2018-2019 University of Texas Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm curious when TMDSAS transmitted your app? Mine was transmitted on 6/25 but haven't heard anything.
My app was transmitted 6/18. It took approx. 3 weeks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
wow, almost a month and a half! :/
I don't think one can assume that the admissions committees are constantly reading your applications as soon as they are transmitted from TMSDAS. Med schools have been wrapping up last year's admission season as well, organizing orientation for the incoming class of 2019, holding graduation ceremonies for their departing MS4's, and other things. You get the idea.
Some schools even say they will start reviewing apps on August 1. Clearly some schools have gotten an earlier start than others, but please don't let yourselves get "gloom and doomy" in July! All you can do is make sure your app is complete, and then go about your school, work or volunteer day knowing you have done your part and it is now out of your hands. Hard to do, I know, but essential for your peace of mind as this application cycle lasts almost a year.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today!!! Crying... complete 6/4
Congrats!!!! Quick question was CASPer exam graded already or did you take it a later date and received ii with it pending/ processing to be sent to UTMB?

Congrats!!!! Quick question was CASPer exam graded already or did you take it a later date and received ii with it pending/ processing to be sent to UTMB?
I took the Casper 6/3 so it was complete

II! My first one!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
II today, app received 6/28, URM, Lizzy 69.4, re-applicant, IS. My interview is August 10!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
my app was transmitted 6/26 but I haven't heard from them. should I continue waiting? any suggestions??
P.S. congrats to everyone who received an II!

my app was transmitted 6/26 but I haven't heard from them. should I continue waiting? any suggestions??
P.S. congrats to everyone who received an II!
Yes, keep waiting. I transmitted late-May and got one today. Don't lose hope!

For those that got interviews, were your LORs already in? I haven't really gotten any email from them either so I was getting worried

Same, I haven't even gotten the email where they say that my application has been received and is being reviewed. :/

Same, I haven't even gotten the email where they say that my application has been received and is being reviewed. :/
I was transmitted 5/24 and I didn’t get the under review email until last week, it’s tough but I’d probably just hang tight for a bit longer.

Same for me, I was bummed after the first round of invites since I'm IS and transmitted relatively early, but just got the invite today as well! So it could definitely still be coming :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat :( My GPA is on the low end for them but my MCAT is well above their mean, plus I'm IS so I figured they'd throw me a bone. We shall see.... I'm not giving up hope yet! There's tons of time left in the cycle so it's too soon to feel defeated lol.

i'm in the same boat! IS, lower gpa and higher than avg MCAT. haven't submitted Casper but submitted primary 5/27 and verified 6/5. Need to keep the hope alive!

just got their under review email! hoping for an II from them since I submited an LOR from an MD who went there. goodluck to everyone!

I have an interview for the weekend of August 17th and was wondering if anyone knows about what time the "Night Before" activities begin? I need to book flights and do not know how early to get there! Thanks yall!

I transmitted end of June, just got my confirmation of received today. It says we need to take the casper but there is really no further info on it. I already have taken and released it to them, so will I get a separate email about them receiving my casper results?

I transmitted end of June, just got my confirmation of received today. It says we need to take the casper but there is really no further info on it. I already have taken and released it to them, so will I get a separate email about them receiving my casper results?
I didn't get any kind of confirmation after I sent my results, so I'm just hoping they got it!

Damn I didnt get that email, I got transmitted on July 3rd so idk if that makes a difference. :/

I was transmitted 5/24 and I didn’t get the under review email until last week, it’s tough but I’d probably just hang tight for a bit longer.
I got an email that said application receive, is there a second email that they send that says under review?

I got an email that said application receive, is there a second email that they send that says under review?

Not that I'm aware, my email said: "we have received your application and it is currently being reviewed by our Admissions Committee." Then it goes into details about CASPer.

Is anyone flying in to Houston on August 23 for the 8/24 II? Or is anyone driving from Houston to Galveston on Aug 23? Looking for ways to get to Galveston without spending a $100 on uber....

Other details about me: 75 LizzyM, did not do Casper yet and my LORs aren't in

Is anyone flying in to Houston on August 23 for the 8/24 II? Or is anyone driving from Houston to Galveston on Aug 23? Looking for ways to get to Galveston without spending a $100 on uber....

There’s always mega bus!! Fairly cheap

super shuttle from the airport to your hotel

Does anyone know what the curriculum of utmb is like? Are they following the integrated curriculum systems approach or something else? Just curious since it's not easy to find much on the website where the school is trying to sell itself

Does anyone know what the curriculum of utmb is like? Are they following the integrated curriculum systems approach or something else? Just curious since it's not easy to find much on the website where the school is trying to sell itself
NVM got it

Finally received the email that my application got received and is being reviewed by the admissions committee lol

All 3 of my LOR were already in when i got the II, but I'm not sure if it would be necessary.

Also, are you guys thinking about going to the mixer?

Also, are you guys thinking about going to the mixer?
I would if I was staying in Galveston overnight. It's a good opportunity to converse with current students in a low-stress environment.