2017-2018 University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was curious if anyone knew what the acceptance percentage for In-state applicants is. I know the matriculation percentage for in-state but can not find anything about acceptance rates online

Members don't see this ad.

I am OOS and had my primary application submitted in late July, and never received a secondary. 3.98 with a 516.

I am OOS and had my primary application submitted in late July, and never received a secondary. 3.98 with a 516.
Out of state is brutal here. I’m so sorry. Don’t take it personally

Members don't see this ad :)
Any guesses on the acceptance percentage for OOS? Or for OOS that got an interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any connection to NE? It's really difficult if you have no ties to the school or state

My secondary portal still says that they are waiting on my letters of rec. I had my interview on 9/29 and all of the other schools I applied to have my LoR. Should I contact UNMC admissions?

My secondary portal still says that they are waiting on my letters of rec. I had my interview on 9/29 and all of the other schools I applied to have my LoR. Should I contact UNMC admissions?
All that means is they haven’t pulled them to put them in your file yet. It doesn’t mean they don’t have access to it.

Does anyone have an opinion on sending updates post-interview? Or how much they really matter?

Someone should start a Facebook group!

I know they usually meet once before Xmas. We’re almost there everyone :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
is it too late to add this schoool now? OOS, 512, 3.9

UNMC is notorious for their low OOS interview and acceptance rates but since your stats are higher than average, I guess it can't hurt to apply. Especially if you have research publications or some extraordinary ECs.

Best wishes!

Any acceptances been sent out yet? I know at my interview date they said it was unlikely we'd hear anything until January, but according to previous year's threads a lot of people heard in December.

Any acceptances been sent out yet? I know at my interview date they said it was unlikely we'd hear anything until January, but according to previous year's threads a lot of people heard in December.
I interviewed 9/29 and have not heard anything yet

I also interviewed on 9/29 and I haven’t heard anything. The portal still shows my LOR as waiting status and I don’t expect the committe to do much this month honestly.

I also interviewed on 9/29 and I haven’t heard anything. The portal still shows my LOR as waiting status and I don’t expect the committe to do much this month honestly.

They said during the interview that they do not send any acceptances out until after December. My portal also shows that they are waiting on my LoRs. From my understanding they just haven't gone in and pulled them.

Just got an acceptance email requesting a deposit! Interviewed 10/13, OOS, LM 73.8

Reactions: 1 users
UNMC sends acceptances via snail mail though...

Also got an acceptance and deposit email. OOS as well, but did research at UNMC.

Was told at my interview that if they really want you they'll send an acceptance before January but most will not hear until then when interviews conclude and they start reviewing everyones file

Was told at my interview that if they really want you they'll send an acceptance before January but most will not hear until then when interviews conclude and they start reviewing everyones file

#honored

UNMC sends acceptances via snail mail though...
They do both. Usually email then followed by a big packet with more information, even though at the interview they say they only send it through the actual mail.

My email said a packet should be in the mail or will be shortly. Checked the mail this morning and it was there. I got the email around 8:30 this morning.

Anyone know if they send rejections right away too or hold you until the end of the season?

They won’t wait until March to send all of the rejections. I’m a reapplicant and I interviewed in December last year and received the rejection in February

Now that people are starting to get accepted my anxiety is going to shoot through the roof! I am excited for everyone but now will be checking my email and mailbox CONSTANTLY. Sadly, they haven't even pulled my LoRs. Do they look at OOS first?

For those of you who got accepted today, did the secondary portal show that the letters of rec were still waiting or did that change?

For those of you who got accepted today, did the secondary portal show that the letters of rec were still waiting or did that change?

Mine says received, but I remember seeing it changed a while ago when I checked. I don't remember how long ago, though. Sorry!

Hope some of you will hear "Good News" this week :). Good luck to all the applicants!

It would be a great Christmas present :)

Hmm, I wonder if emails were only sent to OOS people?

You're correct. I'm IS and found out I was accepted this week. I have not received an email. So the letter is on its way. I'm trying to intercept it because it's being sent to my parents' house.

Will any IS people who receive their letters this week make a post about it? I'm trying to know when it'll come so I can check the mail before my parents.

You're correct. I'm IS and found out I was accepted this week. I have not received an email. So the letter is on its way. I'm trying to intercept it because it's being sent to my parents' house.
Wait, how do you know you got accepted if you didn't receive an email or get the letter yet haha?

Reactions: 3 users
Will people be sending their fall transcripts through AMCAS or just to the office of admissions email?

Just received an acceptance email as an IS student!

Reactions: 2 users
Letter came in the mail yesterday! Email this morning. :claps:

Got accepted!!!!!!!!! Found out via email during lunch at another interview lol. Definitely helped calm the interview nerves. IS.

EDIT: Interviewed on 10/13, stats in signature!

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got accepted today! Just curious, how long ago did your LOR's change from waiting to received?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted today! Just curious, how long ago did your LOR's change from waiting to received?
Mine probably changed about 1 month ago. Maybe less.

To the people getting accepted, would you be willing to share your interview dates and stats? Congrats!

Couple of things
1) Portal says my LORs have been received. Given that some people have reported their LORs have not been downloaded, should I consider this a good sign or not look too much into it?
2) How were we instructed to submit updates? I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was AMCAS format through admissions email address. Is that correct?
3) Someone's already asked it, but I haven't seen a response. Are folks submitting fall transcripts via AMCAS or include in update email?

Apologies for the neuroticism. It's break, so my mind has been wandering more than usual between episodes of Scrubs.