2018-2019 Drexel University

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys how long did it take to get a “complete” email? I took CASPer 7/8 and my results were delivered. My portal says my application is complete and ready but I haven’t gotten an email or anything yet. Thanks 🙂
+1. My portal says the same, but I also didn't receive a complete email. I think it's fine and wouldn't worry about it!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got put on hold today. 3.99/516 (LM 75). I didn't write any of the essays so maybe that was it? Probably should have showed more interest in the school. RIP.
It could be your CASPer too, but idk. You could get one next batch.
 
Just got put on hold today. 3.99/516 (LM 75). I didn't write any of the essays so maybe that was it? Probably should have showed more interest in the school. RIP.
Wait why? They were pretty generic prompts that at least 5 other schools also require. It could’ve only helped you man.

I also didn’t realize that they were optional
 
Since I'm a trad, I didn't do the first essay, and the second essay was "Please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you". But it had optional in its header. I usually opt to not do those prompts because it is not true that they can "only help you". I view those prompts as a place to put important updates or things that you think would greatly sway the school in your favor. If you just put a fluff piece in there, like my generic diversity prompt, I dont think it would have done much. If they wanted a diversity or adversity prompt, they would have asked for one imo. I have also seen across SDN that they can indeed hurt you if there is just space filler in there and the person looking over your app is basically reading BS that they could have known from your app. I can see how it could have disadvantaged me at Drexel though, since they get like 11k apps and it is important to try and diversify yourself, but I didn't really have anything super important that was not already on my application.
Yeah I really don't think not writing the optional prompt hurt you. I don't mean any offense but with your stats and Drexel's volume of applicants/average #s I think it's more likely that they're just trying to give first round IIs to applicants that better fit their class profile, or are more likely to have Drexel as a top choice/ only choice. I'm sure you'll have better luck as the cycle goes on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What happens if you send more than 4 letters? I have a red exclamation point next to "letter of references" on portal. Not sure why as they all have been delivered.
 
What happens if you send more than 4 letters? I have a red exclamation point next to "letter of references" on portal. Not sure why as they all have been delivered.
I have a letter packet of 5 letters, so they can either take nine or take 5. If you can manually choose, definitely abide by their preferences, if not, it’s out of your control.
 
I submitted my secondary 7/22 but haven't received a complete email yet? Wondering if I should call or just wait? It seems like people that submitted 7/5 are getting their secondaries looked at so maybe they're back logged
 
Where exactly does it say we can submit 4 letter of recommendation on the website. I know that MSAR says upto 4 letters but I can't find that info in the Drexel website.

Is it for sure upto 4 letters?
 
So does our CASPER results have to be in for the schools to begin reviewing our app, or does the test just have to have been scheduled and completed?
 
The secondary itself says "Please don't send more than 3."
Ugh, then they're totally sending mixed info. On their site it says: "Yes. We will accept additional letters. They should be sent to us through the AMCAS Letters Service and, whenever possible, should reference your AMCAS ID number," in the FAQ section.
 
Ugh, then they're totally sending mixed info. On their site it says: "Yes. We will accept additional letters. They should be sent to us through the AMCAS Letters Service and, whenever possible, should reference your AMCAS ID number," in the FAQ section.
Yeah I sent more than 3 before I saw it. I think they should be lenient, because of the mixed messages..we'll see.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
App placed on hold yesterday. OOS verified 7/7. Anyone know what the chances are like for people put on hold pre interview?
 
Does anyone know how long it takes them to reply back to e-mail? I sent one Monday and haven't heard anything back, I know it's only Thursday but usually most schools reply back within 48 hours it seems.
 
Does anyone know how long it takes them to reply back to e-mail? I sent one Monday and haven't heard anything back, I know it's only Thursday but usually most schools reply back within 48 hours it seems.
I sent them an email yesterday afternoon and they responded to me this morning.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if drexel screens? I was verified 7/18 and still haven't gotten an email about a secondary.
 
Does anyone know if drexel screens? I was verified 7/18 and still haven't gotten an email about a secondary.
I would maybe call them? I’m pretty sure they don’t screen, and I was verified this weekend and have already received it.
 
Does anyone have experience with Drexel LOR's? Based on their website, 2 science and 1 non-science teaching faculty appear to be a steadfast rule. I lack the non-science letter and getting one is not an option as a non-trad. Do they make exceptions? Should I save my money here?
Did you ever get an answer for this?