2019-2020 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OK - so I called yesterday to ask because I was also under the assumption we would all hear back by 2/7, but apparently they weren't able to get through all of our files. Apparently, they had a meeting yesterday to discuss and will be updating us today... (hopefully)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you heard anything yet? I interviewed 1/25 as well and I still haven't heard anything.

I haven’t heard anything yet either, maybe today though because I think they release some decisions on Tuesdays. I didn’t interview 1/25 but my decision was supposed to be released with your guys results I think

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything yet either, maybe today though because I think they release some decisions on Tuesdays. I didn’t interview 1/25 but my decision was supposed to be released with your guys results I think
okay awesome, that makes me feel better! Good luck!

Hey All -- I am on the wait list. o_O
Just a few questions--if anyone one knows:
1. Does anyone know the likelihood a wait list person will ultimately get accepted?
2. Are the wait list people at some future point publicly ranked with a number?
3. When are we likely to start have wait list movement. Is it April 30th, or later
4. Do wait list people get selected AFTER the alternates?
Thank you for any clues. . . .:highfive:

Hey All -- I am on the wait list. o_O
Just a few questions--if anyone one knows:
1. Does anyone know the likelihood a wait list person will ultimately get accepted?
3. When are we likely to start have wait list movement. Is it April 30th, or later
Thank you for any clues. . . .:highfive:

Keep in mind this is from last year and I’m not sure if they have changed things, but I had a good friend on the alternate last year that was never offered a spot and I know another person who was accepted off alternate list The week before school started in August.

Usually pretty good but as I said some people aren’t offered acceptances

No, it’s not public but I believe you can call in and see where you are on the list in May.

Yes, most movement is then from what I remember, our last interview is in mid March I think so I would think alternate lists would start going out end of March with most happening in April/May/June/July

I don’t think they have given any waitlist spots out, only alternates. Alternate list is “their” waitlist. Last year there was a highly ranked waitlist of 25ish people that would have been given acceptances if there were spots for them (I think I this is what is happening in Pomona right now). In that case if there is a highly ranked waitlist, they will be offered acceptances BEFORE alternate list. In the waitlist email it clearly states you are highly ranked and there are few people on the list. The alternate list is much longer.

Hope that helps a little. Again can’t emphasize enough, if you love COMP-NW send a letter of intent and call Admissions monthly to keep them updated and let them know you are still interested in attending.

Keep in mind this is from last year and I’m not sure if they have changed things, but I had a good friend on the alternate last year that was never offered a spot and I know another person who was accepted off alternate list The week before school started in August.

Usually pretty good but as I said some people aren’t offered acceptances

No, it’s not public but I believe you can call in and see where you are on the list in May.

Yes, most movement is then from what I remember, our last interview is in mid March I think so I would think alternate lists would start going out end of March with most happening in April/May/June/July

I don’t think they have given any waitlist spots out, only alternates. Alternate list is “their” waitlist. Last year there was a highly ranked waitlist of 25ish people that would have been given acceptances if there were spots for them (I think I this is what is happening in Pomona right now). In that case if there is a highly ranked waitlist, they will be offered acceptances BEFORE alternate list. In the waitlist email it clearly states you are highly ranked and there are few people on the list. The alternate list is much longer.

Hope that helps a little. Again can’t emphasize enough, if you love COMP-NW send a letter of intent and call Admissions monthly to keep them updated and let them know you are still interested in attending.
THANK YOU. This is super helpful. Sure enough, you're absolutely correct, I see that I am an "alternate" not wait list person. Great insights & Fingers crossed!

My portal updated saying the class was full and I was placed on a waitlist...

Members don't see this ad :)
My portal updated saying the class was full and I was placed on a waitlist...
Same here. I'm assuming this waitlist is different from the alternate list?

Last edited:
So I’ve been complete since August. Sent a letter of interest in December at the advice of someone I spoke with in admissions, was emailed in January saying I was still on the pre-interview waitlist. At this point are they still interviewing? My portal hasn’t updated at all since the start of the cycle anyway so I’m pretty much flying blind.

So I’ve been complete since August. Sent a letter of interest in December at the advice of someone I spoke with in admissions, was emailed in January saying I was still on the pre-interview waitlist. At this point are they still interviewing? My portal hasn’t updated at all since the start of the cycle anyway so I’m pretty much flying blind.
It looks like you'd be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist or the alternate list at this point, but I think they do still interview through March or so.

Same here. I'm assuming this waitlist is different from the alternate list?

Yes I called and they confirmed this waitlist is a separate one from the alternate list. They said the people waitlisted were those the committee made the decision to accept but just don’t have seats for currently and didn’t want to make alternates. It’s what they did last year with the 20 waitlisted people who all ended up getting in

Yes I called and they confirmed this waitlist is a separate one from the alternate list. They said the people waitlisted were those the committee made the decision to accept but just don’t have seats for currently and didn’t want to make alternates. It’s what they did last year with the 20 waitlisted people who all ended up getting in
Oh sweet, thanks for the clarification. Best of luck!

And yet during interview they told us there is only one list, and it is not ranked.

