This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All us Kentucky residents freaking out over here.

I had a friend who got accepted at Louisville yesterday. Idk their stats though!

Members don't see this ad.

Haha highkey jealous. My school told us "we rank applicants when we form the waitlist, under no circumstances will these ranks be released," yikes fam

My school does have a ranked waitlist that they disclose and I AM CURRENTLY SITTING AT #1, NEXT IN LINE TO BE ADMITTED!!! Anyway it is slowly killing me, but also so incredibly nice to see where I stand and how the movement has occurred since my initial position. The worst thing about us knowing our position is that every year there is one person that makes it to #1 and does not get in. If that turns out to be me this year I suppose I will take that as a sign that it is not meant to be since I am a 3rd cycle applicant to this school. Especially seeing that the total movement would have only been 12 spots as opposed to the solid 20-30 spots my school has seen in the past 8 years or so. Like I would almost just have to laugh maniacally at my fate if that were to happen. The one year I have a chance happens to be the year everything gets turned upside down, but then I could have done more on my ECs and clinical exposure so who is really to blame here right?

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users
By mid-June, all serious stratification has probably been done. Additional experience is not likely to have an effect. The main thing they want to know is whether you would immediately accept an offer. If you have no other offers, all you can do is offer to drop your other waitlists.

LoE's should go through AMCAS. The type you describe is not likely to move the needle at this point, I'm afraid.

What does it mean if a school that you are waitlisted at tells you if that they expect movement intermittently in June but much more in July after their CTE deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
What does it mean if a school that you are waitlisted at tells you if that they expect movement intermittently in June but a lot in July....

It probably means that after their CTE deadline, which could be assumed it’s in July, they’ll definitely see who is going to their school, and then they’ll send a wave of calls. It’s a theory but it’s what I’m hoping for at my school as well (WSUBSOM).

Reactions: 1 user
My school does have a ranked waitlist that they disclose and I AM CURRENTLY SITTING AT #1, NEXT IN LINE TO BE ADMITTED!!! Anyway it is slowly killing me, but also so incredibly nice to see where I stand and how the movement has occurred since my initial position. The worst thing about us knowing our position is that every year there is one person that makes it to #1 and does not get in. If that turns out to be me this year I suppose I will take that as a sign that it is not meant to be since I am a 3rd cycle applicant to this school. Especially seeing that the total movement would have only been 12 spots as opposed to the solid 20-30 spots my school has seen in the past 8 years or so. Like I would almost just have to laugh maniacally at my fate if that were to happen. The one year I have a chance happens to be the year everything gets turned upside down, but then I could have done more on my ECs and clinical exposure so who is really to blame here right?
That is absolutely brutal and I am sending all my energy to hoping your waitlist sees that movement. Wonderful school.

Reactions: 4 users

This is the worst lol I can't even imagine

Hey guys, I just CTE'd this morning to a school after being asked by the Dean if I would change from PTE to CTE, and about 1 hr ago got off the waitlist at a top 5 school. There's still hope for movement!!

Reactions: 19 users
You will get the call/email, and hopefully very soon. Remember to come back and share the good news!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I just CTE'd this morning to a school after being asked by the Dean if I would change from PTE to CTE, and about 1 hr ago got off the waitlist at a top 5 school. There's still hope for movement!!

You’ve been POACHED!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
What does it mean if a school that you are waitlisted at tells you if that they expect movement intermittently in June but much more in July after their CTE deadline?
It means that they share my theory on how the CTE cascade will fall.

Reactions: 9 users
Do you think you will withdraw from Hofstra? And congrats for the new acceptance!

what if the reason you didn't get off your top 5 waitlist sooner was because you didn't hit CTE :laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It means that they share my theory on how the CTE cascade will fall.

That suuuuuucks. I'm trying to find decent housing now and it's a nightmare, I can't imagine what it would be like in July.

most of the CTE deadlines are in July so I guess it makes sense more movement would be happening then? IDK I also said the same thing about June before that May and April 15th and 30th. August is next!

Reactions: 1 users
I feel your pain so much. I also have a ranked WL and am only a few spots away. Its agony! It makes it that much harder to give up hope completely.

Dang, that's crazy. You're so close. I'm also on a ranked waitlist but don't know my rank which sucks.

what are your stats?

Dang, that's crazy. You're so close. I'm also on a ranked waitlist but don't know my rank which sucks.
Dude, same. The worse part is that my school used to give out rankings, but it stopped doing that this year. It's a conspiracy.

what are your stats?

514 and 3.8. Higher sGPA and 131 Chem and Phys with 130 Bio and Bio if that makes any difference. Lots of research as I've worked full time as a Post-Bacc for 2 years, but no papers. My main downfall was applying to very few schools and having limited clinical exposure, also I applied pretty late in the cycle as well. Hoping that helps. My takeaway is that ECs and healthcare experience can be pretty major factors--deservedly so--as a lot of the meaningful lessons and changes to my motivations for pursuing a career in medicine have come directly from this arena, not so much from my courses etc. I just wish I had done more and focused less on studying.

@gyngyn You recommended that we send in a very, very short LoI if we were to send another one. I know it sounds neurotic, but how short should it be? Could 1 or 2 sentence about how we would drop all other (if any) acceptances to go to your school be fine? I am just afraid that I might appear as if I am not putting in much effort. Thank you so much for your help!

