2019-2020 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R. OOS. Complete late Sept. A little surprised tbh..oh well

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing next week 11/6! Anyone that has previously interviewed any advice? Super excited as this is my top choice!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got RVU’s “we rejected you so why don’t you apply to St. George’s” email... :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got something similar from Midwestern-Arizona, but it was even worse..it was telling me to consider a career in Pharmacy instead and apply to their pharmacy program..it's like no, I am still VERY passionate about being physician, thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Just got RVU’s “we rejected you so why don’t you apply to St. George’s” email... :rofl:
Wow lol. Some schools can be so savage in their rejection letter. Yet they ask of students to be sensitive and compassionate towards others :unsure:

Reactions: 2 users
II received just now at 1 am lol which is wild but will be withdrawing, hope it goes to one of y’all!

I just received an II earlier this week but I too will be withdrawing. Best of luck to all of you!!

Congrats on those accepted today!! If you don’t mind telling me when you guys interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed on October 16.

Was placed on the alternate list when I checked the applicant portal /:

from what they said at the interview, they usually get a decent way through their alternates list

Interesting! I tried to find more information on SDN and couldn’t really find anything about the alternate list. Couldn’t understand if alternate list comes after accepted pending seat list or how it works. Hopefully what you say is true because I love the school. If anyone has any information, I’d appreciate any comment on the alternate list

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance here. Hard decision because I really liked the program and can tell this is a fantastic school. Hope it goes to one of you!

Going to be withdrawing my acceptance here. Hard decision because I really liked the program and can tell this is a fantastic school. Hope it goes to one of you!
Same here. Kinda bummed about it, even though I know it's the right move for me.

Why did you decide against RVU?

Probably the MD acceptance
Yeah, the MD acceptance definitely won me over. Otherwise, it would've been between RVU and UNE for me. Still a tough decision to make though, because I really did like the school, students, location, and rural/wilderness medicine track. I actually haven't officially withdrawn my app yet because it bums me out a little. But I promise I won't hold onto it for too long... I want it to go to one of y'all!

Does anyone know if they are receptive to Pre-II updates?

So excited to have been accepted to RVUCOM last Monday!

Does anyone know if I need to provide a home address for my recommenders? I can probably convince one to provide it, but some of mine have gone AWOL and no longer work for my university. I would appreciate some guidance. I left a message with admissions, but they have not replied, and I want to get this in today. I hope everyone's cycle is going well.

I just put my school address or the business address that the writer was associated with.

For those of you who interviewed this cycle, which style of interview did you have? The SDN page for the school shows that about a third of people had a group interview and the rest had one-on-one. Does it vary by interview day or do they change things each year?

For those of you who interviewed this cycle, which style of interview did you have? The SDN page for the school shows that about a third of people had a group interview and the rest had one-on-one. Does it vary by interview day or do they change things each year?

I think what people meant when they picked a group interview on Interview Feedback, is that it was 2 v 1, not a group interview. So prepare for either 1 on 1 or 2 on 1.

For those that have been accepted, what time did they call you around?

I was accepted on Nov 4, but I am having a hard time deciding between schools. For the current students, (or even those who interviewed) what makes RVU stand out compared to other schools? And what do you think the biggest cons are?

II via email at 0000 today
Secondary complete 10/9

I was accepted on Nov 4, but I am having a hard time deciding between schools. For the current students, (or even those who interviewed) what makes RVU stand out compared to other schools? And what do you think the biggest cons are?

The biggest selling point is the curriculum and the objective results in their match. Now causation doesn’t equal correlation and it could also mean that they select hard working candidates. But this is the number one thing I am looking for as I want to do something competitive and step 1 trumps everything. Cons: I’m from Texas so snow lol. I’ve been to Denver a few times and it’s beautiful so When I get depressed I can go immerse myself in nature (studies have shown being in nature alleviates depression/anxiety).

Just withdrew my acceptance. Good luck with the rest of the app cycle everyone! :)

Accepted!! Interviewed on 11/6. Will probably be putting down part 1 of the $2000 :)nailbiting:) deposit but also still waiting to see if I hear back from anywhere closer to home (born and raised NY)

RVUCOM-CO Class of 2024

Last edited: