2018-2019 Drexel University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone received an email saying your file is complete after submitting the secondary. I took the July 8th casper but I have not received a "file complete" email yet. Some of the other schools who required casper have already received my scores though, so kind of strange.
I haven't received a file complete email, although on the portal I have a file complete 'update' sent at 4 AM this morning lol.

It begins with "We are pleased to inform you that your application to Drexel University College of Medicine is now complete. If you indicated that you are taking a future MCAT exam, your file will be held until the scores are received. ..... "

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone comment on the format of the curriculum (organ/systems based?

has anyone received an email saying your file is complete after submitting the secondary. I took the July 8th casper but I have not received a "file complete" email yet. Some of the other schools who required casper have already received my scores though, so kind of strange.
Yes. I took Casper in early June and had scores already sent pre-verification. Drexel sent the complete email as soon as I submitted the secondary.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much did people write for question 1? Were all activities in your AMCAS?

Got verified last week of June. No secondary received yet. OOS

Reactions: 1 user
What does being placed on hold mean?
It means different things for different schools, but for the vast majority (including Drexel), it's a soft reject. I got put on hold last year too and didn't hear back from them ever again.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who were put on hold, when did you take the Casper test?

It means different things for different schools, but for the vast majority (including Drexel), it's a soft reject. I got put on hold last year too and didn't hear back from them ever again.
Ahh I see, thanks for the clarification!

Just got an email; Application on hold for further review. :( Took CASPer June 2nd

Portal also updated. Received and submitted secondary July 5th. In-state applicant.

Dang I submitted on the 5th as well, wonder if I'm gonna hear back from them soon

y'all I musta been misguided or stupid. when I submitted my application via AMCAS I attached 5 LORs. Noticing that their LOR page on the secondary says PLEASE do not submit more than 4. am I in trouble??

y'all I musta been misguided or stupid. when I submitted my application via AMCAS I attached 5 LORs. Noticing that their LOR page on the secondary says PLEASE do not submit more than 4. am I in trouble??
Does that include a committee letter? I don’t know how they classify that. My committee letter has 5 letters plus I’m sending 2 more so lol I hope they don’t mind

I attached 6 LORs, so RIP. When I was researching LOR requirements on their website I didn't see any maximum number so I just went ahead and send all of mine :( so we're in the same boat lol

Anyone submit without filling out the optional essay? I’d include my diversity essay but it’d be hard to cut it to 200 words.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I took it early June

Treat your secondaries with the same neuroticism as your primaries. I would strongly advise against skipping any optional prompts. Drexel is already inundated by applications, so give it your best shot to stick out.

Treat your secondaries with the same neuroticism as your primaries. I would strongly advise against skipping any optional prompts. Drexel is already inundated by applications, so give it your best shot to stick out.
I skipped the optional last year and got an II so I would say to only put something if its actually important.

Reactions: 1 users
...not true.

It literally means they're putting you aside to review your file later. You may not be a strong enough applicant to get accepted right off the bat, but they will review your file once they offer II/acceptances to the stronger applicants and get to your calibre of applicant. Myself and many others were put on hold pre or post interview last year and then accepted.

The neuroticism is strong with this thread already this year. :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
Placed on hold this morning. Is this a soft rejection?

On my portal, it says application submitted 7/8/2018 with a green check next to it, but a little farther down there is an exclamation mark next to application complete and it says application not submitted. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it because I took my CASPER on 7/8 and the results aren't in yet? There is nothing on the application mentioning this but maybe that's why...?

On my portal, it says application submitted 7/8/2018 with a green check next to it, but a little farther down there is an exclamation mark next to application complete and it says application not submitted. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it because I took my CASPER on 7/8 and the results aren't in yet? There is nothing on the application mentioning this but maybe that's why...?
That's probably why. I checked the portal a day or two after my CASPER results were reported and I got the green check mark and a notification that my file was complete.

That's probably why. I checked the portal a day or two after my CASPER results were reported and I got the green check mark and a notification that my file was complete.
Okay, cool, thanks!

Did you get a notification your Casper results were in from either Drexel or Casper?

Did you get a notification your Casper results were in from either Drexel or Casper?
I had my casper scores sent before secondaries went out. As soon as I submitted my secondary, I received a complete email saying my application was complete.

If you guys didn't get your secondary yet, I would def call. Apparently they sent me one on Jul 5 and Jul 21, but I just didn't get any of them from my end.

yes i asked the admissions and they said it wont be marked as complete until casper gets there. i also took it that day and it says it takes 3 weeks so it should be there around next sunday!

does "preprofessional committee letter" equal a pre-med letter packet by my school? or should I select the "compilation of letters from school letter service"?

Hey guys how long did it take to get a “complete” email? I took CASPer 7/8 and my results were delivered. My portal says my application is complete and ready but I haven’t gotten an email or anything yet. Thanks :)

Hey guys how long did it take to get a “complete” email? I took CASPer 7/8 and my results were delivered. My portal says my application is complete and ready but I haven’t gotten an email or anything yet. Thanks :)
I got mine immediately after submitting my secondary.

Just got an email; Application on hold for further review. :( Took CASPer June 2nd
I am so sorry.... do you mind me asking, what are your stats? I took my CASPer on july 8th, and the results were just released to them. Now, seeing all of you guys being placed on hold, I am freaking out.

Reactions: 1 users
Did I just miss it, or have none of these people who stated they got the secondary shared the questions?

Did I just miss it, or have none of these people who stated they got the secondary shared the questions?
The first question was basically if you’re a recent graduate, what have you been doing/plan on doing in your gap. The second question is optional and is a generic “anything else you want us to know” type of question. Hope this helps!

The first question was basically if you’re a recent graduate, what have you been doing/plan on doing in your gap. The second question is optional and is a generic “anything else you want us to know” type of question. Hope this helps!
and the word limit is 200 words i believe!