Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iirc I asked and they said send to the general admissions office and they will forward it!Did anyone ask about their thank you note policy post-interview? Cool to send (email) directly to interviewers?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Iirc I asked and they said send to the general admissions office and they will forward it!Did anyone ask about their thank you note policy post-interview? Cool to send (email) directly to interviewers?
Iirc I asked and they said send to the general admissions office and they will forward it!
I'm sure that's fine as well!word, i ended up emailing my interviewers directly
Secondary submitted around 9/2. MCAt came in on 9/17.That's awesome! Was your completion date 9/18 due to a final LOR or is that when you submitted your secondary?
II as well! Complete 9/8.II as well omg
complete 7/27
What’s wrong with flying into New Haven?Don't fly into New Haven. Fly into LGA (or JFK/Newark..difficult to say which one's better on a given day), take a shuttle to Penn Station in NYC, then take the train from Penn Station to New Haven.
I was able to do it just fine!What’s wrong with flying into New Haven?
What’s wrong with flying into New Haven?
I was able to do it just fine!
That's true, but isn't NYC to New Haven a 2 hr train ride as well. Although the ticket is pretty cheap for that iirc? For me it was simpler to do the Haven airport, but I guess the cost effective is the NYC-train?Haven't interviewed at Yale, but I'm moving to the area soon, so I'm somewhat familiar with how to get there. You can fly into New Haven, but it typically costs a little more and involves a layover, whereas you can fly direct to NYC for a little cheaper. But you can compare prices and look at the cost of the train, etc.
90 minutes, but yeah. Total travel time will probably be about the same whether you do the layover in Philadelphia or the transfer to the train in NYC. But sometimes the NYC route is cheaper. Prices may also depend on the time of year, day of the week, etc.That's true, but isn't NYC to New Haven a 2 hr train ride as well. Although the ticket is pretty cheap for that iirc? For me it was simpler to do the Haven airport, but I guess the cost effective is the NYC-train?
90 minutes, but yeah. Totally commute time will probably be about the same whether you do the layover in Philadelphia or the transfer to the train in NYC. But sometimes the NYC route is cheaper. Prices may also depend on the time of year, day of the week, etc.
Don't fly into New Haven. Fly into LGA (or JFK/Newark..difficult to say which one's better on a given day), take a shuttle to Penn Station in NYC, then take the train from Penn Station to New Haven.
I would give them a range to work with.So I haven't scheduled this interview yet because getting there is turning out to be a big undertaking...I have read that the NYC schools are receptive to ITA updates. Do y'all think I could email those schools with a general range of dates I'll be in the area or will they want a specific date?
For the two ITAs I sent (they didn't exactly work out in my favor, but they were not to NYC schools, if it helps), I simply said that I had an interview at a nearby school on X date and asked if they could consider interviewing me around the same time, if I was fortunate enough to interview at their school.So I haven't scheduled this interview yet because getting there is turning out to be a big undertaking...I have read that the NYC schools are receptive to ITA updates. Do y'all think I could email those schools with a general range of dates I'll be in the area or will they want a specific date?
ok, I would recommend not mentioning any interview to anyone. Just say I will be in that area in [....], if I am offered an interview, is it possible for the school to accommodate me. Make it simple and NOT showy.For the two ITAs I sent (they didn't exactly work out in my favor, but they were not to NYC schools, if it helps), I simply said that I had an interview at X nearby school on Y date and asked if they could consider interviewing me around the same time, if I was fortunate enough to interview at their school.
Oops, I didn't actually mention the names of the nearby schools, but I did mention I was going to be there for another interview. I think it is important to be able to demonstrate that you are actually going to be in the area, and for a good reason. But YMMV.ok, I would recommend not mentioning any interview to anyone. Just say I will be in that area in [....], if I am offered an interview, is it possible for the school to accommodate me. Make it simple and NOT showy.
If you are going to send an ITA, they should be understanding of the fact you are interviewing elsewhere and that it isn't showy imo. Many schools might want to know why you are there as proof you really will be there. Other interviews provide that. Just be honest is my opinion.ok, I would recommend not mentioning any interview to anyone. Just say I will be in that area in [....], if I am offered an interview, is it possible for the school to accommodate me. Make it simple and NOT showy.
Name dropping is a no no.Oops, I didn't actually mention the names of the nearby schools, but I did mention I was going to be there for another interview. I think it is important to be able to demonstrate that you are actually going to be in the area, and for a good reason. But YMMV.

Yeah, I didn't do that.Name dropping is a no no.
+1 LOLAnyone else just get that super fun “consider Yale” email? I’m way too realistic to even consider making that donation.![]()
Anyone else just get that super fun “consider Yale” email? I’m way too realistic to even consider making that donation.![]()
I’m trying to be realistic and hopeful at the same time. besides, what’s a couple hundred dollars more for another secondary?Anyone else just get that super fun “consider Yale” email? I’m way too realistic to even consider making that donation.![]()
A lot, fam, ya girl is broke!I’m trying to be realistic and hopeful at the same time. besides, what’s a couple hundred dollars more for another secondary?
I had a crying emoji, but it apparently didn’t go through lol. I completely feel your pain. I’m broke. HahaA lot, fam, ya girl is broke!
Edit: I’ve also been done with essays since early-mid August, I don’t think I can write another essay at this stage. I’m all dried up.

You KNOW they had a budget meeting this morning, brainstorming some revenue ideas, and someone was like “... why don’t we send out an email to trick some schmucks into giving us $100?”Can’t help but wonder if they’re just trying to get some more of that sweet sweet secondary money![]()
Trying to raise that free tuition fundYou KNOW they had a budget meeting this morning, brainstorming some revenue ideas, and someone was like “... why don’t we send out an email to trick some schmucks into giving us $100?”
If they want to take me just because I’m poor or “economically disadvantaged”, I’m okay with it 😉I'm curious if they sent that email to applicants that were listed under AMCAS as economically disadvantaged since the email was basically all about financial aid. My MCAT closer to their 10th percentile, and my GPA isn't even within their 10th percentile and I got the email so this just AIN'T RIGHT.
Congrats!!
It's looking grim for us silenced folks I guess :/
A damn shame because I really wanted a chance here
State school and BU. I tried to kill it at both because the silence from other schools is not sitting easy at this point...I guess I should have applied to more schools!
Congratulations. How was BU interview? Any feedback?State school and BU. I tried to kill it at both because the silence from other schools is not sitting easy at this point...I guess I should have applied to more schools!
Not sure if you know but how late do they conduct interviews? I notice someone on here said they are already scheduling in JanHello everyone,
Yale MS3 here almost done with clerkships. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have about Yale or med school in general. I haven't posted in one of these threads in a while.
Not sure if you know but how late do they conduct interviews? I notice someone on here said they are already scheduling in Jan
What do you think separates Yale from other schools of similar caliber?Hello everyone,
Yale MS3 here almost done with clerkships. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have about Yale or med school in general. I haven't posted in one of these threads in a while.
How do you like living in New Haven?Hello everyone,
Yale MS3 here almost done with clerkships. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have about Yale or med school in general. I haven't posted in one of these threads in a while.
How do you like living in New Haven?
What do you think separates Yale from other schools of similar caliber?
How did you like having optional exams? Did you feel comfortable with your knowledge base or were you always wondering if you really knew the content? Did you feel way behind when starting step 1 studying? I'm trying to get a sense of how I'd handle the whole yale system if I were to attend
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.