2018-2019 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received! OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone with an II! Odd question, but hoping those who got an interview would entertain me: For the how did you hear about osteopathic medicine question, did yall write full detailed paragraphs?

Reactions: 1 user
II today as well! Got two in two days!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with an II! Odd question, but hoping those who got an interview would entertain me: For the how did you hear about osteopathic medicine question, did yall write full detailed paragraphs?
Yes! I wrote about how a lot of students from my undergrad (including my boyfriend) go to nova. I talked about how I saw them practicing OPP on each other. Then I talked more about my experience with osteopathic physicians.

Hope this helped!

for those that interviews, what day was your secondary complete? Mine was complete/processed on 6/20, and I haven't heard anything. Just wanted to know!

Congratulations to those who got IIs! Looks like they came earlier than "2 weeks from now" like they said on the phone. ;)

Congratulations to those who got IIs! Looks like they came earlier than "2 weeks from now" like they said on the phone. ;)
lol they told me 4-6 when they called me Monday.

Yes, full paragraphs

Yeah I talked about seeing some of the NSU DO students present on osteopathic medicine and show some OMT, and then talked about shadowing a DO

for those that interviews, what day was your secondary complete? Mine was complete/processed on 6/20, and I haven't heard anything. Just wanted to know!

I submitted the secondary on 6/28 but they didn't get my mcat until 7/6

I only wrote like 1 paragraph

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha well oops. For some reason I didn’t even think to answer it as an essay, and just wrote a single sentence. Thanks for replying everyone!!

Would any of you with II be willing to give your stats

II yesterday with everyone else. submitted secondary on 06/25 and complete on 06/27

Last edited:
For those with II, in addition to your email, was there a status change on the portal as well?

I emailed them and they emailed back later the same day and waived it so I could submit without paying. I would email again or call.
So I've emailed them a few times and have called them a few times as well. My calls just keep getting transferred to different departments and no one has replied to me emails. What email address did you email them at?

Called me today to let me know they will review my app when LORs are in and mentioned they require all 4.
1 MD/DO
2 Science
1 non-science
I was hoping to get by with 1 DO 1 MD 2science and a clinical letter but looks like ill be scrambling for a non-science letter...

Secondary submitted today! Does anybody know if this school gives preference to Florida residents ?

Secondary submitted today! Does anybody know if this school gives preference to Florida residents ?
Last data I have is from 2015 and it said about 60% IS matriculants, but a lot could have changed since then

has anyone gotten an email saying to print a page out sign it and mail it in after submitting a secondary?

If you got a complete and under-review call back in late June, how long realistically could it take to hear back?

has anyone gotten an email saying to print a page out sign it and mail it in after submitting a secondary?

If you miss some affirmation page during the secondary or something I think you get this. I remember something like that on NSU’s thread for years. (Current rising 2nd year, applied 2 years ago, didn’t miss the affirmation... hence the fogginess.)