-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)
Started by chizledfrmstone
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
only DO secondary that I have not received yet...
2018-2019 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City)Has anyone received KCU? I don't even see a 2018-2019 thread for them yet...
try that
That's why I was searching "KCU" that's how almost every other schools is listed. Thanks so much.
nope lol
my friend said the admin is busy for some reason or other lol I also have friends from last year that said they do everything laaaaaate.
volleybren10
Full Member
Could you post the questions please?Secondary! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I live 15 min from touro nevada and I can tell you it’s not a traditional campus by any means... lol w
Is it THAT bad? Or is it just not a fancy college?I live 15 min from touro nevada and I can tell you it’s not a traditional campus by any means... lol w
The best way to describe is like office space or commercial offices that were converted to a med school lol their board scores on the COME UP thoIs it THAT bad? Or is it just not a fancy college?
oh no, im sure the AC works... facilities in las vegas have to have AC that's not even a question lol its getting to 115 this weekI'm more concerned with function. If its nice inside and the AC works then I'm cool. If its run down the idk...
Now that I'm going through the secondary its not so bad.
is it basically just repeated information from the primary?
secondary! it looks like there are no essays? jsut rehashing primary info
do i use a new account for touro nevada if i already have a pin for touro cali?
edit: nevermind i actually read the email and its there clear as day...
How do you create a new account with the same pin?
in the email it states regardless, you need to create a new account and ignore the warning message of already having an account on file.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
in the email it states regardless, you need to create a new account and ignore the warning message of already having an account on file.
Thank you! For some reason, I didn't see the "create account" option before.
Is anyone writing essays for the questions about employment/volunteer/shadowing history etc. or just listing it out like a resume? Based on the formatting of the pdf version of the application it doesn't seem like they're looking for 1000 character essays and I'm not in the mood to write them anyway lol
Im just copying and pasting from resume lolIs anyone writing essays for the questions about employment/volunteer/shadowing history etc. or just listing it out like a resume? Based on the formatting of the pdf version of the application it doesn't seem like they're looking for 1000 character essays and I'm not in the mood to write them anyway lol
Do they screen a lot for secondaries!?
i think they do like a stat screenDo they screen a lot for secondaries!?
Agree with this.i think they do like a stat screen
Thoracic Cheeto
New Member
Same. I was confused that there were no additional questions.
secondary! it looks like there are no essays? jsut rehashing primary info
For the health professions section, are you guys strictly putting just shadowing experience? For example, I work as a medical scribe so should I put that under employment or health professions or both? I also volunteered at a clinic, so Im not sure whether to put that under volunteer experience or health professions
D
deleted926959
It says healthcare work too so that would count. I work as a counselor and am putting that down for bothFor the health professions section, are you guys strictly putting just shadowing experience? For example, I work as a medical scribe so should I put that under employment or health professions or both? I also volunteered at a clinic, so Im not sure whether to put that under volunteer experience or health professions
Do they screen a lot for secondaries!?
Yes. Admissions resent me the exact same rejection they already sent on Friday. Yeah, I get it. I don’t get a secondary.
(FYI cGPA was just under minimum, but sGPA and MCAT were above minimum).it's because they want you to do their master's programYes. Admissions resent me the exact same rejection they already sent on Friday. Yeah, I get it. I don’t get a secondary.(FYI cGPA was just under minimum, but sGPA and MCAT were above minimum).
Sorry to hear that! Whats the cut off?Yes. Admissions resent me the exact same rejection they already sent on Friday. Yeah, I get it. I don’t get a secondary.(FYI cGPA was just under minimum, but sGPA and MCAT were above minimum).
Thanks. 3.0 minimum for cumulative and science GPA. 500 MCAT.Sorry to hear that! Whats the cut off?
For the supplemental questions, did everyone else just list their award, experiences, etc. Or are we supposed to be writing in creative language
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This school is one of my top choices! Hopefully they will send out II soon!
Never lose hope! we just cannot afford to as future docs!This school is one of my top choices! Hopefully, they will send out II soon!
For the supplemental questions, did everyone else just list their award, experiences, etc. Or are we supposed to be writing in creative language
I had the same question too. The admission office emailed me back saying that all formats work so I think you should use your best judgement. 🙂
Nice people!I had the same question too. The admission office emailed me back saying that all formats work so I think you should use your best judgement. 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 300
- Views
- 57K
- Replies
- 318
- Views
- 76K
- Replies
- 226
- Views
- 65K
- Replies
- 438
- Views
- 94K
- Replies
- 282
- Views
- 68K