2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they finally going to reject those of us they haven’t sent secondaries to? Like maybe this Friday?


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I question whether this is accurate. They review 6000 applications and have time to notice the turnaround time? Not saying you're wrong... saying I doubt it matters
It's definitely possible that's true! I know other schools have explicitly stated they want it returned within a few weeks, and that it won't be considered (or will be considered much less seriously) if it's submitted outside that time frame. To my knowledge, Vanderbilt hasn't said anything concrete on the matter. However, I don't think it's an uncommon practice. While they may still review the application, I wouldn't be surprised if a multiple-month wait at least factored into their decision-making process when sending out IIs, particularly as we approach a later point in the process when they have fewer interview slots left to fill. Regarding your point about 6000 applications: while they receive over 6000 primaries, they send out under 2500 secondaries, so they're able to review them at least a little more closely.

Regardless, Lexington makes a more relevant and info-backed point below me, if that helps your decision at all!
 
Does anyone know if Vanderbilt accepts update letters pre-II? I can't seem to find any information about that anywhere.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those had interviewed, may i know what is the lead time for your interview, i.e. time difference between II sent date and interview slot?

Thanks.
 
I have a question for people who've already interviewed at Vanderbilt this cycle. When I interviewed there last month the director of admissions mentioned that we could send a letter of interest to the school if we wanted to, and she made it clear that this was different from the letter of intent that we would send after being waitlisted. Did anyone else have this mentioned at their interview, and if so, do you know how it's supposed to be different from a letter of intent in terms of content? I haven't heard this mentioned at any other schools and I don't really know how crucial it is or what I'm supposed to put in it.

And anyone else, are letters of interest sent after interviews and before decisions, or anytime before decisions including before interviews?
 
Does anyone have stats as to how many students at Vandy med come from Vandy UG?

In 2016, 28 were accepted out of 180 applicants. In 2015, 13/194 and 2014, 16/195. Not sure how many actually matriculated though (or if accepted=matriculated and even more were accepted, it's not clear)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
d1c9eacae6968ea4fb00470952927d41.jpg
 
Will they please send pre-secondary rejections today as well? I am obviously not going to get one, so I just want to cross them off my list at this point...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FINALLY got my pre-secondary rejection. I seriously thought that was never going to happen. I have enjoyed this time with vanderbilt, including the postcards and the 15 emails they sent asking me to apply. But, alas, I will not be joining the rest of you there.


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile