-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Vanderbilt University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Now that you've said that.... haha well let's hope for the best
Have they sent out rejections/do they send out pre-II rejections?
I’m not sure - I just remember reading last year’s thread and they sent a lot of pre-secondary rejections at the end of October.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
P
PurpleCow2016
did any one send in an update and receive a confirmation of the update? i haven't so I might contact them tomorrow to double check
I sent in an update but didn't get a confirmation email until a few days, or maybe it was a week, later!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you should. I sent an update via e-mail and they e-mailed me back confirming they (Christina) received it.did any one send in an update and receive a confirmation of the update? i haven't so I might contact them tomorrow to double check
Hey guys good and bad news. I looked at Vanderbilt’s previous thread and checked the date that corresponded to today. They did rejections and IIs
Well Christ. It’s about friggin timeHey guys good and bad news. I looked at Vanderbilt’s previous thread and checked the date that corresponded to today. They did rejections and IIs
Did anyone get a complete e mail from Vandy? I never did. My application has been stuck in the "you have successfully completed your secondary application" since the beginning of August but never been in the "Under Review " stage in the portal. Is this how you know your complete date i.e. when they posted on the portal that the secondary app has been completed...I'm not even sure what the date was on that but I assume soon after I submitted it! Should I email them to see what my current status actually is?
Did anyone get a complete e mail from Vandy? I never did. My application has been stuck in the "you have successfully completed your secondary application" since the beginning of August but never been in the "Under Review " stage in the portal. Is this how you know your complete date i.e. when they posted on the portal that the secondary app has been completed...I'm not even sure what the date was on that but I assume soon after I submitted it! Should I email them to see what my current status actually is?
Same issue here!
Some people have a clock symbol on their portal and get a "your application is under review " message when they hover over the under review tab.
NO I cannot hover over it. Is this the same for everyone who has not heard anything?Are you able to hover over Under Review? Mine is MSTP application, but I would assume it is the same.
Has anyone called about this?Same issue here!
Some people have a clock symbol on their portal and get a "your application is under review " message when they hover over the under review tab.
If you’ve been complete since August, then definitely call or email to inquire about your status. From what I understand, the clock symbol isn’t that important, but you should be able to see that your application is under review. If not, contact them to ask whether they are missing any materials just to be safe.NO I cannot hover over it. Is this the same for everyone who has not heard anything?
II normally go out mid afternoon
Out of neuroticism I called around September and prowled through Vandy threads from earlier threads and think that the clock under the “under review” tab doesn’t mean anything. Just another thing to help freak us out I guess!If anyone called the admissions office to ask about the under review tab, please let us know what they said.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!Out of neuroticism I called around September and prowled through Vandy threads from earlier threads and think that the clock under the “under review” tab doesn’t mean anything. Just another thing to help freak us out I guess!
My under review tab is not green and when I hover over it, I don't get any messages.
same.Thank you!
My under review tab is not green and when I hover over it, I don't get any messages.
I emailed them asking why I never went to "under review" from "we have received your secondary" and their response was: "We received your secondary application and letters of rec in late July, your application is currently being reviewed by the committee for interview invitation consideration"
So basically I think if you have the secondary received checkmark it means you're under review regardless of what the portal says
So basically I think if you have the secondary received checkmark it means you're under review regardless of what the portal says
Thanks to those who checked this! Had a mini freak-out this morning when I realized I hadn't even bothered to check if I was complete at Vandy.
Anyone heard from Vandy?
this is certainly going to be a long few hours!
Last edited:
anybody hear anything?
I guess we still have 30 minutes
Is it usually before 5?
Im guessing it’s not going to happen today
How does everyone know Vandy was supposed to give out IIs today?
II today!How does everyone know Vandy was supposed to give out IIs today?
Congrats! Complete date?II today!
Thanks! 8/2Congrats! Complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a II on Friday afternoon!!!! Complete 8/29. LM 71-73
Hello,
Does anyone know if Vanderbilt accepts updates? Still trying to get an II here...
Thank you!
I called and subsequently sent one as an email. I haven’t even gotten a secondary, yet, so I’m not sure how it applies to people who are complete.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you! To what email did you send them to?I called and subsequently sent one as an email. I haven’t even gotten a secondary, yet, so I’m not sure how it applies to people who are complete.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you! To what email did you send them to?
The general admissions email. Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks 🙂
Congratulations! Are you IS?I got a II on Friday afternoon!!!! Complete 8/29. LM 71-73
Yeah I'm ISCongratulations! Are you IS?
I have a question for people who've already interviewed at Vanderbilt this cycle. When I interviewed there last month the director of admissions mentioned that we could send a letter of interest to the school if we wanted to, and she made it clear that this was different from the letter of intent that we would send after being waitlisted. Did anyone else have this mentioned at their interview, and if so, do you know how it's supposed to be different from a letter of intent in terms of content? I haven't heard this mentioned at any other schools and I don't really know how crucial it is or what I'm supposed to put in it.
I remember a similar thing being said when I interviewed. As far as I understand, they should both explain your interest in the school, but one explicitly says you will attend if accepted. If I remember correctly they said that while letters of intent don't hold much weight until you are on the waitlist, letters of interest are welcomed whenever.I have a question for people who've already interviewed at Vanderbilt this cycle. When I interviewed there last month the director of admissions mentioned that we could send a letter of interest to the school if we wanted to, and she made it clear that this was different from the letter of intent that we would send after being waitlisted. Did anyone else have this mentioned at their interview, and if so, do you know how it's supposed to be different from a letter of intent in terms of content? I haven't heard this mentioned at any other schools and I don't really know how crucial it is or what I'm supposed to put in it.
I remember a similar thing being said when I interviewed. As far as I understand, they should both explain your interest in the school, but one explicitly says you will attend if accepted. If I remember correctly they said that while letters of intent don't hold much weight until you are on the waitlist, letters of interest are welcomed whenever.
So which one is supposed to explicitly say you will attend? Is that the letter of intent?
Yes, only send a letter of intent to a school if you will attend if accepted.So which one is supposed to explicitly say you will attend? Is that the letter of intent?
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
Doubt it's worth itToo late to apply here? 4.0 GPA, 514 MCAT. Worth a shot adding it to my primary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they done sending out secondaries?Doubt it's worth it
Too late to apply here? 4.0 GPA, 514 MCAT. Worth a shot adding it to my primary?
Similar question - received a secondary a few months ago. LizzyM ~80, worth still applying?
(I had put it off because this is my only autobiography secondary, and it just kept getting pushed off to do schoolwork or other things).
Submitting a secondary multiple months after receiving it doesn't look great, unfortunately. Typically 2-3 weeks is the maximum time frame you want to let them sit. Anything more than a month and the school might begin to question how much you actually want to go there.Similar question - received a secondary a few months ago. LizzyM ~80, worth still applying?
(I had put it off because this is my only autobiography secondary, and it just kept getting pushed off to do schoolwork or other things).
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
I question whether this is accurate. They review 6000 applications and have time to notice the turnaround time? Not saying you're wrong... saying I doubt it mattersSubmitting a secondary multiple months after receiving it doesn't look great, unfortunately. Typically 2-3 weeks is the maximum time frame you want to let them sit. Anything more than a month and the school might begin to question how much you actually want to go there.
Submitting a secondary multiple months after receiving it doesn't look great, unfortunately. Typically 2-3 weeks is the maximum time frame you want to let them sit. Anything more than a month and the school might begin to question how much you actually want to go there.
Director of admission told us at an info session that if you haven't submitted your secondary (or primary) by November, your chances are essentially zero, since they are rolling.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
