2019-2020 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sadly, I was placed on the alternate list. Which is very disheartening because I really enjoyed the interview day and RVU felt right for me. Can anyone be kind enough to offer any insight regarding the alternate list and its movement?

Members don't see this ad.

II last night at 1am!
Secondary completed early Nov. OOS. LM65

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sadly, I was placed on the alternate list. Which is very disheartening because I really enjoyed the interview day and RVU felt right for me. Can anyone be kind enough to offer any insight regarding the alternate list and its movement?

I too was put on the alternate list earlier in the cycle. I researched through as many old threads as I could find which did not give much insight. Just hope for the best and do well at other interviews if you have not been accepted yet. Let us know if you can find any other helpful information!

Reactions: 1 users
Also, totally forgot - someone did state on the last page "from what they said at the interview, they usually get a decent way through their alternates list". So something to consider, even though I don't personally recall hearing this at my interview.

Also, totally forgot - someone did state on the last page "from what they said at the interview, they usually get a decent way through their alternates list". So something to consider, even though I don't personally recall hearing this at my interview.

Hey, just a word of encouragement for any wait listed folks. I'm a class of 2018 alumni and I got wait-listed at RVU originally, so don't despair quite yet you probably will get accepted somewhere. I was wait-listed at several schools and eventually got accepted at all but one of those schools. Obviously, I chose RVU and now I'm in residency. Good luck guys! Don't give up yet, its still super early in the application cycle

Reactions: 7 users
Will be withdrawing my application today. Hope my seat goes to one of you!

Rejected pre-II just now, disheartening :(

Anybody know where they are in their interview process or whether they have many left to go? Wondering if it's worth submitting an app at this point.

I have a friend who currently is a first-year, and he didn't submit until January but still got in. I think it helps if you're in-state but I'd say to go for it if its a school you could see yourself at!

Just had my interview here. It was my first one. Very conversational and low stress!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI to future interviewees.. Adcoms promised a 2 week turnaround for a decision w/ 84% acceptance rate so far this cycle. Deposits are $250 w/in 30 days of acceptance, $750 30 days later, and $1k by May. Interview was low stress.. kinda conversational but we’re definitely not hesitant to press on your answers.

Reactions: 5 users
II today at 1 am also. OOS, ORM, LM ~70. Extended family in CO. 4500 hours clinical experience (paid)

EDIT: looks like last interview dates in December are next week then they’re scheduling into Jan

Reactions: 3 users
II today at 1 am also. OOS, ORM, LM ~70. Extended family in CO. 4500 hours clinical experience (paid)

EDIT: looks like last interview dates in December are next week then they’re scheduling into Jan
Congrats! Did your status change on the portal too?

Just paid the first part of the deposit... why don't they take Discover or Amex? :rolleyes:

does anybody know what the testing schedule is like and how anatomy is set up? how many students to a tank?

does anybody know what the testing schedule is like and how anatomy is set up? how many students to a tank?

I believe they said it was 4 students to a cadaver. (I assume that's what you're talking about when you say 'tank' lol).

Reactions: 2 users
After much debate I am withdrawing my acceptance here. I loved this school but I love CA too much to leave lol. Good luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far!

Just withdrew my acceptance. This was a really TOUGH decision to make and I look forward to working with RVUCOM students in the future!

I'm a bit late on this, but I was pre-interview rejected - good luck to everyone as the cycle continues!

Primary Completed: 7/31
Secondary Offered: 8/19
Secondary Completed: Could not find, but I know it was only a couple/few days before the rejection (late due to personal emergency)
Rejected: 10/29

So, all the health documents and immunizations and background check are due thirty days after we pay the deposit right?

So, all the health documents and immunizations and background check are due thirty days after we pay the deposit right?

For students accepted from August 1, 2019 - November 30, 2019 - The process is required to be started by January 31, 2020.

For students accepted from December 1, 2019 - March 31, 2020 - The process is required to be started within 30 days of acceptance.

For students accepted after March 31, 2020 - The process is required to begin immediately.

The funny thing is that people accepted on December 1st have to start the process by December 30th, but those before December 1st don't have to start until January 31st :shrug:

Accepted!! Secondary complete 11/6, II on 11/27 and interviewed last week. Can't believe how fast the turn around was!

Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed 12/4.

