2017-2018 University of Nevada - Las Vegas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
waitlisted.

After all your complaints about the school, I would think you would want to go somewhere else. My guess is that you got rejected, not waitlisted, but are too embarrassed to admit it. I will happily re-apply next year.

What did they suggest?

I had feedback and found it to be helpful. I was given tips on how to improve my interview next year. This is my top school, so even though I got in elsewhere, after a lot of careful thought, I decided to re-apply here next year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had feedback and found it to be helpful. I was given tips on how to improve my interview next year. This is my top school, so even though I got in elsewhere, after a lot of careful thought, I decided to re-apply here next year.

I strongly believe this a great school but are you sure you want to give up a spot? A year is A LOT of time? I would strongly re-consider. I love UNLV and I'll vouch for them, but I'm not sure about skipping a year just to attend any school.

Reactions: 1 users
I strongly believe this a great school but are you sure you want to give up a spot? A year is A LOT of time? I would strongly re-consider. I love UNLV and I'll vouch for them, but I'm not sure about skipping a year just to attend any school.

I concur.

Additionally, I've read quite a bit that says schools will look down on students who gave up a spot to reapply to certain schools. It's kind of the "if you're not going to take those spots, don't apply to those spots in the first place" idea. I'd look into it before you decide for sure if you still can.

Reactions: 1 user
Additionally, I've read quite a bit that says schools will look down on students who gave up a spot to reapply to certain schools. It's kind of the "if you're not going to take those spots, don't apply to those spots in the first place" idea. I'd look into it before you decide for sure if you still can.

Just to add to what others have said, reapplying even with UNLV’s feedback doesn’t guarantee you a seat, so you might be waiting even longer than a year - what if you don’t get offered any seats next cycle?

Congrats on your other acceptance!

From the February interviews, how many were accepted? It seems As though there was barely any acceptances for those intervirweees

All of my family is here and it makes more sense financially to stay here. The extra year will give me more time to save up money.

All of my family is here and it makes more sense financially to stay here. The extra year will give me more time to save up money.
Don't forget to deduct the one year (at least bc you don't know you're getting in next cycle) loss of a physician's salary, for forgoing your admission, from your savings calculation. Each year you delay your start is year lost in future salary and a year less to pay your debt. Less time to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Las Vegas will very likely still exist in 4 years, so you can move back. Plus, I can't imagine it being very difficult to land a residency there.

That being said... you do you. To quote your enemy, Cobra Kai, "Strike First, Strike Fast, No Mercy!"

Reactions: 2 users
Any movement on the waitlist
received an email last Friday saying they aren't expecting there to be much more wait list movement and to make an appointment with Dr. Parrish to receive feedback

Exciting stuff! I'll be an M1 here in about three weeks and I'm happy to answer questions!

Do you know by any chance if medical students have an opportunity to rotate or get involved with the Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment? The website doesn't say much in the way of involvement from students.

When did people hear about financial aid and scholarship packages last year?