2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

3rd year student at GA-PCOM here. The school is utilizing us, the 2nd years and 4th years as kind of your mentors since you are the first class at this campus.

I'm a little more out of the application process so I'm not the best person to talk to applying specifically but if you have any questions about rotations holler if needed.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
3rd year student at GA-PCOM here. The school is utilizing us, the 2nd years and 4th years as kind of your mentors since you are the first class at this campus.

I'm a little more out of the application process so I'm not the best person to talk to applying specifically but if you have any questions about rotations holler if needed.
Thanks for coming on here and offering your input! What are some of the challenges you faced at your school?

What are some of the challenges you faced at your school?
South GA campus may do some things a little differently. So i'm not sure if talking about specific hurdles at my campus will be helpful.

I will say being in the PCOM umbrella (because i'm at a branch campus too), helps alot. Applying for apartments, registering for Step 1, rotations (theres a lot of potential for shenanigans) is a lot easier with a school that has graduated a couple classes. The mothership (PCOM-Philly) is extremely well put together and if you face any real hurdles it doesn't hurt to contact the respective department.

Are these the secondary questions, or are there more?

Secondary received yesterday (7/10), no additional questions/essays just a fee.

If we submitted our LORs with the AACOMAS primary, do we need to anything else?

I've been emailing adcoms about my fee waiver and no one has responded. Anyone else get FAP approval from PCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my FAP waiver completed today by the South Georgia campus, along with my LORs, no such luck for the Georgia campus yet.

Good morning, how long did it take to receive a secondary after submitting the primary application?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this campus has mandatory attendance like the GA campus?

II received today, File complete 8/20.

MCAT: 501--> 505
S.GPA: 3.56
Not URM

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, OMS-1 at PCOM South GA here. I know interview invites just started - exciting! I would love to answer any questions anyone has about the campus. Wishing everyone all the best, and good luck with the application process!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, OMS-1 at PCOM South GA here. I know interview invites just started - exciting! I would love to answer any questions anyone has about the campus. Wishing everyone all the best, and good luck with the application process!

Is the mandatory attendance for all lectures or just some?

Is the mandatory attendance for all lectures or just some?
All lectures are mandatory. But to be honest with you, if you have good time management skills, it does not retract from being successful. I was very hesitant at first, but I adjusted relatively easily.

All lectures are mandatory. But to be honest with you, if you have good time management skills, it does not retract from being successful. I was very hesitant at first, but I adjusted relatively easily.
Do you find the lectures useful?

Do you find the lectures useful?
Yes I really do. If you pay attention and follow along you can easily review it that same night. That’s not to say that there aren’t certain lectures where you must attend, but can just learn it yourself later.

Yes I really do. If you pay attention and follow along you can easily review it that same night. That’s not to say that there aren’t certain lectures where you must attend, but can just learn it yourself later.

Gotcha, thanks for answering questions

My first acceptance

Reactions: 5 users
Got a II offered for 11/1 earlier this week. Any tips for interviewing at PCOM SG?

Congrats! When did you interview?
I interviewed on the 20th of September! Tips would be, prepare to answer 5-6 secondary-like questions within 30 minutes. The rest of the day is pretty chill.

I interviewed on the 20th of September! Tips would be, prepare to answer 5-6 secondary-like questions within 30 minutes. The rest of the day is pretty chill.
Wow that's a pretty quick turn-around time! Thanks for the advice! How many prospectives were on campus when you were there for your interview? Is it a big group, or relatively small? Looking forward to interviewing and seeing the campus again! Congrats again!

Wow that's a pretty quick turn-around time! Thanks for the advice! How many prospectives were on campus when you were there for your interview? Is it a big group, or relatively small? Looking forward to interviewing and seeing the campus again! Congrats again!

Thank you! On my day there were about 20-25 people. I cannot remember if it was open file or closed file. They did ask me why DO, otherwise, most questions were scenario based

Thank you! On my day there were about 20-25 people. I cannot remember if it was open file or closed file. They did ask me why DO, otherwise, most questions were scenario based

Hi,

I am a current student down here at SGA campus. The interviews are closed files but as mentioned, be ready to answer questions (first 30 mins) and that’s what they use as a guide to interview you! Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone have any suggestions for airports that aren’t super far from the campus ?

II!! For nov 1st!! LETSSS GOOOO!!

Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday, but I’ll be declining it, so hopefully it’ll go to one of you!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the II! How were you contacted? Phone call or email? Can anyone give general stats if you received an II?

So for the people that interviewed there is it really just a one 30 minute interview one-on-one session with traditional style of closed file?

App Complete: 9/11/2019
II: 9/23/2019
Interview: 10/11/2019 (one 30 min interview, two interviewers: one applicant)
Acceptance by mail: 10/23/2019

Do you have to do a written portion before they interview you?

First year at South Georgia here, good luck to all! DM me for input, questions, etc.

I was complete on 08/16/2019, II on 09/19/2019, interviewed on 10/11/2019, accepted on 10/21/2019!!!!! Good luck to everyone