2019-2020 Yale

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good reasons. I find it crazy that people just go down the list and apply to 20/20 top 20’s even if they’re in locations they don’t want to be, just to maximize their chances of attending a “top” school regardless of whether they’d actually be happy there. My location preference limits me to 15 schools and I’m completely okay with it
I'm ok living just about anywhere, but I understand why people have their preferences. Also, with your LM score, you can afford to be picky. Lol.
 
Good reasons. I find it crazy that people just go down the list and apply to 20/20 top 20’s even if they’re in locations they don’t want to be, just to maximize their chances of attending a “top” school regardless of whether they’d actually be happy there. My location preference limits me to 15 schools and I’m completely okay with it
Yale has unique aspects to them which may not be offered by top 100. They are very laid back and depend completely on honor system for shelf tests etc.
 
Not good enough. They are all so woke about everything except truly taking care of their own neighbors if they are not ensuring good schools for everyone.
I have heard that this is actually a huge problem people have with Yale.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not good enough. They are all so woke about everything except truly taking care of their own neighbors if they are not ensuring good schools for everyone.
And thus you see the dilemma of a non-trad applying to ivies.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my first time applying American so this may be a dumb question.... if someone was complete after you, and has received an II, is that bad news for you aha?
Not really. A lot of schools don’t review apps chronologically. They might stratify based on stats or minority status or other desirable characteristics. If you have higher stats and were complete earlier than someone who got an II, then you could think that they looked at your app but weren’t ready to give you an II. But that doesn’t mean you won’t get an II later on.
 
Not really. A lot of schools don’t review apps chronologically. They might stratify based on stats or minority status or other desirable characteristics. If you have higher stats and were complete earlier than someone who got an II, then you could think that they looked at your app but weren’t ready to give you an II. But that doesn’t mean you won’t get an II later on.
Ohhh okay that makes sense. Thank you for the insight I really appreciate it!
 
Hi everyone,
For yale's secondary, in Part 1 (activities listing). They include publications together with activities.
Can I put my more important (1st author) publications in the Activities/top part and then my other publications in their Awards part?
I would rather not lump them together as they were published in different disease areas.
I would put all your publications in the awards part, in order of importance. That’s what I did.

Just put the research position(s) in the activities part.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know if Yale is open to ITA emails? I’ll be 1.5 hour drive away flying from the other side of the country.

If so, what is preferred method (email vs uploading an update via portal)
 
Is it too late to apply here? LM of 71, no research and Latino. I pre-wrote this secondary and decided not too add it to my primary last minute. Having some regrets now.