2018-2019 University of Texas Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Transmitted 5/16 LizzyM 70

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys getting IIs mind sharing your transmit dates and LizzyMs?
Transmitted 6-15, and LizzyM 72. But my friend who goes to UTMB told me they really love high GPAs, and I somehow pulled a 4.0 in undergrad. I think this was the first wave of interviews though friend, give it some time!

Reactions: 1 users
Transmitted 6-15, and LizzyM 72. But my friend who goes to UTMB told me they really love high GPAs, and I somehow pulled a 4.0 in undergrad. I think this was the first wave of interviews though friend, give it some time!
Of course! I learned my lesson about being neurotic when the first wave of TTU IIs went out lol

Members don't see this ad :)
II today, LizzyM ~81, complete mid May

Anyone know if it will hurt you to not go to the social/mixer the night before? I don't know if that's just being neurotic or if they expect you to go to show interest.

Anyone know if it will hurt you to not go to the social/mixer the night before? I don't know if that's just being neurotic or if they expect you to go to show interest.
Wondering the same

Can any current student say how far the medical school and typical med student housing is from a beach?

Got an II from them today too. Ugh, I'm OOS and it's the first one I've gotten from Texas schools. Not looking forward to it being a stress test. :(

LizzyM: ~74
Submitted: 6/3
Transmitted: 6/15

Last edited:
Got an II from them today too. Ugh, I'm OOS and it's the first one I've gotten from Texas schools. Not looking forward to it being a stress test. :(

LizzyM: ~74
Submitted: 6/3
Transmitted: 6/15
I'll take it off your hands if you want.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of y’all that received II, did you get the application received email pretty late after the rest of the schools? My application transmitted 5/31, but UTMB sent me that email a few days ago on 6/28. All the other Texas schools were not like that lol.

For those of y’all that received II, did you get the application received email pretty late after the rest of the schools? My application transmitted 5/31, but UTMB sent me that email a few days ago on 6/28. All the other Texas schools were not like that lol.
6/28 is the earliest anyone received the email if I'm not mistaken.

Do you have ties to the state?
I have friends who are currently at UT schools but that's it. I'm very aware of Texas' policy about accepting OOS students but I was encouraged by my friends who currently are there to try. It's worth a shot.

I was transmitted 5/24 and still waiting on the email haha.

My app was transmitted 5/29 and I got the app received email on 6/28 as well!

The mixer is optional, no pressure to go. You would meet current students there

I have friends who are currently at UT schools but that's it. I'm very aware of Texas' policy about accepting OOS students but I was encouraged by my friends who currently are there to try. It's worth a shot.
Well that's more than what I've got haha... I'm OOS too

I'm not sure what yall mean by stress interviews, I'm a reapplicant and I interviewed here last cycle (waitlisted) and it wasn't anymore stressful than any of my other interviews. The first interviewer did grill me a bit about my clinical exposure and the second just read off a list of questions but it really wasn't much different than any of my other interviews.

Does anyone know if UTMB accepts IB test credit for the English requirement? I have 6 hours total, 3 from exam. The exam is listed on my transcript followed by the specific college-course, "ENGL 13xx".

Does anyone know if UTMB accepts IB test credit for the English requirement? I have 6 hours total, 3 from exam. The exam is listed on my transcript followed by the specific college-course, "ENGL 13xx".
Found this on the TMDSAS website. So according to TMDSAS they should since there’s a course listed on your official transcript. Check your PCR and see how they listed it, cause that’s what the schools use. I think for general courses like English, the specific schools follow TMDSAS recommendations. It’s only stats and biochem that they tend to differ.

Attachments

• 77DE1E03-4C2B-460E-9585-015C050D25D8.jpeg
    77DE1E03-4C2B-460E-9585-015C050D25D8.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 75
I never received any email from UTMB. I was transmitted on 6/11 and got an email from every other school in Texas. Should I be concerned?

I never received any email from UTMB. I was transmitted on 6/11 and got an email from every other school in Texas. Should I be concerned?
I was transmitted 5/24 and still waiting. But I remember I read somewhere that UTMB is using the CASPer as their secondary this year (still trying to find the specific source). It looks like everyone who reported getting a complete email from UTMB with CASPer instructions, received an II soon after. So it could be there is an initial screen, or my whole theory means nothing if someone can comment on their receipt of the complete/CASPer email and didnt get an interview. Just my unsubstantiated theory on this whole thing.

I got the CASPer email, submitted, no II. Sad day.

I got the CASPer email, submitted, no II. Sad day.

I'm in the same boat :( My GPA is on the low end for them but my MCAT is well above their mean, plus I'm IS so I figured they'd throw me a bone. We shall see.... I'm not giving up hope yet! There's tons of time left in the cycle so it's too soon to feel defeated lol.

IS, LizzyM is 78-80 but GPA is <3.9, didn't get an II. My theory is that the first round of II's went to those with GPA's >3.9. Did anyone here get an II with a GPA below 3.9?

I'm in the same boat :( My GPA is on the low end for them but my MCAT is well above their mean, plus I'm IS so I figured they'd throw me a bone. We shall see.... I'm not giving up hope yet! There's tons of time left in the cycle so it's too soon to feel defeated lol.
That was me last cycle, I submitted my app early enough (June 15th) but they didn't send me an II until December and it was for the last interview day they had, and I got waitlisted so don't get discouraged!

IS, LizzyM is 78-80 but GPA is <3.9, didn't get an II. My theory is that the first round of II's went to those with GPA's >3.9. Did anyone here get an II with a GPA below 3.9?

I’m way below 3.9 and got an II. IS, high MCAT, submitted early.

As anecdotal as this may be... I have a friend who submitted in late May last year, and did not interview until the last week. He ended up matching at UTMB though. GPA ~3.9 MCAT 506

I have a high GPA around 3.9, low MCAT (barely above the mean ha) but I submitted a bomb LOR from a physician who attended UTMB so hopefully they consider me. :O

I have very similar stats to pop6465's friend and got an ii in the round, LizzyM 68. Also like zaitoun, I had a MD who went to UTMB write a LOR for me. Submitted early, 5/12. Hopefully everything will pay off. :)

I have very similar stats to pop6465's friend and got an ii in the round, LizzyM 68. Also like zaitoun, I had a MD who went to UTMB write a LOR for me. Submitted early, 5/12. Hopefully everything will pay off. :)

awesome, congrats! my lizzyM is 64, submitted 6/12 so i'm just patiently waiting.

Do they send emails stating they received your application? TMDSAS transmitted a couple weeks ago and I have not received a confirmation email from this school that my application was even received.

Do they send emails stating they received your application? TMDSAS transmitted a couple weeks ago and I have not received a confirmation email from this school that my application was even received.

Haven't received a confirmation email either but my app transmitted weeks ago. I've heard from every school except here.

Haven't received a confirmation email either but my app transmitted weeks ago. I've heard from every school except here.

I just heard from UTHealth San Antonio yesterday. I haven't heard from UTMB either so I guess maybe give it some more time.

I transmitted 6/22 and got the e-mail regarding casper testing on 7/10. I've taken casper and my application is all complete except for LORs for reference.

Received an email stating my application has been received and is being reviewed. Hoping for a II !

Reactions: 2 users
I'm curious when TMDSAS transmitted your app? Mine was transmitted on 6/25 but haven't heard anything.
I just received the email yesterday and my app was transmitted 6/18, took a while...