2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Next wave for the good news is either 11/7 or 11/9 since the admission committee doesn't meet this week
Does this mean IIs or just acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Where'd you get all this info?

Adm meet bi-weekly (First and Third week)
From last year's thread, it seems the acceptances/CC/Rejections are sent out bi-weekly on usually Tu or Th. It could be the case this year too.

Oct 15-19 = notifications for those interviewed Aug and early-Mid Sep (Acceptances opening week, releasing decisions made by adm earlier to this week )

Oct 22-26 = Notification for those interviewed Late Sep - Early Oct

Oct 29- Nov 2nd = No post II notifications

Assuming/Hoping Nov 5-9 = Notification for those interviewed Sep + Oct

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be to late to apply here with a 498 MCAT and 3.8 cgpa?

Honestly, I think so. By now they've already received thousands upon thousands of applications. I'm also assuming you mean complete the secondary ,since the primary application deadline has passed at most allopathic med schools including this one

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know what dates they are scheduling interviews?

Silence since completion in August:thinking:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Officially begun my 8th week after interview...
I would not worry about it. Loyola does a very hollistic review, so it will probably take a lot longer than other schools. :)

Been complete since the first week of july and nothing yettttt

Did anyone hear back today? Nabers told us during our interview in early October that they’d be calling people on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month

Nabers mentioned to our group to expect a decision around Nov 15 so if you hear nothing by the end of the week, I’d call in and ask.

Nabers mentioned to our group to expect a decision around Nov 15 so if you hear nothing by the end of the week, I’d call in and ask.

I've had silence since my interview on the end of September :|

put on continued consideration mid october - any chance of getting off that in november or will I probably be waiting until April?

If you have had silence, I would consider waiting this week out and then calling about your status. Chances are you might be on the continued consideration list.

put on continued consideration mid october - any chance of getting off that in november or will I probably be waiting until April?
Did you have to call to figure out you were under continued review or did your portal change?

Just got the call for acceptance-- interviewed in late September. If you interviewed around then and still haven't hear back, don't lose hope! Wishing you all the best :')

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the call for acceptance-- interviewed in late September. If you interviewed around then and still haven't hear back, don't lose hope! Wishing you all the best :')
Congrats!! Does it show any change on your portal yet?

First med school acceptance!!! SO excited to have received the call today :)

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!! Does it show any change on your portal yet?
Thank you :)
There's a change in my portal-- few things to fill out prior to matriculation and a congratulations on the main page!

Got the acceptance call today--my first one! Interviewed 10/23. Feel very lucky.

Reactions: 5 users

I interviewed 10/30. Haven’t heard back yet, I missed part of Naber’s presentstion because my interview went over. How long should we wait until we contact them asking for an update? Who do we contact and Do they get annoyed if we ask?

I interviewed 10/30. Haven’t heard back yet, I missed part of Naber’s presentstion because my interview went over. How long should we wait until we contact them asking for an update? Who do we contact and Do they get annoyed if we ask?

I would wait until Nov 30 for you or early December before calling.

Acceptance call today! Very excited! I was surprised because I thought I would hear on a Tuesday, not a Thursday. Interviewed mid October.

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance call today!! Finally!! Interviewed 9/18! Can't be more happy now oh my god!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
To those accepted (especially Early October and September) did you submit updates?