2017-2018 Vanderbilt University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn’t a week from today another round of II’s??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Didn't apply here and have gotten 10 emails...going to block them

Members don't see this ad :)
I have gotten 10 emails for no reason. I didn’t even apply here. This is annoying

I have gotten 10 emails for no reason. I didn’t even apply here. This is annoying
That is what diversity is about. Guys who didn't apply receive 20 emails in one day. Silence for the applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, I’m a current first year student at Vandy, and I have some news about the emails. I reached out to the admissions folks, and they told me that there was a glitch in the system that caused the emails to keep resending. They told me the issue should be resolved, but you may want to reach out to admissions if you are still receiving those emails. In the meantime, if you have any questions about VUSM, please shoot me a message!

Reactions: 4 users
I got 7 of the emails yesterday. I've already interviewed at Vandy. :eyebrow:

So like many people I didn't apply to Vandy but kept getting the emails saying to apply. I actually never really considered it because I'm from Michigan and want to stay in-state to keep tuition costs down but I thought what the hell and sent them my AMCAS. I received a secondary almost immediately, but from reading this thread it seems they pre-screen? Do most applicants receive the secondary?

I did not apply to Vandy MD and got a few emails too on Friday. I did apply their MSTP, so far no II yet. Does this indicate a rejection from their MSTP?

probably means u have to retake CASPR

Reactions: 1 users
For those that have interviewed did you ever receive the email containing a survey they wanted us to fill out about the interview day experience? Or was this done in paper after the interview day? Haha was exhausted after the day and can't remember.

rejected today, best of luck everyone

I'm sorry about the rejection. When did you submit your primary? It's been over two months for me, but I still haven't heard anything from Vandy, so I'm not feeling too confident about it at the moment. I'm just curious about the timing.

So like many people I didn't apply to Vandy but kept getting the emails saying to apply. I actually never really considered it because I'm from Michigan and want to stay in-state to keep tuition costs down but I thought what the hell and sent them my AMCAS. I received a secondary almost immediately, but from reading this thread it seems they pre-screen? Do most applicants receive the secondary?

I think in years past they had a more difficult screen, but I think the consensus is that this year it's a hybrid screen. That is, you'll receive a secondary almost automatically if your numbers are above some threshold (I don't know what), and if you're not, they'll look more closely at your app and decide whether or not to send you a secondary. FWIW, I also received a secondary within 5 hours of receiving their e-mail saying "Application Received (2018)."

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry about the rejection. When did you submit your primary? It's been over two months for me, but I still haven't heard anything from Vandy, so I'm not feeling too confident about it at the moment. I'm just curious about the timing.
Submitted primary on 6/1 and verified a little after that

Did anyone else get an email from here asking you to apply to contribute to the diversity of the school? I honestly don't see the point because I'm definitely not competitive enough for Vandy (LM 70 with an MCAT 3 points lower than their 10th percentile).

Did anyone else get an email from here asking you to apply to contribute to the diversity of the school? I honestly don't see the point because I'm definitely not competitive enough for Vandy (LM 70 with an MCAT 3 points lower than their 10th percentile).
They had a glitch in the system and sent tons and tons and tons of emails out to people applying and to people who didn’t apply.

They had a glitch in the system and sent tons and tons and tons of emails out to people applying and to people who didn’t apply.
I know they had a glitch because they sent me the same email 6 times.. but I think they intended to send me an email because they included my name in it and I do come from a background that would enhance the school's diversity.

I know they had a glitch because they sent me the same email 6 times.. but I think they intended to send me an email because they included my name in it and I do come from a background that would enhance the school's diversity.

They sent one to me (actually, seven), and I already applied in July and will not be adding anything in terms of easily discernible diversity. If you like the school you should certainly apply - they screen heavily so you won’t lose secondary fees unless they are interested in you. But I would take the email with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't have the clock symbol on my portal, does that mean anything?

I don't have the clock symbol on my portal, does that mean anything?
I do not know. I have the clock, and I always have. I think the threads are pretty inconclusive on what the presence of the clock does and does not mean

Congrats on the secondary! Mind sharing when you were verified?
So I decided to apply on 10/7. Got an email a few days later telling me that they had sent me a secondary on the same day, which surprised me. My LizzyM is 74 with a 515 MCAT, so I didn't think I would pass the auto screen. But anyway, actually got access on 10/11.

where did you find the information about when they send out the IIs?

Just looking at thread and talking to my friends (and from when my own II came), they seem to send IIs on Fridays (and it seems to be every other Friday)

Is it worth contacting Vandy admissions office since haven't heard back (was AMCAS verified 8/27) either way. Definitely wouldn't have met their automatic screen, but thought I had a solid app otherwise.
Or should I just be patient and play the waiting game?

Is there any chance they will send IIs today or is always every other week?

Where did you guys find the II notification schedule?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else get marked complete in very early August and not hear anything? Do they go chrono or is like the other schools where they have some weird system of review?

anyone else get marked complete in very early August and not hear anything? Do they go chrono or is like the other schools where they have some weird system of review?
I've been complete since mid July and still haven't heard anything

Does Vandy send post secondary rejections or do they generally do silent rejections?

I heard back after being complete mid-Sept (LM ~77) so don't think it is strictly chronological, sorry. Hope you hear good news soon.

Why do I feel like all pre-secondary rejections will come out tomorrow?

Why do I feel like all pre-secondary rejections will come out tomorrow?

Now that you've said that.... haha well let's hope for the best
Have they sent out rejections/do they send out pre-II rejections?