to send transcripts. I would have no idea if I didn't read SDN...
If you log into the old portal there's a checklist

How does one withdraw? Email? And also I hope one of you great people get my spot in Chicago!!

Thanks!

Outside of sending our transcripts and uploading immunizations are there any other requirements ??

Any update on when we will know about the appeals for campus placement? Hopefully before June begins?

I contacted them at the end of april/early may and they said they couldn't do the appeals yet because they were waiting for students with multiple acceptances to make their decision so that they can have a better idea of how many seats there are. Is there a specific date that students with multiple acceptances have to make their decision by?

I contacted them at the end of april/early may and they said they couldn't do the appeals yet because they were waiting for students with multiple acceptances to make their decision so that they can have a better idea of how many seats there are. Is there a specific date that students with multiple acceptances have to make their decision by?

April 30

The CPR training - is that needed from incoming students or do we complete that during our M2? Also, does anyone know when immunizations are due? I saw Leila's email today about it being due on June 1, but that's the first I'm hearing of this deadline

The CPR training - is that needed from incoming students or do we complete that during our M2? Also, does anyone know when immunizations are due? I saw Leila's email today about it being due on June 1, but that's the first I'm hearing of this deadline
Yea, I'm also curious about this CPR requirement. I assume it's something we'll do during M1 or M2.