2018-2019 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who interviewed what hotel or places do you recommend staying?

Members don't see this ad.

Holiday Inn Express and Suites was good and had a free shuttle you could reserve to pick you up from airport and also to go to Stritch in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Agree with @manifestqueen. The shuttle was really convenient (not to mention saves you a lot of money)

Members don't see this ad :)
Holiday Inn Express and Suites was good and had a free shuttle you could reserve to pick you up from airport and also to go to Stritch in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is that one of the hotels loyola recommended from the file they attached with the interview conf?

I stayed with a student host. You save money and also get an inside scoop about the school. That being said, it's not the comfiest sleeping arrangement (couch?). I stayed at the holiday inn express during second look weekend, i think it cost $90 a night, but they also have free shuttle to/from airport and loyola.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody who has been completed since early sept. heard back from the adcom for II?

Reactions: 1 users
for those who have already interviewed with loyola, what was the adcom trying to learn more about from you? I feel like the secondary for this school was pretty thorough to find our fit for their school that I'm not sure what more they would like to know more about me except to meet and talk with me in person lol am i overthinking this? LOL

for those who have already interviewed with loyola, what was the adcom trying to learn more about from you? I feel like the secondary for this school was pretty thorough to find our fit for their school that I'm not sure what more they would like to know more about me except to meet and talk with me in person lol am i overthinking this? LOL

No you’re not overthinking, that’s a pretty good question... Unless we’re both overthinking

No you’re not overthinking, that’s a pretty good question... Unless we’re both overthinking
It really was just an opportunity to get to know you. My interview focused a lot on my passions outside of medicine and opportunities that interested me at Loyola.

hey y'all, for update letters, did you just email the admissions office?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked, and it is not available :( I interviewed pretty recently too
I had the same issue. I called the admissions office, and they said that it's probably because at least one of your interviewers has not submitted their evaluation to your file. Once they do that, your file will officially be "complete", and you'll be able to submit an update.

I had the same issue. I called the admissions office, and they said that it's probably because at least one of your interviewers has not submitted their evaluation to your file. Once they do that, your file will officially be "complete", and you'll be able to submit an update.
So I actually already sent in my update to the email of the admissions... Do you think that's ok?

So I actually already sent in my update to the email of the admissions... Do you think that's ok?

I would wait until your portal is ready and then upload the same update to there. Your email might get lost in the hundreds of emails they get to the general admissions email. If you upload in the portal, then it's guaranteed to be in your file when the committee meets.

Did you see an acceptance update on your portal before your call by any chance?

I got the call before checking my portal. Right after the call, I looked at my portal and saw the acceptance.

My interview experience was great, but I can't speak for everyone. Personally, the faculty interviewer asked me about almost everything in my app. We even talked about family and hobbies. Also generic interview questions. So I guess just be prepared for anything, especially with the school's mission in mind.

Also better to overthink than underthink, I always say! (but no you're not haha)

Reactions: 2 users
Just checked my portal, says I am on continued consideration although I didn't receive an email about it. Interviewed in November.

Just checked my portal, says I am on continued consideration although I didn't receive an email about it. Interviewed in November.

Where does it say that? I interviewed in November as well but all I see is a space to upload documents.

Has anyone with a pre-interview continued consideration/re-review received an interview?

Continued Consideration is a status post-interview.

Yes, but there is also a similar status pre-interview.

"Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

I've had this status since October.

"Your file has been initially reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. Your file will be held for further review later in the cycle. The review process is continuous from now until the conclusion of our interview season in February. If you wish to update your file, please do so within your portal. Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine."

When did you submit secondary?

Dang. Ive been complete since 8/1 and have nothing still.

I've been complete since 7/12. No status updates of any sort. Y they take so long?

Reactions: 4 users
I've been complete since 7/12. No status updates of any sort. Y they take so long?

