2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mmm...Trickle down admissions, top applicants get acceptances followed by lower scoring tier applicants, which likely means bursts of admissions as students decline for whatever reason. So if you’ve interviewed and haven’t heard any news yet you’re still strong in the game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you with interview invites... did anyone notice their portal change to reflect the interview before receiving the interview invite email?
 
Complete 8/22 and still nothing.
Based on the timeline, if you don't hear anything by Wednesday, you should call on Thursday. IIs usually go out on Tuesdays and Interview WLs on Wednesday. At least that's how it's been playing out this cycle. Almost everyone who has submitted in August has taken eight weeks (+/- a couple days) to hear back.
 
Based on the timeline, if you don't hear anything by Wednesday, you should call on Thursday. IIs usually go out on Tuesdays and Interview WLs on Wednesday. At least that's how it's been playing out this cycle. Almost everyone who has submitted in August has taken eight weeks (+/- a couple days) to hear back.
If you’re on the interview waitlist, there’s no point in calling right? Even if you’ve been on it since early September?
 
If you’re on the interview waitlist, there’s no point in calling right? Even if you’ve been on it since early September?
Nothing is cut and dry here... totally your call. However, if you're officially on the II WL, the admissions department has said that your application is being reviewed each go round. I have called them before and I never get the vibe that I'm annoying anyone. They're very helpful.
 
Anyone know how often they update their admissions tracker??! (sry i'm feeling particularly insufferable w my neuroticism today)
Every Thursday. My neuroticism is in overdrive as well...

Just for fun, these are the trends I've seen:
Monday: "You have not been accepted at this time, but we're still considering you" email
Tuesdays: Interview Invites & Social media updates (facebook and twitter)
Wednesdays: Interview Invites & Interview hold emails
Thursdays: Tracker updates
Friday: Acceptances (though only one data point for reference on this one...)

Updated based on more trends.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
would people who have interviewed mind sharing their experiences? was it casual? high stress? i have no experience with MMIs so i’m nervous tbh..... also is the attire business professional?
 
would people who have interviewed mind sharing their experiences? was it casual? high stress? i have no experience with MMIs so i’m nervous tbh..... also is the attire business professional?

Definitely business professional dress. Everyone who goes signs a non-disclosure, so we can't give too many details about the interview, but it was not bad. Each station has a single prompt/question and the interviewer does have follow up questions so you don't have to have a full 7-8 minute monologue ready. I found some lists of commonly asked interview questions that included normal and ethical type questions (there's a set of 95 somewhere on the internet) and had my husband pick out some random ones of all types to "quiz" me on in the car on the way down.
 
Hold today. I have to say it's one of the nicer hold messages - it didn't have me completely losing hope! I was complete 8/26.
 
So, with the waitlist, is it like they send IIs, and IWs (interview waitlist)? Or do they send IWs and out of them some time later they pick a group for IIs...?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I seem to have convinced myself that this would be my week to get a response. ANY response. So here I sit. Refreshing my inbox and SDN to see if anyone else has heard anything. Over. and. over. again...

bleh.

(fwiw, I was complete at the end of August.)

I'm right there with you. I was complete first week of September, had a couple IIs so far, I hope a few more start rolling in soon.
 
Hey guys, I st wanted to update that I got an interview waitlist today. Complete 08/22. My friend who also got am interview waitlist got his email on Tuesday like two weeks ago, so they might not all be on Wednesdays? Just my +1

Edit 1: just*
 
Hey guys, I st wanted to update that I got an interview waitlist today. Complete 08/22. My friend who also got am interview waitlist got his email on Tuesday like two weeks ago, so they might not all be on Wednesdays? Just my +1

Edit 1: just*
I agree.. I looked at it again and it seems that both Tuesdays and Wednesdays are popular for IIs and Interview WLs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got interview waitlisted a while back, do you get an email saying you’re still on the waitlist every week? I was waistlisted a few weeks ago and got the email again the following week and was just wondering if that’s something that comes every week or if there’s any meaning to it
No only when you’re out on it, if something changes, or if they feel like updating you. I haven’t heard from them since I got placed on the IW.
 
I sense the axe is coming. Any day now... Good luck everyone.
View attachment 285191
1572625676999.png