2018-2019 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone who didn't get accepted last thursday from the Jan 11th interview day hear anything since?

Members don't see this ad.

is there still hope to get an II? or !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@

Reactions: 2 users
How'd interviews go boss?

The school was so impressive! Loved talking to the current students and everyone tried to reduce the stress level. For any current students, how often do you use the SIM center? It seemed like a great resource.

Also, cannot find the emails of my interviewers online. Planning on sending a note to the admissions office to ask and forward. Does that sound ok - or is there any public-facing website with emails.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The school was so impressive! Loved talking to the current students and everyone tried to reduce the stress level. For any current students, how often do you use the SIM center? It seemed like a great resource.

Also, cannot find the emails of my interviewers online. Planning on sending a note to the admissions office to ask and forward. Does that sound ok - or is there any public-facing website with emails.
Hey there,

Provided you make up a small group together and sign-up for a slot (so they can bring in SPs for you), technically as many times as you could possibly want.

In terms of emails, look up CMSRU faculty.

Glad it went well!

Hey there,

Provided you make up a small group together and sign-up for a slot (so they can bring in SPs for you), technically as many times as you could possibly want.

In terms of emails, look up CMSRU faculty.

Glad it went well!
In terms of people who aren't outright faculty, you could probably send it to admissions. Or try hard to google them lmao

In terms of people who aren't outright faculty, you could probably send it to admissions. Or try hard to google them lmao

They could probably send it to kocher. I’m sure he would forward it along to the interviewers

Reactions: 1 users
Was anyone else lowkey freaked out at the interview because the interviewers had their score sheets out in front of them LOL (great school, great people tho)

Was anyone else lowkey freaked out at the interview because the interviewers had their score sheets out in front of them LOL (great school, great people tho)

ME! I tried to not look because I didn't want the interviewers to think I was looking + stress. I've helped with interview scoring and recruitment for open positions at my job but it feels so weird to be at the other side of the score sheet.

Complete since mid September and haven’t heard anything from this school since. LM 65
Is there still a chance for Cooper?

Complete since mid September and haven’t heard anything from this school since. LM 65
Is there still a chance for Cooper?

IS or OS? I definitely think there is still a chance! I heard most of their first year class interviewed pretty late in the cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!!! I'm at work so I couldn't answer but I'm guessing they only call for accepts???

damn when do we think phone calls stop? cuz they said we would know if we got in on Thursday at my interview on 1/25 and I got no call so rip I guess.

Accepted! Just got a call (it was very nerve-wracking). Best of luck to those waiting to hear back!

what time did you get the call! and when did you II? congrats btw!! if you didn't pick up how do you know your call was from Cooper!
thank you!!!! :) about 10:15 am, and interviewed last fri. He left a voicemail and I read the transcription hahaha

Hey guys! I was just wondering if there was a facebook page for accepted students and when the accepted students day would be. Thanks!

Priority waitlist today. Interviewed 1/25. Here's to hoping everyone!!

does anyone know if people on the regular waitlist generally get accepted off of it? or are acceptances only off of priority

OOS. Complete 8/30. "Still in Review" email 11/13. II received 12/11. Interviewed 1/11. Acceptance call 1/17 @ ~9:00am

Loved the school, great vibes with supportive staff and happy students. Brand new facilities. Leading the pack in terms of where I'll be attending this fall. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
when will the II stop going out? any idea, waiting badly with cross fingers. Anyone recently got II?

Completed my application late August and got an email that my application was under review November/December but haven’t heard since. Anyone else??

For anyone who interviewed, are there still seats left in the current class or are people getting waitlisted?? Interviewing this Friday...

For anyone who got waitlisted/accepted, congrats! Any advice?? What would you have done better if given the chance?

For anyone who interviewed, are there still seats left in the current class or are people getting waitlisted?? Interviewing this Friday...

For anyone who got waitlisted/accepted, congrats! Any advice?? What would you have done better if given the chance?
Just be yourself; a professional, clean, and confident self. Be humble, yet excited to interview here (no arrogance)!

Good luck, and see you on Friday!

Just be yourself; a professional, clean, and confident self. Be humble, yet excited to interview here (no arrogance)!

Good luck, and see you on Friday!

Thanks! Appreciate your advice...CMSRU is my top choice school as an in-state applicant and I hope to ace it. Guess I'm feeling some of the pre-interview jitters haha

does the waitlist email specify "high priority" vs regular waitlist?

does the waitlist email specify "high priority" vs regular waitlist?

Copied everything but my name LOL.

“We would like to update you on the status of your application to Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU). In keeping with our policy of rolling admissions, candidates are accepted for admission on an on-going basis from October, 2018 through April, 2019. The 2019 application cycle has been incredibly competitive and we would like to reassure you that you are a very strong candidate, whose experiences and academic achievements resonate with the CMSRU mission. At this time, based on the decision of the Admissions Committee, you have been placed on our Priority Waitlist for acceptance. Historically, a significant percentage of students initially placed on the waitlist have been ultimately accepted to CMSRU. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience during this period and we appreciate your continued interest in CMSRU. Candidates accepted from the waitlist will be notified of their status change immediately, and this process most often occurs in the spring. We hope to be able to provide you with more definitive information as early as possible.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions at this time.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Cooper Medical School of Rowan University”

Is cooper receptive to preinterview updates? Is it ok to email a letter of continuing interest/update?

Accepted this morning, interviewed on 2/8. Everyone at this school was absolutely incredible throughout the application process

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted this morning as well! Also interviewed 2/8. OOS NY. Loved everything about this school.

Just received an II! Complete on 8/1. IS, 507 MCAT, 3.8 cGPA.