I think that is just cruel. My school is absolutely amazing when it comes to admissions transparency. They offer feedback for anyone who applied I believe, I met with them after having been rejected my first cycle and they were very specific with the areas I need to focus on for improvement including direct quotes from the adcom's review of my app. The second cycle I made it to the waitlist and they still met with me as early as April I believe, even though there was a slim chance I could still get in. They again had specific feedback including adcom quotes and comments on the differences between my two applications.

The admissions workers are the nicest people who do whatever they can to make our experience more comfortable. I've emailed them or called them multiple times with questions and they answer with direct answers and even encouragement. Gosh, it just reinforces how much I want to go to this school. :')

I think that is just cruel. My school is absolutely amazing when it comes to admissions transparency. They offer feedback for anyone who applied I believe, I met with them after having been rejected my first cycle and they were very specific with the areas I need to focus on for improvement including direct quotes from the adcom's review of my app. The second cycle I made it to the waitlist and they still met with me as early as April I believe, even though there was a slim chance I could still get in. They again had specific feedback including adcom quotes and comments on the differences between my two applications.

The admissions workers are the nicest people who do whatever they can to make our experience more comfortable. I've emailed them or called them multiple times with questions and they answer with direct answers and even encouragement. Gosh, it just reinforces how much I want to go to this school. :')

Carver is a great school. My brother graduated from there and always told me how great the people were.

I feel your pain so much. I also have a ranked WL and am only a few spots away. Its agony! It makes it that much harder to give up hope completely.

Right?? The worst thing is that when our ranks first came out in mid-March, I was super happy because historically I would have gotten in on traffic day based on where I started out. So I began making plans to attend keeping in mind that there could still be an anomaly in which case the waitlist moved drastically fewer spots than previous years. What do you know, the anomaly is our current reality, which I am chalking up to the rule change. I wasn't aware of this before movement day, but then the list saw only one drop on April 30th, and I headed to SDN to quickly realize that this year may not reflect historical movement and that no predictions could be made with any sort of confidence. And here we are. Big bummer man. Keep the faith, though. We are close!

This is the worst lol I can't even imagine

I know the school is pretty unique in disclosing the ranks, but I just want to say that I would absolutely prefer to know that I am at #1 than be completely blind to the process. If they ever come across this post I want to reaffirm that giving us our ranks and showing live updates in the list is for sure the right thing to do, and that it would be a terrible disservice to the applicants if they were to discontinue the practice. My opinion will remain the same even if I am the one person stuck next in line come orientation, even if I like trying to garner sympathy on the internet. ;)

@gyngyn You recommended that we send in a very, very short LoI if we were to send another one. I know it sounds neurotic, but how short should it be? Could 1 or 2 sentence about how we would drop all other (if any) acceptances to go to your school be fine? I am just afraid that I might appear as if I am not putting in much effort. Thank you so much for your help!
It looks fine.

Wish you the best of luck, you certainly deserve to get in!

How do you all suggest sending a letter of intent? As a PDF attachment in an email? What do I put in the body of the email? Sorry I'm just really over thinking this

How do you all suggest sending a letter of intent? As a PDF attachment in an email? What do I put in the body of the email? Sorry I'm just really over thinking this

Different schools have different preferences. I would recommend calling your school and asking them what they prefer.

Like @gyngyn says, at this point in the game keep it simple. Don't oversaturate with superfluous detail. To cover all your bases you could upload a pdf to your school's application portal and email it as an attachment to the school's preferred admissions email.

wow that is really nice. i got mostly vague stuff from mine. Nothing I could really change.

are you the person who was on the amc waitlist two years in a row? There was a person the last two years with a profile picture of Thirteen, is why I ask.
Is AMC Albany Medical College? If that's what you mean, it wasn't me. I only applied midwest. Nice to know others are in a position like mine, though!

Just found out the school I interviewed at over accepted students and are offering scholarships to defer a year.

See ya next cycle

• Wow
Reactions: 16 users
I’m waitlisted at two schools. One of them has ranked us according to “overall GPA, MCAT scores, and how well the interviews went” and they will not release rankings this year. The last I heard, an IS waitlisted applicant was accepted 2 weeks ago with a 3.7 GPA and 504 MCAT (and it seems like they’ve given more preference to the GPA than the MCAT because I know someone with a ~3.9/501 who got in on the first day and ~3.7/508 who got in a few weeks ago). My GPA is like 3.68, 502 MCAT, tons of extracurricular (+150 hours of scribing/interpreting, +100 hours of shadowing, 2 years of research, etc), I am IS, and both of my interviewers had voted “yes” for me according to the director of the program. What do you think my chances are of getting off the waitlist? @gyngyn

Damn, you got so much intel, while I can't even manage a breadcrumb

Reactions: 4 users
You know that saying that goes like "with interviews 3, a doctor you'll be"

I humbly present an alternative: "with interviews 2, you're probably screwed"

Or for my friends who had one: "with interview 1, you're pretty much done"

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Just found out the school I interviewed at over accepted students and are offering scholarships to defer a year.

See ya next cycle

Honestly, doesn't sound too bad for accepted students. Get a scholarship and live your life to the fullest for a year. But, for waitlisted students, yea...

Reactions: 8 users

See ya next cycle
If you get a deferred acceptance do you still have to resubmit amcas, secondaries, and interview even though you're basically in?

You know that saying that goes like "with interviews 3, a doctor you'll be"

I humbly present an alternative: "with interviews 2, you're probably screwed"

Or for my friends who had one: "with interview 1, you're pretty much done"
ill raise u one, I got 3 interviews and 3 waitlists lol

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.