-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 South Florida
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
10/29 CORE, still nothingHas anyone else from the October interview dates not heard anything back yet? Specifically 10/22 CORE.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That really sucks. If your decisions got lost in the mail, they should at least shoot you an email or call to let you know your statusHas anyone else from the October interview dates not heard anything back yet? Specifically 10/22 CORE.
Same hereGot the decision letter today. Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/12 and letter is dated 02/12
all third year clerkships use shelf exams as part of the grade.
when I was an MS1/MS2 all preclinicals used a final exam with "nbme" questions but midterms were all homecooked
when I was an MS1/MS2 all preclinicals used a final exam with "nbme" questions but midterms were all homecooked
Does anyone know if USF uses Shelf Exams? @rufusthedog96 @attitudeofgratitude
Just had my interview here earlier today. Did a anyone else get a stress interview ? Mine was a full hour of loaded questions where he not only picked out any inconsistencies in my application, and made fun of them sometimes lol. But also asked follow up questions in an assertive tone, and would disagree with things I had to Say. It was an experience to say the least hahaha
Last edited:
I’m almost certain we had the same interviewer 😕 lolJust had my interview here earlier today. Did a anyone else get a stress interview ? Mine was a full hour of loaded questions where he not only picked out any inconsistencies in my application, and made fun of them sometimes lol. But also asked follow up questions in an assertive tone, and would disagree with things I had to Say. It was an experience to say the least hahaha
Just had my interview here earlier today. Did a anyone else get a stress interview ? Mine was a full hour of loaded questions where he not only picked out any inconsistencies in my application, and made fun of them sometimes lol. But also asked follow up questions in an assertive tone, and would disagree with things I had to Say. It was an experience to say the least hahaha
were you select or core? If select, then we definitely had the same interviewer and I almost walked out by the end
I would call the office if I were you. Instead of the main line, call the admissions advisor Michelle at 813-974-3396. I find that calling on Wed, Thurs or Friday works best. They usually interview on Mondays and Tuesdays so those days are not good days to get someone to answer the phone. At least she can check to see if your decision letter has been mailed. They only provide decisions via mail, not e-mail from what they said on interview day.Has anyone else from the October interview dates not heard anything back yet? Specifically 10/22 CORE.
Wait so they’re just not gonna tell you the decision or what?Spoke to her this morning. I interviewed 10/22 and she said last week the letter is likely lost. I asked for an update and she said there wasn’t one because they’re interviewing this week and ended the conversation. Makes me feel like it’s an R based on the vibes but I guess I’ll never know lmao
I’m sorry man that’s tough, good luck on your other Interviews!Good question. I imagine they will at some point but I have to emotionally let it go because it is making me feel a little dehumanized and I have other interviews to worry about
It was wild!! I kept myself very composed and continued to stand my ground and support myself . But I honestly couldn’t understand what was going on. And it was literally questions , drill style , for an entire hourI’m almost certain we had the same interviewer 😕 lol
Last edited:
I was interviewing for Core. And my other Interviewer would interrupt me during my answers on purpose . Did it multiple timeswere you select or core? If select, then we definitely had the same interviewer and I almost walked out by the end
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg I can't stop shaking.... I just got an acceptance call from Dr. Daniel after receiving the waitlist letter yesterday in the mail!! 11/12 CORE. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Last edited:
Congrats !! Looked like the stress interview went well!!Omg I can't stop shaking.... I just got an acceptance call from Dr. Daniel after receiving the waitlist letter yesterday in the mail!! 11/12 CORE 😍Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
dutapplepie
New Member
Same here!! Super confused haha but also excited!Omg I can't stop shaking.... I just got an acceptance call from Dr. Daniel after receiving the waitlist letter yesterday in the mail!! 11/12 CORE 😍Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Congrats! 😀 So confused as well lolSame here!! Super confused haha but also excited!
a lot of accepted people probably selected schools other than usf on the amcas tool today
I just got off the waitlist!!! I was put on it at the beginning of the cycle
Congrats! Did they email or call?
Toffy123
Full Member
They called meCongrats! Did they email or call?
11/12 Core. Just got the acceptance call after getting the waitlist letter 2 days ago!
Just got a call, but couldn't pick up as I am scribing right now. Neuroticism is at an all time high for me ATM. Interviewed 10/22 Core, Waitlisted December
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
New Member
Also accepted off the WL this morning. Interviewed 10/29
Got accepted off of WL this morning~ Interviewed sometime mid-October
Anyone from December hear back from core
I got an acceptance call too after being on the waitlist! I am SO excited! I love Florida and want to be around more Spanish speakers. It's such a beautiful city and I'm so ready for a change <3 <3 <3 <3Omg I can't stop shaking.... I just got an acceptance call from Dr. Daniel after receiving the waitlist letter yesterday in the mail!! 11/12 CORE. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions called my yesterday, said it was waaay early for the fb groupExcited to be going to school with you guys! Anybody have any luck joining the facebook group?
Does anyone know whether second look usually falls on a weekday or will it be on the weekend?
Does anyone know whether second look usually falls on a weekday or will it be on the weekend?
It’s April 9-10. So a Thursday to Friday
Awesome, thank you!It’s April 9-10. So a Thursday to Friday
I'm late reporting, but I was called Wednesday night and accepted. Interviewed 10/29 CORE, never got anything in the mail 👍
Anyone from December hear back from core
12/3 nothing yet
anyone still in complete silence since submitting their secondary ?
same hereanyone still in complete silence since submitting their secondary ?
Any accepted students willing to answer a few questions about the interview? My interview is coming up soon
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
New Member
any recently accepted students get any emails or mail about the acceptance?
Just got the second look email! See you all there 🙂
Is anybody looking for a roommate? I'm looking at either channelside or Ybor. More expensive than elsewhere in Tampa, but it's sort of looking like due to traffic/convenience, it might be worth the extra cost. With a roommate a decent place close to campus is in the neighborhood of $1000 a piece. In general looking for somebody who is serious about school but also laid back. I’m a guy and I have a dog.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anybody looking for a roommate? I'm looking at either channelside or Ybor. More expensive than elsewhere in Tampa, but it's sort of looking like due to traffic/convenience, it might be worth the extra cost. With a roommate a decent place close to campus is in the neighborhood of $1000 a piece. In general looking for somebody who is serious about school but also laid back.
I’m also going to be looking for a roommate soon but I would hold out until the facebook class page is made if you want to find someone who you could easily live with.
I’m also going to be looking for a roommate soon but I would hold out until the facebook class page is made if you want to find someone who you could easily live with.
Facebook page is up!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Facebook page is up!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Oh last time I checked there was only 1 person in it. Once it gets more people shouldn’t be too hard. The general consensus is that you can’t go wrong with living in someone of the apts in Channelside.
Anyone from 11/26 hear back? They told us by the end of February so I’m on the edge of my seat lol
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
New Member
how do we join?Facebook page is up!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN