2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how do they view multiple mcat scores and should i offer an explanation for why my first score was much lower than my second if it was due to unique circumstances? i dont know if it's better to say nothing or say the reason bc it makes sense why my first is very low and my second is more accurate

Members don't see this ad.

If you look at prior year histories, there may be several in state acceptances coming soon, if the class size is 120.

how do they view multiple mcat scores and should i offer an explanation for why my first score was much lower than my second if it was due to unique circumstances? i dont know if it's better to say nothing or say the reason bc it makes sense why my first is very low and my second is more accurate
I don’t think they will see it negatively, my initial score was a 492 and the second score a 506, and still got accepted. They see your progress and really admire resilience.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think they will see it negatively, my initial score was a 492 and the second score a 506, and still got accepted. They see your progress and really admire resilience.
did you provide any details on your mcat scores? the difference btw the two? did they ask?

If you look at prior year histories, there may be several in state acceptances coming soon, if the class size is 120.
Yes. It looked like at least 30 more in state acceptances if not 40? Of course, that's assuming they still do the 50/50 is/oos ratio.

Same for me, I agree. I was 495 to 506 & admitted as well!

I just got pre-interview rejected from the Pathway Scholars Program (the SMP).

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I just got pre-interview rejected from the Pathway Scholars Program (the SMP).
I am so sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get an acceptance and would not need the program. Sending you tones of good vibes.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else super in love with this school but trying not to get their hopes up because their VITA was absolute trash?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else super in love with this school but trying not to get their hopes up because their VITA was absolute trash?
+1 Was/am super hopeful. Everyone here seemed so enthusiastic about being at UACOM-Phoenix. Also, the dean stayed for every presentation the entire interview day. That didn't happen at any of my other interviews. This is the only school I interviewed at that made any attempts to give students downtime between difficult learning blocks. They also have amazing mental health support. This is SO important.

Totally off topic for this page, but this past week, a friend at another school said she had already used up her allotted psychology/therapy visits. It is 3 weeks before the end of M2, and they put her on academic probation. She had passed every other block. Considering how INSANE this year has been, you would think her school would have taken the 'cap' off of mental health visits? I totally get putting students on academic probation, but then to leave them without support.... It can literally take months before you can get into an off campus therapist.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So the next day that deferred students can hear a decision is this Monday, March 15. Do you all think this is probably the final day for decisions? Either A/R/WL? It seems to be getting pretty late in the cycle to continue kicking the can down the road.

So the next day that deferred students can hear a decision is this Monday, March 15. Do you all think this is probably the final day for decisions? Either A/R/WL? It seems to be getting pretty late in the cycle to continue kicking the can down the road.
Yep I think that is a reasonable guess. I would estimate that ~15 more acceptances would go out on Monday, which has been the typical number for decision days recently. Everyone else will be WL (or stay deferred?) or receive an R. From there I would expect about 50-70 applicants to be pulled off the waitlist from late April to early June as accepted applicants withdraw their applications.

There is another decision date on March 22nd. Our VAVD was Feb 23

There is another decision date on March 22nd. Our VAVD was Feb 23
Lol if they tell me they’re so stuck on a decision that they need another week just to waitlist me, I swear...

• Haha
Yep I think that is a reasonable guess. I would estimate that ~15 more acceptances would go out on Monday, which has been the typical number for decision days recently. Everyone else will be WL (or stay deferred?) or receive an R. From there I would expect about 50-70 applicants to be pulled off the waitlist from late April to early June as accepted applicants withdraw their applications.
Only 15? Ahhhh

is it weird that I haven't heard anything from this school yet? Are they done sending out interviews?

good luck to anyone waiting to hear today. Sending all of you good vibes.

• Care
Does everyone get a call or if we aren’t accepted do we get an email today ?

me trying to see if my state lit up on the admissions tracker on their site but it hasn’t been updated yet

Last edited:

me trying to see if my state lit up on the admissions tracker on their site but it hasn’t been updated yet
They call for acceptances and email for deferral/WL/rejection!

Normally the tracker will not update until a few days after the decisions are released. Hope that helps so you don't have to keep checking all day.

Edit: Also, that map next to the tracker does not reflect the admissions for this cycle. It has not changed throughout the entire cycle and I have been accepted since Nov and my state is not lit up.

Last edited:

You only get a call if accepted. will prbably get an email around 4:30 if rejected/deferral

Since its already noon AZ time, I'm guessing they're probably done for the day? Man, four months since my VAVD, this is getting brutal.

I just got off the phone with Dr. Fogerty so they’re not quite done with A calls yet today

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone get the email yet? I didn't get anything at all from them today.......

The last decision day will actually be 4/5 for the VAVD attendees on 3/9, which was the last of the cycle.

I think they did forget to send the email. (For 2/9 interviewees). I emailed this morning, when there still wasn't any news in my email inbox to see what's up. As soon as I hear back I will let the thread know. Thanks ya'll!