2018-2019 University of Nebraska

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back yet
OOS here with fairly good stats and good ties but I've heard nothing. If previous years hold true, people SHOULD be hearing back this week (Tuesday and Thursday). This year seems odd though so who knows?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS here also waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got my letter in the mail! OOS, interviewed 9/29! I am so excited. Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! There was no email or portal update - just a letter packet. A couple of my friends have mentioned getting emails. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in how they do it.

Accepted! IS, LM 70, interviewed late October. I received the deposit email, have not received my packet in the mail yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to all who received accepatace to UNMC college of Medicine:claps::claps::claps:!

Accepted 1/18, IS with LM 68.9. Interviewed 9/28. Received an email, but no packet in the mail yet! I LOVED UNMC during the interview day, so this is exciting!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! OS, received letter 1/24, letter dated 1/18. Still, haven't received an email, how do I put down a deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Made an account to say, got the Post-II Rejection today. OOS, interviewed on 10/26. Loved the campus and thought the interview went well. Oh well! Best of luck to everyone still in the hunt

Ahhh, thank you all so much for keeping us updated! I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate news. :( Hoping y'all receive or have received better news from another school! Best of luck to you guys!!

And congratulations to those who have been accepted to UNMC!

I'm not sure if there's any order on how they review individuals, but it seems like they have been going over applicants from October or prior to that. I interviewed in Nov, so if there is an order, I'm guessing I should be hearing soon (which I'll let you guys know if I do). :grumpy::sick::scared:

In the meantime, let's keep this thread rollingggggggg

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

I’ve been anxiously checking my mailbox almost ~daily haha

Are there any current students who can comment on what it's like as a student at UNMC? I've heard from a current student that it's competitive due to students being ranked in the class, but I was wondering what other students think.

ACCEPTED!!!! Just got the email for my deposit. letter has not come yet! This is the happiest day of my entire life!

Reactions: 4 users
Do you mind posting your stats? This is my dream school, and last one I'm in the running for. My MCAT is pretty weak (505) but my GPA is good (3.82). I have a lot of ECs. I'm just wondering the stats of people who have already gotten admitted. I'm hoping so badly for an acceptance here!!

When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking
Do you mind posting your stats? This is my dream school, and last one I'm in the running for. My MCAT is pretty weak (505) but my GPA is good (3.82). I have a lot of ECs. I'm just wondering the stats of people who have already gotten admitted. I'm hoping so badly for an acceptance here!!
For sure! I interviewed 10/15. My stats are as follows: 3.8 GPA, 508 MCAT. Pretty decent EC's such as 100 clinic volunteer hours, 75 hours of shadowing, 100+ volunteer hours that were not medical related. I did research for 4 years and was published as a co-author on one of the research publications. This is my third time applying to UNMC, I was rejected the past two times for low mcat scores that were below 505. I have take the MCAT a total of 4 times with an upwards trend. I think what really pushed me over the edge to an acceptance was the fact that they can see how hard I worked to improve my MCAT score and that I refused to give up just because I was rejected twice. I think that pretty much sums up all the info about my app but if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask!

Also I know two people with pretty much the exact same stats that you have and they are both still waiting for an answer so hold tight! I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Also I know two people with pretty much the exact same stats that you have and they are both still waiting for an answer so hold tight! I'm sure you'll hear soon!
I have stayed off this site for this very reason. Its so easy to start getting negative. That's good to hear, I'm super hopeful!

For sure! I interviewed 10/15. My stats are as follows: 3.8 GPA, 508 MCAT. Pretty decent EC's such as 100 clinic volunteer hours, 75 hours of shadowing, 100+ volunteer hours that were not medical related. I did research for 4 years and was published as a co-author on one of the research publications. This is my third time applying to UNMC, I was rejected the past two times for low mcat scores that were below 505. I have take the MCAT a total of 4 times with an upwards trend. I think what really pushed me over the edge to an acceptance was the fact that they can see how hard I worked to improve my MCAT score and that I refused to give up just because I was rejected twice. I think that pretty much sums up all the info about my app but if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask!

Wow good for you! That is so awesome. I have similar ECs as well, and interviewed 10/15. Hoping for the best. Congratulations!

I wonder if they are reviewing applications according to interview date, or if there are other factors?

