2021-2022 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my acceptance today. Excited for whoever gets good news!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello future Drs, has anyone been accepted this week? Is there any anticipation for waitlist movement? Please like this comment if you are currently waitlisted

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The class appears to be at 135 students. Looks like as people give up their seat they will issue more acceptances

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I recently confirmed my acceptance. Could somebody provide any assistance with accessing the class GroupMe? Thank you!

The class appears to be at 135 students. Looks like as people give up their seat they will issue more acceptances
Hey , I was wondering where did you get the information that the class was at 135 already? Are you assuming because of how late it is or is there a place to see this info ?

Does anyone have insights as to when the white coat ceremony might be? Thanks!

Hello, I'm a future applicant for the 2022-2023 cycle and was wondering if anyone knows if PCOM-GA takes AP credit for the pre-requisites (like exemption out of the first semester of physics?)

Hello, I'm a future applicant for the 2022-2023 cycle and was wondering if anyone knows if PCOM-GA takes AP credit for the pre-requisites (like exemption out of the first semester of physics?)
I am not sure exactly, but they didn't say anything about my AP Credit for Calculus.

None that I know of. Hopefully we get something positive before august

Any new WL movement recently?

I was offered an acceptance yesterday. Declining it today. I hope one of you fine people get it!

I interviewed on Monday April 18th and was waitlisted in under 2 weeks I think.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow, it means that acceptance is solely based on stats and not a factor of how long one interviewed and got waitlisted.

Wow, it means that acceptance is solely based on stats and not a factor of how long one interviewed and got waitlisted.

Definitely not GPA. I’m a low GPA applicant but I have a decent MCAT and a decade of clinical experience. Was surprised to even be interviewed, completely surprised about the offer. Was accepted by my ideal school though and PCOM’s interview day session was by far my least enjoyable. They just didn’t seem to try very hard or care…

I don’t think time spent on the wait list would even make sense… but what do I know…

(By low GPA, like 2.74 cumulative after a 3.94 SMP)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted yesterday after being waitlisted 4/19! Could someone kindly advise on how to get into the Accepted Students GroupMe? Thank you!
Hey, congrats! Could you also link me to the group me?

has anyone contacted admissions about waitlists? if so, what did they say? thanks!!

has anyone contacted admissions about waitlists? if so, what did they say? thanks!!
I asked last Wednesday during the Choose DO virtual fair, and they said there would be waitlist movement until orientation week in August. It is kind of the same answer they always give.They also said that they are still accepting updates and that the committee will re-review applicants and their updates as needed while pulling people from the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I asked last Wednesday during the Choose DO virtual fair, and they said there would be waitlist movement until orientation week in August. It is kind of the same answer they always give.They also said that they are still accepting updates and that the committee will re-review applicants and their updates as needed while pulling people from the waitlist.
Thanks for checking, I spoke with admissions today and they said the same thing.

Reactions: 2 users
My friend was accepted on Thursday, so don't give up hope yet!
That is awesome ! Do you know if it was an email to check his/her portal or was it a call ? I spoke to Ms. Raven and Ms. Stallworth they both said that once you approach july that they may start calling since its so close to classes starting.

That is awesome ! Do you know if it was an email to check his/her portal or was it a call ? I spoke to Ms. Raven and Ms. Stallworth they both said that once you approach july that they may start calling since its so close to classes starting.
Someone asked in Choose DO if they were calling or sending an email to check the portal. They said as they get closer to orientation they will start doing both. You will always get an email/update on your portal and as we get closer to August, you will get a call as well.

Email for him!

seems like there's no groupme or facebook page so far lol. at that i know of. should we just start our own rn?

Anyone know of any new WL movement or did anyone talk with admission recently about WL?

seems like there's no groupme or facebook page so far lol. at that i know of. should we just start our own rn?
PCOM GA class of 2026 page is available on Facebook. I just typed it into the search box and was able to pull it up. You can find GroupMe info and housing stuff on there as well.

Reactions: 1 users
A friend of mine was accepted last week. I am still waiting and hoping
Same here, I also have a friend who was accepted the friday prior to the last. Best of luck ! Hope we can both get in. Also have you submitted a new app through aacomas ? How does it work if we are still on the waitlist?

A friend of mine was accepted last week. I am still waiting and hoping
Same here, I also have a friend who was accepted the friday prior to the last. Best of luck ! Hope we can both get in. Also have you submitted a new app through aacomas ? How does it work if we are still on the waitlist?
I still have some hope too. I have heard of people getting in even during the week of orientation at PCOM GA! But I really really hope it doesn't take that long!

No I haven't.

Hi all - seeking to apply to PCOM next cycle. Struggling to find a DO to shadow (for a LOR). Does anyone recommend a DO they worked with? Thank you for your help!