2018-2019 Florida International University

Started by fa21212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else having trouble logging into FIU admissions website? The link to my secondary application won't work and even the general admissions.medicine.fiu.edu link does not load. It's been working for me until today so wondering if it's a system glitch

Yep, same for me.

My app status went from secondary app complete to pending review

When did you submit and marked complete?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have the status “Final Review Completed”? Not sure if this is a good or bad sign...
Have you had an interview here yet? Or just post secondary so far? Ive heard of preliminary review complete but final review complete is a new one. Maybe different this year?
 
Mine still says "Secondary Application Complete" and submitted on 7/31. How long has it taken people to get a prelim review?
 
Have you had an interview here yet? Or just post secondary so far? Ive heard of preliminary review complete but final review complete is a new one. Maybe different this year?

No interview yet. I had preliminary review completed a couple weeks ago and now final review. It’s weird that no one else on previous threads have mentioned this status.
 
I'm so excited for you guys!!! I am an M1 here and I love our family atmosphere. Literally everyone is willing to help each other out and its a lot but its manageable and they have amazing support services. If you have any specific questions feel free to reach out to me! But don't be sad if I don't reply right away, I am not on here much. 10/10 would recommend applying
 
No interview yet. I had preliminary review completed a couple weeks ago and now final review. It’s weird that no one else on previous threads have mentioned this status.
The way i see it: most people dont check their status everyday. Maybe it does go from prelim to final review, and earlier in the cycle prelim to final was quick and they didnt notice it but now it takes longer? I dunno its just my guess
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No interview yet. I had preliminary review completed a couple weeks ago and now final review. It’s weird that no one else on previous threads have mentioned this status.
I have the same status and I didn’t see it on last years thread so I am assuming it’s a rejection
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No interview yet. I had preliminary review completed a couple weeks ago and now final review. It’s weird that no one else on previous threads have mentioned this status.
Mine now says "Final Review Complete." No word on an interview invite.

Submitted 7/4/18. Pending Review 8/28/18. Final Review Complete 9/11/18.
 
For anyone that has interviewed, do you know if decisions are released on october 15th or just during that week in general? I thought it was ambiguous when they spoke about it on my interview day and wanted to know if anyone had a concrete answer.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted mine 7/22 and my status still says "Secondary Application Complete" 🙁 is anyone else still seeing this who submitted their application late july? Should I check to make sure nothing is missing?
 
I submitted mine 7/22 and my status still says "Secondary Application Complete" 🙁 is anyone else still seeing this who submitted their application late july? Should I check to make sure nothing is missing?
Same for me and submitted slightly earlier. Hang in there, I'm sure they will review us soon!
 
Secondary application completed on 7/16..Status still just says "Secondary application completed" ..Does this mean they haven't even started reviewing me?
 
Secondary application completed on 7/16..Status still just says "Secondary application completed" ..Does this mean they haven't even started reviewing me?
No one knows for sure. The next step is preliminary review complete and then Final review or interview