I wonder if they are reviewing applications according to interview date, or if there are other factors?
I was told numerous times by admissions that the interview date doesn't correspond to when your app comes up for review. It doesn't matter if you interviewed the first date or the last. And I can almost attest to this because the past two years I interviewed the first date available and never heard until mid March. I'm 99% sure they review apps in order of how strong the applicants application is.

I was told numerous times by admissions that the interview date doesn't correspond to when your app comes up for review. It doesn't matter if you interviewed the first date or the last. And I can almost attest to this because the past two years I interviewed the first date available and never heard until mid March. I'm 99% sure they review apps in order of how strong the applicants application is.
So basically my ever growing anxiety about not hearing back yet is totally justified!! Haha.

I think they might be going based on interview date? I got my acceptance in the mail yesterday and I interviewed 10/22!

I believe they accept applicants based on order of competitiveness.

Here to provide evidence against the "applications are reviewed based on interview date" theory:

I interviewed 11/9, received my acceptance letter 1/31 (letter addressed with date 1/25), and got deposit/financial aid emails about 24 hrs later.

MCAT 509, GPA 3.96. IS & ORM Reapplicant (stuck on bottom half of waitlist last year). Unique work/activities but an average amount of hrs. The interview went great. To those still waiting, plenty of good news left to be shared during the next few months so keep the faith and treat your brain with optimism!

Here to provide evidence against the "applications are reviewed based on interview date" theory:

I interviewed 11/9, received my acceptance letter 1/31 (letter addressed with date 1/25), and got deposit/financial aid emails about 24 hrs later.

MCAT 509, GPA 3.96. IS & ORM Reapplicant (stuck on bottom half of waitlist last year). Unique work/activities but an average amount of hrs. The interview went great. To those still waiting, plenty of good news left to be shared during the next few months so keep the faith and treat your brain with optimism!
I interview 10/15 with an MCAT score of 508 and GPA of 3.8. Received my acceptance email 2/1 and the letter came two days later. They definitely do not review based on interview date!

Yeah, that does make more sense that they review applications based off of our stats than interview dates. Especially, since my interview was mid-November and I have yet to hear back. I remember them telling us it was random but that's a little too hard to believe when looking at the patterns of those accepted vs my scores lol

Anyone feeling bold/proactive enough to start a facebook group (assuming one doesn't exist already)? Or willing to help me get the wheels in motion?

Anyone feeling bold/proactive enough to start a facebook group (assuming one doesn't exist already)? Or willing to help me get the wheels in motion?
I was just about to ask if anyone knew if there was one started yet

Just received my UNMC log-in info for e-mail and records.

haha i looked for it, I don't think one has been started.
I'd hold off on starting one for now! Usually the current M1s will create the page for you. I would try to wait until mid-March as that's when we go on spring break!

Hi all!
I have narrowed down my decision of where i want to go to school to deciding between Creighton Med and UNMC. I went to undergrad at Creighton and really love the Jesuit influence of its education. I am really strongly considering primary care. UNMC has a FABULOUS facility, has is really strong academically, and i would get instate tuition. Is anyone else having a hard time deciding between these two schools? What would be pros and cons of both schools? I dont really know a whole lot about UNMC. I would appreciate any and all feedback and comments!!! You guys are the best!!!

Last edited:
Hi all!
I have narrowed down my decision of where i want to go to school to deciding between Creighton Med and UNMC. I went to undergrad at Creighton and really love the Jesuit influence of its education. I am really strongly considering primary care. UNMC has a FABULOUS facility, has is really strong academically, and i would get instate tuition. Is anyone else having a hard time deciding between these two schools? What would be pros and cons of both schools? I go really know a whole lot about UNMC. I would appreciate any and all feedback and comments!!! You guys are the best!!!
I am in the same position (deciding between UNMC and Creighton with Creighton being my alma mater). If you want, you can message me and I can give you my thoughts on which you should choose!

I am in the same position (deciding between UNMC and Creighton with Creighton being my alma mater). If you want, you can message me and I can give you my thoughts on which you should choose!
I am in a similar position. Would you mind messaging me your thoughts as well?

I am an OOS candidate still waiting for an admissions decision. Are there other OOS people who have heard back and been accepted or currently on the wait list? It seems like most of the acceptances on here have been IS

Reactions: 3 users