Marked complete yesterday, rejection today. 510, 3.9 GPA, 4,600+ hours clinical experience (MA). OOS. Can't say I'm surprised with the other "higher" stat rejections from this school. Good luck to the rest of you!

Marked complete yesterday, rejection today. 510, 3.9 GPA, 4,600+ hours clinical experience (MA). OOS. Can't say I'm surprised with the other "higher" stat rejections from this school. Good luck to the rest of you!
This is interesting I have the same Stats and more clinical hours and I got the ii and Acceptance. So not sure about the "higher stat" rejections, Just another example of how this whole process makes no sense and seems random haha.

This is interesting I have the same Stats and more clinical hours and I got the ii and Acceptance. So not sure about the "higher stat" rejections, Just another example of how this whole process makes no sense and seems random haha.
They really love clinical hours! So that helps I'm sure. Do you have ties to Colorado? Congrats on your acceptance!

They really love clinical hours! So that helps I'm sure. Do you have ties to Colorado? Congrats on your acceptance!
No ties. I'm OOS as well, thats what makes it interesting haha. Not taking the acceptance I am going elsewhere. This whole process just really makes a whole lot of no sense.

Wow. Your stats are great and I am surprised you got rejected so fast. I was complete early Nov and haven’t heard anything from them. I have higher MCAT but much lower GPA too. This whole admission process is weird lol

Wow. Your stats are great and I am surprised you got rejected so fast. I was complete early Nov and haven’t heard anything from them. I have higher MCAT but much lower GPA too. This whole admission process is weird lol
It doesn't seem to make much sense! Good luck to you :)

II today! Received it late at night. I’m looking forward to interview with this school. However, I’m just a little concerned with the dress code. Do any current students have any opinions/input on this matter?

II today! Received it late at night. I’m looking forward to interview with this school. However, I’m just a little concerned with the dress code. Do any current students have any opinions/input on this matter?
When were you complete if you dont mind?

where are some places that students live? I've heard denver tech center. Are there any other areas that are relatively affordable?

Interview @ midnight today! OOS, ~63, ~5k clinical hours.

merry christmas!

where are some places that students live? I've heard denver tech center. Are there any other areas that are relatively affordable?

My SO (third year at RVU) and I (incoming first year) live in DTC and it's a good compromise because you are 20 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from campus, we also live right next to the light rail station (Belleview) so getting downtown or to the airport is super easy.

I did the MSBS program at RVU and drove to campus daily and it's an easy drive (~ 3 exits on I-25 South). The traffic in the afternoons can be annoying, but if you just spend an extra hour or two studying at school you can miss most of it.

What's nice is we haven't had to move in three years, DTC is centrally located so for my SO's third year rotations he has been relatively equidistant from sites downtown and in the South Denver suburbs (for his rural rotations in places like Kansas, the school has arranged for housing, he's in the Rural and Wilderness Medicine Honors Track). Also, DTC has tons of parks if you have dogs, and a high concentration of medical offices if you want to arrange shadowing.

Some of our friends live in places like Lone Tree, Littleton, and Parker. I've had a few friends live in downtown Denver, but one of them ended up moving to Parker because the traffic was too stressful in the mornings for exams.

Hope this helps, can't wait to meet you all in July! Congratulations!

Reactions: 4 users
Do most students here end up doing primary care? I am wondering about recent years and if students match into competitive specialties like ortho/gen surg

do you or anyone else know the difference between surgical categorical and surgical preliminary?

Some specialties require an intern year before you actually start your residency that you have to match into separately. You can do a medicine or surgical intern year.

I heard some things about high attrition rate? Can anyone or any current student clarify on why this may be?

So Thinking about withdrawing my II on jan 8th, Im already accepted to KCU, and I really loved the school (Im really surprised I got in to it.)
Just thought I would come here first and ask anyone if they chose RVU over KCU, and if so, why?

Interview invite 1/3. Interviewing 1/14 PM!

I am pretty big into skiing, I realize I would not have much time to ski anyway but the proximity to ski areas would be nice. However, I doubt I would ever go during the semester. Have any current students found a balance and been able to ski a weekend or two during school? And what have you liked most about the school?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my II, good luck to whoever gets it!

decided to go to KCU, felt like a better fit for me, just gonna have to get my skiing in on winter breaks!

Good luck everyone!