2019-2020 South Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully they answer the phone today! I’d be really sad if it was an accident

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I already bought my flight and paid for lodging since the interview date I chose is literally on Tuesday. No takebacks USF!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I called and I was finally able to speak to someone regarding the email! She told me she would look into my file and call me back only if there were changes made (something about the system not being updated at the time we were on the phone). If my file had no changes, then I would not here from her. o_O

Reactions: 2 users
Update: I called and I was finally able to speak to someone regarding the email! She told me she would look into my file and call me back only if there were changes made (something about the system not being updated at the time we were on the phone). If my file had no changes, then I would not here from her. o_O
What does that mean? If an interview disappeared does that mean, we don’t have one?

What does that mean? If an interview disappeared does that mean, we don’t have one?
Honestly, I’m not so sure. Her response was very vague. I don’t want to call the office back for clarification because that will probably annoy them lol

ok WAIT. just got this email

"You may have received an e-mail yesterday inviting you to interview at the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine. Please be advised that the medical school admissions process is highly competitive and interview slots tend to fill up very quickly.

If you were unable to schedule your interview in the applicant portal, please be vigilant of your e-mail as we are working diligently to open additional slots."

I got the next step email yesterday, did NOT get an interview email yesterday. I am going insane.

Same! I'm super confused.

"You may have received an e-mail yesterday inviting you to interview at the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine. Please be advised that the medical school admissions process is highly competitive and interview slots tend to fill up very quickly.

If you were unable to schedule your interview in the applicant portal, please be vigilant of your e-mail as we are working diligently to open additional slots."

I got the next step email yesterday, did NOT get an interview email yesterday. I am going insane.
Got the same email just now.

Reactions: 1 user

+1

+1 I think this is a good sign, though.

I think next step was interview because when I first clicked on it they had An interview tab

Good news guys! Just got an II e-mail after freaking out about the "Activity e-mail" yesterday

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the official interview email!!!! Don’t lose hope!

Still no email haha I’m getting concerned now

Still no email haha I’m getting concerned now
I am sure your email will come later today or tomorrow. Remember, most of us were in the same situation before the most recent II email was sent out. Hang in there

Anyone who has already attended an interview know if USF is sticking with the high pass/pass/ etc grading scale going into the new year? Or if it will change anytime in the next few years?

Congratulations to those who received interviews!
Are you guys IS or OOS? Just curious bc Im an OOS applicant; I heard USF was somewhat OOS friendly...
They are well within my stats but I’ve had complete silence from them since submitting in early July.

Are you guys IS or OOS? Just curious bc Im an OOS applicant; I heard USF was somewhat OOS friendly...
They are well within my stats but I’ve had complete silence from them since submitting in early July.
IS submitted early August.

IS, completed 8/27

Does anyone know if there is like a social event the night before? Trying to figure it out before I buy a flight

Does anyone know if there is like a social event the night before? Trying to figure it out before I buy a flight
There was a PDF attached to your interview day confirmation that has all of the details. Some of the medical students offer hosting also.

• Love
I received the "take the next step email" two days ago, then yesterday received the "You may have received an e-mail yesterday inviting you to interview" email, but I have not received the official II email that some people are talking about. Anyone else in the same position? Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Finally got the interview email, so excited.

I received the "take the next step email" two days ago, then yesterday received the "You may have received an e-mail yesterday inviting you to interview" email, but I have not received the official II email that some people are talking about. Anyone else in the same position? Just trying to figure out what is going on.
Maybe check your spam folder? I actually did receive the “take the next steps” email before the II email, but it was within 30 min.

edit: Congrats!

Anyone who has already attended an interview know if USF is sticking with the high pass/pass/ etc grading scale going into the new year? Or if it will change anytime in the next few years?
It seems like they are planning to stick with it. Most of the students I talked to seemed happy with the system, and didn't feel like honors put too much added pressure on them.

How is the interview here? More high-stress or chill?

Does anyone have any advice for the interview?

Don’t book an Airbnb with Amastay. Currently still at TPA trying to find alternate accommodations because they took my money and went AWOL lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Don’t book an Airbnb with Amastay. Currently still at TPA trying to find alternate accommodations because they took my money and went AWOL lol.
There's a hilton on USF's medical/research-park campus. 3> min drive to the med school

There's a hilton on USF's medical/research-park campus. 3> min drive to the med school

The Airbnb support team is working on setting me up with another host, but if that doesn’t work out, I will definitely just stay there. I checked their availability earlier and they thankfully have open rooms.

Anyone know if USF will be releasing decisions tomorrow for people who interviewed in September?

Anyone know if USF will be releasing decisions tomorrow for people who interviewed in September?

According to last year’s thread and what was said during interview day, looks like it!

II complete 7/26

And with this I have unlocked all the Florida schools :alien:

Reactions: 7 users
My power level increases!!
Yep IS
Bro, you better be an immigrant from a war-torn country who lost his leg to a american land mine fighting as a child soldier who then went on to get a 520+, how else did you get 17 II's?

• Wow
  • Haha
Bro, you better be an immigrant from a war-torn country who lost his leg to a american land mine fighting as a child soldier who then went on to get a 520+, how else did you get 17 II's?

Only BATTLEFIELD I been to is the club when city girlz comes on

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users