In case anyone was wondering, I emailed admissions today to ask about my status and they told me the last day of interviews would be March 7th.

Congrats to all accepted! Does anybody know when there might be a Facebook group created for the class of 2024?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all accepted! Does anybody know when there might be a Facebook group created for the class of 2024?
I was told late Feb or early March by a current student. They like to wait until the class is mostly established so since the last interview date is in early March maybe by mid March they’ll make it. I hope soon!

Got a spot on their "Alternate" list, unsure about my chances but I sent a letter of intent, hopefully I can get some good news comes mid-March.

Does anyone know when we should expect to get financial aid info after we are accepted?

Attachments

• Financial Aid Interviewee Presentation.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 131
Would anyone be able to comment on how class rank reported? Is it reported in quintiles?

Would anyone be able to comment on how class rank reported? Is it reported in quintiles?

class rank is reported from 1 to however many people are in your class. You can be 1st or 104th in your class, just have to request your class rank from registrar, it’s not public information.

Lebanon has a separate rank then Pomona too, we are only ranked with the people on our campus.

Last edited:
class rank is reported from 1 to however many people are in your class. You can be 1st or 104th in your class, just have to request your class rank from registrar, it’s not public information.

Lebanon has a separate rank then Pomona too, we are only ranked with the people on our campus.
Thanks for the response. Is rank only internally tracked or is it disclosed to program directors?

Thanks for the response. Is rank only internally tracked or is it disclosed to program directors?

honestly, I don’t know that. Maybe @sprinter16 knows? I would think they would release that information if asked for it, but idk

Thanks for this info, I was curious. From my interview day it sounded like they don't rank us, which made me concerned since step 1 will no longer be scored. It sounds like we may be able to include our rank for residency applications?

Thanks for this info, I was curious. From my interview day it sounded like they don't rank us, which made me concerned since step 1 will no longer be scored. It sounds like we may be able to include our rank for residency applications?
In my experience, my interviewer explicitly told me they intend to keep an internal ranking and that both the pre-clinical and clinical grading system is essentially lettered. Honors/HP/P/LP/Fail is A/B/C/D/F.

As a third year I just actually had to request my class rank for an audition rotation. It is most definitely available so we are ranked within our cohort here in Lebanon. It’ll be even easier for you guys since we didn’t have high pass for my pre clinical years so your guys’ rank will be more accurate. If that makes sense.

Long story short, yes. You are ranked. It’s just not super obvious

As a third year I just actually had to request my class rank for an audition rotation. It is most definitely available so we are ranked within our cohort here in Lebanon. It’ll be even easier for you guys since we didn’t have high pass for my pre clinical years so your guys’ rank will be more accurate. If that makes sense.

Long story short, yes. You are ranked. It’s just not super obvious
Good info, thanks. The audition rotation has a cutoff or they just merely ask for it?

I was told late Feb or early March by a current student. They like to wait until the class is mostly established so since the last interview date is in early March maybe by mid March they’ll make it. I hope soon!

I'll bring it up in the next SGA about setting up the 2023-2024 connections page as well as contacting 2024 folks to start the page. Assuming this hasn't been done already.

I'll bring it up in the next SGA about setting up the 2023-2024 connections page as well as contacting 2024 folks to start the page. Assuming this hasn't been done already.
Nothing has been set up that I am aware of. We are all anxiously waiting for the FB page to be started.

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get into ISAC? How many get into this program? Is it an application or are people selected?

Does anyone know how difficult it is to get into ISAC? How many get into this program? Is it an application or are people selected?

3-4 students for 4-5 donor patients. The professor likes to keep the class small but usually the numbers are somewhere around there. The first step to get into the program is to email the professor expressing your interest. He keeps a list and depending on how many people express interest depends on what the next steps are.

3-4 students for 4-5 donor patients. The professor likes to keep the class small but usually the numbers are somewhere around there. The first step to get into the program is to email the professor expressing your interest. He keeps a list and depending on how many people express interest depends on what the next steps are.
Thanks for this information. I was told to wait until applications for ISAC come out. Are you able to PM me his contact information? I would like to express my interest.

Thanks for this information. I was told to wait until applications for ISAC come out. Are you able to PM me his contact information? I would like to express my interest.

Paging @snowcrawler85. They may be able to get you in contact faster since I'm not actually on campus.

Pomona has their 2024 facebook page up! none for our campus yet, though :(

Does anyone happen to know from years past how many people are usually on the "alternates" list,
and of those, what percentage eventually are accepted? :rolleyes:

Does anyone happen to know from years past how many people are usually on the "alternates" list,
and of those, what percentage eventually are accepted? :rolleyes:

yeah, I heard from a friend last year there was about 60 on alternate list and 25 on the highly ranked waitlist. I don’t know how many get accepted but I do know not everyone does. Can’t speak to chances because it changes every year, a lot of variables.

Best of luck

Thanks for the tag, been drowning in finals material. I sent the info forward
Hey dude, would you be able to send me the professor's contact info as well? Very interested the ISAC program. Any help is greatly appreciated.