This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to make a point about how unhelpful it is when someone is not specific about the school that they’re talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just trying to make a point about how unhelpful it is when someone is not specific about the school that they’re talking about.
Lyrics from a song by The Wombats come to mind here:
"You could give an aspirin the headache of its life"

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok. I was wondering if you look at this support thread because of your own waitlist struggles. Many of us who struggle sitting on waitlists do not get in our 1st cycle. But perhaps, you did get in off of a waitlist your first cycle. That is possible.

Regardless, we have multiple caring docs on this thread. Thank you

Oh ok. I was wondering if you look at this support thread because of your own waitlist struggles. Many of us who struggle sitting on waitlists do not get in our 1st cycle. But perhaps, you did get in off of a waitlist your first cycle. That is possible.

Regardless, we have multiple caring docs on this thread. Thank you
I’m mostly on the Texas threads but I do understand what a long and draining process it is, especially for some of you at the end of a whole year facing the prospect of doing it all again.
I guess I shouldn’t make light. I should have controlled my temptation to tease the Secret Wombat.

I’m mostly on the Texas threads but I do understand what a long and draining process it is, especially for some of you at the end of a whole year facing the prospect of doing it all again.
I guess I shouldn’t make light. I should have controlled my temptation to tease the Secret Wombat.
Oh you are completely fine. As you said, we love fine whine. We love it too much, really. Lol. Humor is good and we all need more of it!

Anybody who got off the WL experiencing more imposter syndrome than expected? Sucks that it seems a lot of my class are acquainted from second look, and I heard med school gets cliquey real quick...

Reactions: 3 users
Anybody who got off the WL experiencing more imposter syndrome than expected? Sucks that it seems a lot of my class are acquainted from second look, and I heard med school gets cliquey real quick...

Don't worry about it, it's like being the new kid in school, either you'll fit in or fit out. What's the downside? You'll be isolated for four years

Stay true to yourself and goals, don't concern yourself with these things

Reactions: 5 users
Also to add, med school students on my tours always said the whole class was friends. Did they lie to me? Such deception, lulled me into a sense of security.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I was recently accepted from a waitlist position. I know movement has been super slow this year but be patient and keep hope!

Good luck to you all! :)

Reactions: 31 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Saw some mention of Ohio...Anyone know how Cincinnati is doing this year? Looks like they've had no movement at all and usually by now they've had a decent amount. Kinda worried it's not gonna budge before the CTE deadline at this point...what a cycle this has been :(

Bruh honestly I wouldn’t worry about it. I think any cliqueyness dies out real fast when classes start and you need to work together to succeed. Plus in the end how you get into med school isn’t what measures your success, it’s the work you put into it and the dedication you have.

Reactions: 3 users
My husband has 5 days to decide on a job he was offered in Chicago where I got into school. I figured I’d call my top choice and tell them they have five days to accept me otherwise I’ll withdraw. It probably won’t help, but hey I have nothing to lose at this point ‍♀️

My husband has 5 days to decide on a job he was offered in Chicago where I got into school. I figured I’d call my top choice and tell them they have five days to accept me otherwise I’ll withdraw. It probably won’t help, but hey I have nothing to lose at this point ‍♀️
Which is your top choice?

My husband has 5 days to decide on a job he was offered in Chicago where I got into school. I figured I’d call my top choice and tell them they have five days to accept me otherwise I’ll withdraw. It probably won’t help, but hey I have nothing to lose at this point ‍♀
good luck

I am still on the waitlist for my top school and they somehow moved back their CTE date another 9 days (when I had called to inquire about it earlier it was 30 days before matriculation now they say its 21 days). If anyone has some insight/advice, I am wondering if I should send an update regarding my GMAT score to my waitlisted med school. I had indicated on my application that I was interested in their MD/MBA program and I received a GMAT score that makes me eligible for a 1/2 tuition scholarship for the MBA portion ( I talked to their MBA program office). However, I am worried that the Adcoms at the med school will only further question my "desire" to become a physician. I am a reapplicant to the school where I am currently waitlisted; during my first interview at the school( same school I applied to during my first app), one of the interviewers came out really against the MBA portion (I just didn't expect that whatsoever) and I felt it may have been a contributed to my rejection. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you so much and good luck to everybody!

I am still on the waitlist for my top school and they somehow moved back their CTE date another 9 days (when I had called to inquire about it earlier it was 30 days before matriculation now they say its 21 days). If anyone has some insight/advice, I am wondering if I should send an update regarding my GMAT score to my waitlisted med school. I had indicated on my application that I was interested in their MD/MBA program and I received a GMAT score that makes me eligible for a 1/2 tuition scholarship for the MBA portion ( I talked to their MBA program office). However, I am worried that the Adcoms at the med school will only further question my "desire" to become a physician. I am a reapplicant to the school where I am currently waitlisted; during my first interview at the school( same school I applied to during my first app), one of the interviewers came out really against the MBA portion (I just didn't expect that whatsoever) and I felt it may have been a contributed to my rejection. Let me know what you guys think. Thank you so much and good luck to everybody!
this is at least some of a sign that movement is projected later.

My husband has 5 days to decide on a job he was offered in Chicago where I got into school. I figured I’d call my top choice and tell them they have five days to accept me otherwise I’ll withdraw. It probably won’t help, but hey I have nothing to lose at this point ‍♀

Unless someone on here tells you to not do it, please report back and tell us how it went, LOL

• Haha
Doubledown and thank them for the acceptance and let them know you'll see them at orientation

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Nope. It’s been radio silence from both schools. I sent an LOI to UK in early April hoping it would help but apparently it didn’t...
I am genuinely curious if LOIs actually help since if they ask for them they get them from so many people that if everyone provides one then it's as if no one provided one.

