2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Question on this secondary question: What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application.

Would it be weird and off-topic if I mention that I value fitness and teamwork? I know it doesnt have anything to do with new experience but those two traits are important to who I am.

Yeah, I think taking any opportunity to show how you are unique, and your ability to reflect on your activities is a good thing. I chose to write about my sheepdog training experience in this space, which is something that wasn't on my primary app, but shows something unique about me and how I learn from that experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please post the secondary prompts and tag Lucca so s/he can include them on the first post in this thread? Thank you!

Here are the prompts:

"If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation." (no word limit)

Optional:
"What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application." 200 words

@Lucca

Reactions: 2 users
I wish I had enough money for travel and photography to be my hobbies lol
many of my travel adventures have been adventures within my neighboring states! :)

Would it weird to connect to the Clubs offered at the school? I am interested in joining the athletics club but I dont want to oversell it
I really think whatever you write should be about YOU! You are given the chance to ask questions and tell the interviewer what attracts you to the school during the interview... with that being said, it might seem as oversell if you try to connect those unique hobbies/qualities about yourself to the school. BUT once again, u can use this space to write about whatever you want (so, if you really wanted to connect your hobbies to the school, go ahead) Really, just use this section to write about you and your interests that haven't been highlighted anywhere else on your application!

Anyone else still waiting for a secondary?

I am still haven't received this secondary. Is anybody still waiting for this for regular MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what date we enter on the "CASPer Test" tab on their portal? Do we enter today's date (it looks like we're signing and dating this page) or do we enter the date we took CASPer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Does anyone know what date we enter on the "CASPer Test" tab on their portal? Do we enter today's date (it looks like we're signing and dating this page) or do we enter the date we took CASPer?

I entered today’s date. I didn’t even consider that we were supposed to enter the Casper date lol

ENTER CASPER DATE! Called office yesterday twice to reconfirm and reconfirm what to enter. They said to enter date you took or will be taking the CASPer!

ENTER CASPER DATE! Called office yesterday twice to reconfirm and reconfirm what to enter. They said to enter date you took or will be taking the CASPer!

Whoops too late...

I already took the test so hopefully they'll just have my scores and everything will be fine

Same issue here! Hoping they understand the confusion. I'm sure we aren't the only ones.

I just looked back at my application and there doesn't seem to be any indication that the date entered needs to be the date we took CASPer. So I'm sure we will be just fine!

Is anyone having trouble with paying Drexel's Secondary Application fee? I've tried to pay, twice, with a visa CC and it is still not letting me proceed with submission... I'm unsure of what to do. I've already sent an email, but I assume I'll have to wait until Monday before I get an answer.

For the question, "Has your education to date been continuous?" does that mean did you take a leave of absence during undergrad or is it referring to a gap year? I am taking two gaps years, but since there is also the question "If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. I was assuming that the continuous question was referring to a stop DURING undergrad. Does this seem correct?

For the question, "Has your education to date been continuous?" does that mean did you take a leave of absence during undergrad or is it referring to a gap year? I am taking two gaps years, but since there is also the question "If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. I was assuming that the continuous question was referring to a stop DURING undergrad. Does this seem correct?

That's how I was thinking about it, I think that makes sense

That’s how I answered it

Yeah I think they just wanna see gaps in undergrad. I think if they asked about gap year they would say something along the lines of "will your undergraduate and medical education be continuous?" Im sure you're fine. I left it blank and then only answered the gap year question

Reactions: 1 users
LOL i actually had the same question and I just got off the phone with the admissions office and they said they were looking for gaps in your undergrad

Anyone having the same issue as me?

On the status page, there is a green check next to Application Submitted, Fee Paid Status, Letter of References, MCAT complete, but for some reason on the last line there is a red mark next to Application Complete and next to it it says "Application has not been submitted.".

Anyone having the same issue as me?

On the status page, there is a green check next to Application Submitted, Fee Paid Status, Letter of References, MCAT complete, but for some reason on the last line there is a red mark next to Application Complete and next to it it says "Application has not been submitted.".

Have you taken CASPer and has your score been processed? If not, that’s probably why.

Have you taken CASPer and has your score been processed? If not, that’s probably why.

I took it June 21st, so I guess not? I heard it takes around 3 weeks.

I took it June 21st, so I guess not? I heard it takes around 3 weeks.
I took the CASPer on the same date, and some of my secondaries say that the test has been received, yet my account page on the CASPer website still says "pending results" I got an email about a week ago saying that my test was "complete" so I'm not exactly sure if schools have my results or not. Anyone have a similar experience?

Has anyone else had difficulty submitting the secondary application while using the AAMC FAP?
It still shows the full cost of the secondary application for me.

Can someone explain the first question to me? "f you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation."
Because it says if you are a recent graduate, however, I have not graduated yet so I'm not sure how this question makes sense for those of us that are going into our senior year of undergrad?

Can someone explain the first question to me? "f you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation."
Because it says if you are a recent graduate, however, I have not graduated yet so I'm not sure how this question makes sense for those of us that are going into our senior year of undergrad?
Can you leave it blank without an error message? You could probably put N/A

This might sound silly but under the academic history tab when it asks if your education has been continuous up until this point, is that just asking if you have every taken any break while in school (not including a gap year)? That was what I was understanding since it asks in the essays what you have been up to since graduation..

You haven't graduated- this essay isn't for you. Don't fill it out. You're overthinking this! :)

Is anyone using the second question as a "Why This School" essay?
I was using it as a diversity essay. Cause it asks what we think Drexel should know about us, so I just talked about an aspect of my personality/hobby that wasn't mentioned on AMCAS.

I still haven't received a secondary from Drexel, do you all think I should try calling admissions?

I still haven't received a secondary from Drexel, do you all think I should try calling admissions?
I got verified yesterday and got secondary today. Is it possible you didn't apply to their program via AMCAS? Check spam too. It surprises me that it takes this long because as far as I know they don't screen.

I also haven't received a secondary yet. Not sure why. I was verified on the first day possible, and I double checked that the email wasn't in my spam and that I definitely applied via AMCAS. Should I contact them about this?

It wouldn't hurt to call or email and ask. Just tell them you want to make sure you're not missing something. I did that with a school and they ended up not having processed my application.

For the recent graduate question... I graduated a few years ago. Should I still answer it and write what I've been doing since? I've had a few jobs!

I just got verified today and got my secondary (yay!). I'm on this page, and the block clearly says "date of signature." That indicates today's date, definitely not the date of the CASPer. Did the wording change since when you guys did it?

I just got verified today and got my secondary (yay!). I'm on this page, and the block clearly says "date of signature." That indicates today's date, definitely not the date of the CASPer. Did the wording change since when you guys did it?
Mine says "Date of Signature" so I dated today...

IIRC it originally just said "date"!

has anyone received an email saying your file is complete after submitting the secondary. I took the July 8th casper but I have not received a "file complete" email yet. Some of the other schools who required casper have already received my scores though, so kind of strange.