Complete since mid aug. Older threads show they historically take a long time.
... "holistic review"

My application was complete 8/14 and I still haven't heard a thing... is it worth sending an update pre II?

My application was complete 8/14 and I still haven't heard a thing... is it worth sending an update pre II?
+1 I don't see why not. I sent in a recent update for an accepted manuscript.

+1 I don't see why not. I sent in a recent update for an accepted manuscript.
+2 I sent one about a promotion at volunteering and new work (research) projects. No hold or anything since 8/1 so who knows

II just now, complete mid/late-August. Wasn't confident I would get one because I submitted my secondary after 4 weeks! Psyched to see this school.

Reactions: 5 users
They said that their last interviews are in February. After this, they start reviewing all the applicants and re-reviewing for the rest of the cycle
I'm not sure what you mean by they start reviewing and re-reviewing? Isn't that what they're doing right now

For those who interviewed on 11/27, when do you think we will hear back?

For those who interviewed on 11/27, when do you think we will hear back?
Probably after the holidays, unless you’re super lucky. I doubt that adcom will meet twice this month like usual, but that’s just my assumption.

Probably after the holidays, unless you’re super lucky. I doubt that adcom will meet twice this month like usual, but that’s just my assumption.
I would love if it was before the holidays, but we'll probably hear in January, you're right :/

Two interviews with each being about 30 minutes? Looking at past threads seems like they asked a lot of ethical questions...was this the case for most students that interviewed there or was it generally application oriented style questions. Most people are saying it's a very relaxed interview, I am trying to calm my nerves...but i think it's because I'm so excited.

Two interviews with each being about 30 minutes? Looking at past threads seems like they asked a lot of ethical questions...was this the case for most students that interviewed there or was it generally application oriented style questions. Most people are saying it's a very relaxed interview, I am trying to calm my nerves...but i think it's because I'm so excited.

Disclaimer: n=1

My interview was indeed very relaxed. The conversation was informed by my application, but it had the feeling more of a personal conversation about my passions, ideals, dreams, etc. He steered a lot of questions toward my "story"--how I've grown, changed, adapted, blah blah. I got one or two pre-arranged questions, but they were fun ones.

The only ethical-style questions I got were those that came up organically throughout the course of the conversation (e.g. if I mentioned I was driven toward medicine mostly by idealism, he'd ask something like "how does a physician keep from losing her idealistic spirit throughout her career?"--that sort of thing). There weren't any canned "What would you do in X situation" kind of questions.

100% I came away with the feeling that when they say they're looking for "fit", they really mean it. The theme of the conversation was essentially, "how has your life prepared you to serve others." It was a really positive experience for me--I hope the same for you!

Guys sorry if it's dumb but if you have multiple updates to submit do you submit one document per update separately or do you send all updates in one document? I'm just in a dilemma right now :/ but thanks in advance!

Guys sorry if it's dumb but if you have multiple updates to submit do you submit one document per update separately or do you send all updates in one document? I'm just in a dilemma right now :/ but thanks in advance!
I would say put it on one document so it's nice and concise and theyre not overwhelmed with all these diff documents

Disclaimer: n=1

My interview was indeed very relaxed. The conversation was informed by my application, but it had the feeling more of a personal conversation about my passions, ideals, dreams, etc. He steered a lot of questions toward my "story"--how I've grown, changed, adapted, blah blah. I got one or two pre-arranged questions, but they were fun ones.

The only ethical-style questions I got were those that came up organically throughout the course of the conversation (e.g. if I mentioned I was driven toward medicine mostly by idealism, he'd ask something like "how does a physician keep from losing her idealistic spirit throughout her career?"--that sort of thing). There weren't any canned "What would you do in X situation" kind of questions.

100% I came away with the feeling that when they say they're looking for "fit", they really mean it. The theme of the conversation was essentially, "how has your life prepared you to serve others." It was a really positive experience for me--I hope the same for you!

This response is spot on for my interview as well! It was service focused and relaxed. You will have a great day! :)