2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how to receive an II from here? I haven't heard back from them yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently waitlisted at this school- does anyone know if CMSRU accepts letters of intent? Any insight into how their waitlist works or how frequently its used would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was anyone who received an II recently able to snag the date for this Friday (2/22)? Only other date is March 8

Was anyone who received an II recently able to snag the date for this Friday (2/22)? Only other date is March 8
I didn't see the Feb 22nd when I was picking my date, only March 8th.

I didn't see the Feb 22nd when I was picking my date, only March 8th.
Okay I figured, I was trying to see if it was even possible for those of us who got II this week to pick that date. I have a major conflict with March 8 and was praying a spot opened up this week :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an idea of what cooper’s post-interview acceptance rate is like?

Any new invite or they closed their doors - I am feeling most med schools need to show more transparency, admission should be stress free and more transparent. Currently the system is fishy.

Reactions: 3 users
After a rough two years of applying, I finally received my first acceptance call this morning. I truly hope that the same good fortune finds all of you.

Complete early December, II late January, IA last week. LM ~69. Traditional app, OOS.

Reactions: 10 users
Is this school done with sending IIs? Has anyone gotten one recently ever since someone received one on 2/19? Not sure if no response = silent rejection, but it'd be great to know!

I just got an R e-mail at 5:00 am today :/ During the interview day, they said they would either send out immediate acceptances or placd you on hold for further evaluation. Didn't realize they were sending out rejections. I am crushed.

I just got an R e-mail at 5:00 am today :/ During the interview day, they said they would either send out immediate acceptances or placd you on hold for further evaluation. Didn't realize they were sending out rejections. I am crushed.

I’m sorry to hear that :(

I'm sorry to hear that :(
Do you have any idea why they didn't accept you?

quick question for those accepted/current students (i can always ask financial aid but wondering if anyone here knows first): is that institutional scholarship essay for need-based financial aid also used for merit aid determination?

any tips for interview day? i have mine tomorrow!
Be a professional version of yourself! Enjoy the day; you've earned it; that said, the interview is to further your dreams, so while you enjoy your day, be sure to try and accomplish what you want.

Be yourself! And always explain why here? Cooper really wants students that know what they're getting into, etc. Be passionate about working around here, and as a part of this community.

*All with a grain of salt, ultimately, it's up to you!

See you tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
Any people on this thread for sure attending in the fall? Would be great to drum up some excitement for Cooper Class of '23!

Are folks going to second look day? Does Cooper have a gym? Where are people living? Excited to meet future classmates!

Any people on this thread for sure attending in the fall? Would be great to drum up some excitement for Cooper Class of '23!

Are folks going to second look day? Does Cooper have a gym? Where are people living? Excited to meet future classmates!
Woo!

We sort of have a gym and small cardio room. No free weights (but a heavy bag which is clutch ). If y'all are interested in the Jersey side, I got a place y'all can look into if you're interested. All utilities included! PM me if needed, even for anything! I think I'm done here until next year unless explicitly called tagged, so if you have any questions, etc., PM me!

does anyone know when decisions go out today? i woke up with anxiety lol

Just got the call this morning. First MD acceptance!!! and I interviewed last Friday. They told me I was the very last one to receive an II for that day. SO EXCITED!!! Congrats to everyone else!!

Reactions: 4 users
100% match rate this year including matches in neuro surg, ENT, optho, ortho, interventional radiologist, vasc surg, urology

Reactions: 5 users