I was told specifically not to send in an LOI, I am surprised so many schools accept them.

I am genuinely curious if LOIs actually help since if they ask for them they get them from so many people that if everyone provides one then it's as if no one provided one.

Been thinking the same. A part of me wants to send another short LOI/communication where I bluff that I'll take myself off of other waitlists, even though I'm only on theirs. Has anyone ever done that?

Been thinking the same. A part of me wants to send another short LOI/communication where I bluff that I'll take myself off of other waitlists, even though I'm only on theirs. Has anyone ever done that?
I don't know if anyone has done that, but they can't see that you have no other waitlists, so I don't know how they would penalize you for that.

Saw some mention of Ohio...Anyone know how Cincinnati is doing this year? Looks like they've had no movement at all and usually by now they've had a decent amount. Kinda worried it's not gonna budge before the CTE deadline at this point...what a cycle this has been :(
they typically have very little movement. a lot of the movement comes from the other ohio schools (boonshoft, toledo, neomed, OSU respectively) they are pretty difficult to get into

@gyngyn about 3 weeks ago I sent my school an update/ interest letter. I was wondering at what point is it appropriate/ nonpestering to upload a short and actual LOI?

@gyngyn about 3 weeks ago I sent my school an update/ interest letter. I was wondering at what point is it appropriate/ nonpestering to upload a short and actual LOI?

Honest question, is there really a point of continuing to send these letters? I understand we would do whatever it takes to get in, but it seems like we're bending ourselves backwards at the expense of these schools. How much would continued letters move the needle and are they even read by the committee. Think about it this way, in their position, would select a lesser candiate because he send more LOI's?

Honest question, is there really a point of continuing to send these letters? I understand we would do whatever it takes to get in, but it seems like we're bending ourselves backwards at the expense of these schools. How much would continued letters move the needle and are they even read by the committee. Think about it this way, in their position, would select a lesser candiate because he send more LOI's?

ouch. At this point though if they ask me to bend, my scoliotic spine will ask how far, especially if it's regarding my future career. Honestly, I think in the long term one LOI, especially if there does end up being a cluster in July, won't negatively affect my standing.

ouch. At this point though if they ask me to bend, my scoliotic spine will ask how far, especially if it's regarding my future career. Honestly, I think in the long term one LOI, especially if there does end up being a cluster in July, won't negatively affect my standing.

Sorry if it came off as me being condescending towards you. My point was more towards the sending of biweekly updates to these schools.

I know many people jokingly use phrases like I'd give my left leg to get in, but that's not my nature. I feel like it wouldn't be earned.

Last edited:
Sorry if it came off as me being condescending towards yo. My point was more towards the sending of biweekly updates to these schools.

Totally fine, just felt the slap from the school through you. I've only actually sent one update letter and I was like eehhhh one LOI can't hurt can it? Just to let them know I'm willing to drop everything and go in case this plays a factor into their decision (i'm serious I have secured floors to sleep on).

Totally fine, just felt the slap from the school through you. I've only actually sent one update letter and I was like eehhhh one LOI can't hurt can it? Just to let them know I'm willing to drop everything and go in case this plays a factor into their decision (i'm serious I have secured floors to sleep on).

I was just reading a lot of posts regarding sending letters, it just happened your post was the one I responded to. But, yeah I think you're fine sending an LOI now.

"If accepted, I will immediately drop all waitlists."

I know this has been discussed before but how do people deal with last minute acceptances? I’m waiting on my state MD school and their classes don’t start until middle of August. I’ve been accepted into a DO school and am finally going to look for an apartment as classes start end of July. I’m afraid since finances are tight I won’t be able to afford breaking my lease, taking a tuition loss, and moving last minute if accepted even though my state school is my dream school. Any advice? Should I just take the DO acceptance and move on?

I know this has been discussed before but how do people deal with last minute acceptances? I’m waiting on my state MD school and their classes don’t start until middle of August. I’ve been accepted into a DO school and am finally going to look for an apartment as classes start end of July. I’m afraid since finances are tight I won’t be able to afford breaking my lease, taking a tuition loss, and moving last minute if accepted even though my state school is my dream school. Any advice? Should I just take the DO acceptance and move on?

I’m in the same boat so any advice on that front would be great.

@gyngyn do you still think there will be a wave of waitlist movement nearing CTE deadlines? If yes, do you mind explaining your reasoning (I'm sure you've probably explained it before I just can't find it in this thread)

Applicant's Log Day 223 on the Waitlist.

The days are getting longer and acceptance offers seem to be running scarce. A few of us have been blessed, but many of us still wish to get in. Hope is dwindling among us. I don't know how much longer I can hold out. My application building opportunities are few and far between. Money for a reapplication is running low. Doubt is starting to creep in. If this is my last entry before they accept me, I hope everyone remembers all the memes and zhitposting I have done on here.

-AMCAS ID#1*******8

• Haha
Reactions: 36 users
I thought I was applying to be a doctor, but I have spent most of my time becoming a professional writer and story teller. Worth it though.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
I thought I was applying to be a doctor, but I have spent most of my time becoming a professional writer and story teller. Worth it though.

61FF7594-2466-4C63-8B7F-0746370F0F60.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Status
Not open for further replies.