2018-2019 Meharry Medical College

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please post the secondary questions once you receive them. Check last year's thread in the 2017-2018 SSD forum for last year's questions, they tend to not change very much from year to year.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Meharry Medical College School of Medicine
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was curious about some insight into the school, the programs, student body, etc.. It has relatively low average GPA and MCAT scores compared to other MD programs. I seem to only be able to find information about it on SDN forums from 2003-20014, so I was looking for some current advice or knowledge about it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was curious about some insight into the school, the programs, student body, etc.. It has relatively low average GPA and MCAT scores compared to other MD programs. I seem to only be able to find information about it on SDN forums from 2003-20014, so I was looking for some current advice or knowledge about it.
stop trolling
 
I took my MCAT in July last year and was accepted to Meharry. I did submit my application earlier than July (so it was verified before my MCAT was released). I also submitted my secondary ASAP after receiving it. Good luck! Everyone was nice and I really liked my interviews.

Congrats!! That's awesome. Did you decide to attend there? May I send you a PM?
 
^Also having the same problem, will likely be resolved within a few days. Nothing to worry about
 
Secondary received also! Can anyone post the essays please. I don't want to click the link to start my secondary yet until I'm ready to submit since they only want it started once.
 
Secondary received also! Can anyone post the essays please. I don't want to click the link to start my secondary yet until I'm ready to submit since they only want it started once.
No one has access to the essays yet as far as I know.

Also, you don't have to complete it in one sitting. From the CollegeNet email:
"Multi-session Form Completion

Since ApplyWeb lets you save your data, you don't have
to complete a form in one sitting or from the same
computer. You can start the form from this computer,
work on the next section a week later from the library,
counselor's office or elsewhere."
 
Just received my MCAT score. To be honest, it was pretty disappointing (498). I know the MCAT score Meharry takes isn't super high, but my score makes me doubt if i am currently a good fit for Med school. Since I already submitted my primary application, do you guys think I should continue with the secondary application (if I get one) or should I wait for next year's cycle since I will reset and retake the exam early next year to make sure I am super prepared this time? Someone please private message me to give me some advice...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received my MCAT score. To be honest, it was pretty disappointing (498). I know the MCAT score Meharry takes isn't super high, but my score makes me doubt if i am currently a good fit for Med school. Since I already submitted my primary application, do you guys think I should continue with the secondary application (if I get one) or should I wait for next year's cycle since I will reset and retake the exam early next year to make sure I am super prepared this time? Someone please private message me to give me some advice...
Apply, you are right on target for their stats. Just write killer essays which shouldn't be too hard if Meharry's secondary essays are the same two from last year.
 
Out of curiosity, does anyone have the MSAR data for Meharry. I keep hearing that Meharry takes lower stats, but so far, I don’t know anyone who has gotten an interview with a MCAT below 503
 
I added this school on to my AMCAS on 7/16. Haven't heard anything back since the confirmation email. Should I take this as a rejection or are they still working out the secondary portal? KY resident, MCAT 506/cGPA 3.87
 
I added this school on to my AMCAS on 7/16. Haven't heard anything back since the confirmation email. Should I take this as a rejection or are they still working out the secondary portal? KY resident, MCAT 506/cGPA 3.87

They're still working on the portal I think or at least haven't sent out the new link. Don't take anything as a rejection yet it is still really early in the game.
 
Hey guys, I emailed admissions and they said:

Please excuse the previous email containing the secondary application. Secondary applications will be accessible after August 1, 2018.

Which is today! yay!
I'm assuming they'll send an email when they get the portal working
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received the new link to the secondary, and it works! 🙂You have to record a video interview though. 😎 I'll have to do that tomorrow...

Good luck all!
 
Just received secondary. I’m so confused about video interview. Screaming
 
Whats the general though on the video interview? Think it would be better to discuss informally or off a written script?
 
Anyone having trouble with the video interview part of the secondary? My audio keeps going in and out, no matter how loud I speak.
Had the same problem. Make sure your input volume is turned up and ambient noise reduction is turned off. I'm on a mac and it solved the issue for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the video supposed to be about? I just got the link but I’m not ready to start. I have never heard of a video interview for secondaries.
 
What is the video supposed to be about? I just got the link but I’m not ready to start. I have never heard of a video interview for secondaries.

Discuss your knowledge of what it means to "serve the underserved," your passion for medicine and why you want to specifically attend Meharry Medical College.