2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

No secondary's yet?

Nope, last year it was in early august

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited for this one, my DO letter is class of 90. Seems like a really great school!

Has anyone received KCU? I don't even see a 2018-2019 thread for them yet...

Did anyone receive a secondary?

my friend said the admin is busy for some reason or other lol I also have friends from last year that said they do everything laaaaaate.

Reactions: 1 user
Didnt they just have last minute leadership changes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary! :D

When I get off of work. I can tell you right now by reading the directions it looks like a mess compared to how well organized others are.

I live 15 min from touro nevada and I can tell you it’s not a traditional campus by any means... lol w

Is it THAT bad? Or is it just not a fancy college?
The best way to describe is like office space or commercial offices that were converted to a med school lol their board scores on the COME UP tho

I'm more about function than fancy. If its comfortable and has good AC then who cares. If its run down then that might be annoying.

I'm more concerned with function. If its nice inside and the AC works then I'm cool. If its run down the idk...
Now that I'm going through the secondary its not so bad.

I'm more concerned with function. If its nice inside and the AC works then I'm cool. If its run down the idk...
Now that I'm going through the secondary its not so bad.
oh no, im sure the AC works... facilities in las vegas have to have AC that's not even a question lol its getting to 115 this week

LOL They want the address and phone number for my mother and fathers job....

Reactions: 1 users
is it basically just repeated information from the primary?

Exactly the same, maybe a little more info about my parents employment. I'm 30 years old so its strange to me besides the education and job type questions.

Secondary for me too!

Reactions: 1 users
do i use a new account for touro nevada if i already have a pin for touro cali?

edit: nevermind i actually read the email and its there clear as day...

secondary! it looks like there are no essays? jsut rehashing primary info

do i use a new account for touro nevada if i already have a pin for touro cali?

edit: nevermind i actually read the email and its there clear as day...

How do you create a new account with the same pin?

in the email it states regardless, you need to create a new account and ignore the warning message of already having an account on file.

in the email it states regardless, you need to create a new account and ignore the warning message of already having an account on file.

Thank you! For some reason, I didn't see the "create account" option before.

Is anyone writing essays for the questions about employment/volunteer/shadowing history etc. or just listing it out like a resume? Based on the formatting of the pdf version of the application it doesn't seem like they're looking for 1000 character essays and I'm not in the mood to write them anyway lol

Is anyone writing essays for the questions about employment/volunteer/shadowing history etc. or just listing it out like a resume? Based on the formatting of the pdf version of the application it doesn't seem like they're looking for 1000 character essays and I'm not in the mood to write them anyway lol
Im just copying and pasting from resume lol

For the health professions section, are you guys strictly putting just shadowing experience? For example, I work as a medical scribe so should I put that under employment or health professions or both? I also volunteered at a clinic, so Im not sure whether to put that under volunteer experience or health professions

For the health professions section, are you guys strictly putting just shadowing experience? For example, I work as a medical scribe so should I put that under employment or health professions or both? I also volunteered at a clinic, so Im not sure whether to put that under volunteer experience or health professions
It says healthcare work too so that would count. I work as a counselor and am putting that down for both

Do they screen a lot for secondaries!?

Yes. Admissions resent me the exact same rejection they already sent on Friday. Yeah, I get it. I don’t get a secondary. :laugh: (FYI cGPA was just under minimum, but sGPA and MCAT were above minimum).

Yes. Admissions resent me the exact same rejection they already sent on Friday. Yeah, I get it. I don’t get a secondary. :laugh: (FYI cGPA was just under minimum, but sGPA and MCAT were above minimum).
it's because they want you to do their master's program

Sorry to hear that! Whats the cut off?

How long has it been taking people to receive the complete e-mail after submitting their secondary?

For the supplemental questions, did everyone else just list their award, experiences, etc. Or are we supposed to be writing in creative language

Hi! I have my interviews set up at AT Still, AZCOM Midwest and working on 2 more...
Question: Are these considered early or on time? When do most of the DO schools respond to set up interviews, generally speaking...
Thank you

This school is one of my top choices! Hopefully they will send out II soon!

For the supplemental questions, did everyone else just list their award, experiences, etc. Or are we supposed to be writing in creative language

I had the same question too. The admission office emailed me back saying that all formats work so I think you should use your best judgement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.