2018-2019 Touro University (Henderson, Nevada)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone gets pulled in the next couple of weeks and needs a place to live, we still have a bedroom and private bath open in the home we’re renting. Feel free to private message me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone gets pulled in the next couple of weeks and needs a place to live, we still have a bedroom and private bath open in the home we’re renting. Feel free to private message me.
Thank you, @Khyrst !! Hopefully there’s some waitlist movement these following weeks.

Thank you, @Khyrst !! Hopefully there’s some wait-list movement these following weeks.
You're welcome, and there should be some movement. There's typically a bit of a scramble the last few weeks prior to the start of the semester. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Anyone looking for a room, there are 2 super awesome second year guys looking for a 3rd roomie. We’re less than a mile from school at Spur, rent would be about $570/month plus utilities. Pm me if interested, and good luck to everyone!

I received an email asking "are you still interested in being considered for Touro University Nevada?" Did anyone else receive this email?

I received an email asking "are you still interested in being considered for Touro University Nevada?" Did anyone else receive this email?
Hi! I received this email back in February.

Greetings Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in our Occupational Therapy Doctorate program. We are yet accepting applications to attend our final interview sessions. We invite you to finish your OTCAS application verification process to be considered for a campus interview. Please feel free to contact me should you have additional questions or concerns.

Question: Does Touro University reqiure students to submit GRE scores?

Hey All. Just wanted to let you know one of my friend just got off the waitlist. She interviewed back in April.
Don't lose hope! Movement is slowly trickling in. Best of luck to those waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 3 users
I GOT IN!! So excited! For all of you still waiting, don’t give up hope! Could someone please DM me a link to the Facebook group?

Reactions: 6 users
I guess that’s it for waitlist; the orientation is on Monday. Or does it go through 7/29 and the start of classes?

I wonder how many and when the standby seats were given...?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist is still active until monday so as far as I know the standby list still hasn't been sent.
That’s what I’m curious about because the standby list was for that special invite to orientation and orientation started but then the waitlist is active until classes start.

That’s what I’m curious about because the standby list was for that special invite to orientation and orientation started but then the waitlist is active until classes start.
The standby list was created from the waitlist and started towards the beginning of July. People had been accepted (offered seats due to students withdrawing) from the standby list leading up to the day of orientation. They don't have a separate waitlist that they acept students from, the school accepts off the standby list once it has been created. The remainder of the standby list (or the top so many students on the ranked list) were invited to orientation, and if accepted students dropped out or didn't show up the first day, they were given the seat. If not, the standby students that attended day one, were offered a seat for next year. I apologize, but orientation is mandatory to enter the class.... Based off of previous years, I don't believe Touro is extending further acceptances for the start of classes Monday. If they were, those seats would be offered to the ranked standby students.

Anyone know when the Standby list went out?
The standby list was created earlier this month. Students were accepted from this list leading up to orientation and students were added to the standby list from the waitlist, as needed.

I threw in the towel 7/19 based off your logic @Khyrst Trying to get reapplication in as early as I can. I’m terrified to get stuck in waitlist purgatory again this cycle.

Just context for anybody looking at old threads, the end-of-cycle/waitlist email was sent on 7/29/19

" ...we received more than three thousand applications, and interviewed approximately five hundred candidates for only one hundred and sixty-eight seats."

highly competitive indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.