You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got 8 emails!HI all. Just wanted to check in. Any word? Nothing on my end
#WaitGang
Just got 8 emails!
AYEEEE. Congrats! Insane wait but good to know. Hopefully i get mine tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got 8 emails!
Nothing today. SMH
wpneuro
Full Member
HI all. Just wanted to check in. Any word? Nothing on my end
#WaitGang
Joining in with the same, got that "primary under review" email on 8/25 and nothing else! Hopefully they get back to us soon ㅠㅠ
Still haven't gotten a secondary... it almost been a whole month...
Oh man I thought my current wait of a week was long :/ are they just that behind? When should we inquire about it?Still haven't gotten a secondary... it almost been a whole month...
For what it's worth, I was verified and ready on 7/10 and only got their secondary 8/4. I emailed them about it since I hadn't been sure at the time if there was some way it'd gone to spam and I'd missed it, but they told me my app was under initial review. I wouldn't worry about it too much, although up to you if you want to reach out.Oh man I thought my current wait of a week was long :/ are they just that behind? When should we inquire about it?
Thanks so much. I don't want to be a bother of course- but I was under the impression everyone who met their MCAT requirements received a secondary? Is that their initial review?For what it's worth, I was verified and ready on 7/10 and only got their secondary 8/4. I emailed them about it since I hadn't been sure at the time if there was some way it'd gone to spam and I'd missed it, but they told me my app was under initial review. I wouldn't worry about it too much, although up to you if you want to reach out.
D
deleted1062667
MSAR says that secondaries are sent to all "Applicants with US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and who have a MCAT test score of at least 495 recorded between January 2018 and September 28, 2020."Thanks so much. I don't want to be a bother of course- but I was under the impression everyone who met their MCAT requirements received a secondary? Is that their initial review?
Yeah that's why I wasn't that worried. Not sure what was in their initial review for me, but I have a balanced MCAT score that wouldn't have been filtered out by that aloneThanks so much. I don't want to be a bother of course- but I was under the impression everyone who met their MCAT requirements received a secondary? Is that their initial review?
MSAR says that secondaries are sent to all "Applicants with US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and who have a MCAT test score of at least 495 recorded between January 2018 and September 28, 2020."
Yup which is why I am curious what "further" review do we need if we meet the screen? I am an IS re-applicant and last cycle it came in automatically and already have all my LORs on my AMCAS...As a re-applicant and top choices for med schools as an in-state resident, timing is everything. So I hope WE dont suffer for THEIR delay with regards to the timing of our candidacy?
Yup which is why I am curious what "further" review do we need if we meet the screen? I am an IS re-applicant and last cycle it came in automatically and already have all my LORs on my AMCAS...As a re-applicant and top choices for med schools as an in-state resident, timing is everything. So I hope WE dont suffer for THEIR delay with regards to the timing of our candidacy?
Update. I emailed them and got reply that everything on my end is good and ready for the next step, however, they are sending out secondaries on a schedule and hopefully I get mine next week.
Doctopus1357
Full Member
Just received the 8 emails for the secondary! My primary was verified about a month ago and I received their "under review" email on 8/25. If you have been waiting awhile for the secondary, check your email!
I also just received my secondary! Verified 8/12 and received their email on 8/25.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
ii just now, out of state, ORM
D
deleted1062667
Nice!!! Completed date?
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
7/14, has anyone thats interviewed attended a VAVD? what is that like? I'm confused is there any sort of traditional or MMI formated interview?Nice!!! Completed date?
captainswan
Full Member
7/14, has anyone thats interviewed attended a VAVD? what is that like? I'm confused is there any sort of traditional or MMI formated interview?
The VAVD is a nice, structured day where the admissions staff give several presentations over Zoom about the school. It’s basically everything you would do at their normal in-person interview day besides the interview itself. There’s no traditional interview or MMI - they’re exclusively using VITA for their interview.
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
Thank you and good luck!The VAVD is a nice, structured day where the admissions staff give several presentations over Zoom about the school. It’s basically everything you would do at their normal in-person interview day besides the interview itself. There’s no traditional interview or MMI - they’re exclusively using VITA for their interview.
II complete 8/12, OOS, ORM
Photon2419
Full Member
congrats! stats?II complete 8/12, OOS, ORM
Thanks. LM 78congrats! stats?
For the prereqs, it's confusing. For example, the first chemistry box says "1 Biochemistry," but then says "Minimum Grades 2" ...so... do I put only my first biochemistry course down, or both first and second biochemistry courses down since it says "Minimum Grades 2?"
Update. I emailed them and got reply that everything on my end is good and ready for the next step, however, they are sending out secondaries on a schedule and hopefully I get mine next week.
Nothing so far, sadly. Maybe they’re sending out secondaries in batches or something? Tuesday marks two weeks since their email, so hoping to receive something by then.
Just got 8 emails!
Joining in with the same, got that "primary under review" email on 8/25 and nothing else! Hopefully they get back to us soon ㅠㅠ
Update #WaitGang. Finally got the secondary (8 emails). Guess I aint drinking this Friday night. Smh.
Primary Verified 8/12
Under Review for Secondary 8/25
Secondary 9/11
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
I would just put down 2, better put more then less in my opinion. Or call them and ask!For the prereqs, it's confusing. For example, the first chemistry box says "1 Biochemistry," but then says "Minimum Grades 2" ...so... do I put only my first biochemistry course down, or both first and second biochemistry courses down since it says "Minimum Grades 2?"
I would just put down 2, better put more then less in my opinion. Or call them and ask!
I ended up with just going with 1 course since it seemed more like what they were asking. I tried calling, but no answers.
So I'm applying with basically no research, does this basically bar me from an II?
D
deleted1062667
No
So I'm applying with basically no research, does this basically bar me from an II?
PlzLetMeIntoMedSchool363
Full Member
For those that attended a VAVD session, were there plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the program? also are their current students on this thread who can answer questions about the program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was a decent amount of time left after most presentations to ask questions! Sometimes they ran out of time to answer everyone’s questions though so if you do have something to ask I would try let them know right away after the presentation to make sure they get to you. The mixer the night before was also really useful for asking questions to current students.For those that attended a VAVD session, were there plenty of opportunities to ask questions about the program? also are their current students on this thread who can answer questions about the program?
Doctopus1357
Full Member
Is there any way to check the status of your application after submitting the secondary, or do we just wait for an email update? I can login with the AAMC liaison portal but don't see any way to check a status. Thanks!
D
deleted1062667
There isn't a way to check the status. However, the did just update their website to indicate that they have offered 88 interviews.Is there any way to check the status of your application after submitting the secondary, or do we just wait for an email update? I can login with the AAMC liaison portal but don't see any way to check a status. Thanks!
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1040408
They have offered 88 TOTAL interviewsThere isn't a way to check the status. However, the did just update their website to indicate that they have offered 88 IS interviews.
Does anyone know if we will be evaluated during the VAVD?
Last edited:
Secondary submitted!
AMCAS Verified 8/12
Secondary Received 9/11.
Secondary submitted just now. 9/24.
IS.
Waitgang lets gooooooooo
AMCAS Verified 8/12
Secondary Received 9/11.
Secondary submitted just now. 9/24.
IS.
Waitgang lets gooooooooo
Woohoo! Though I'm surprised it took you so long to get a secondary considering you are IS!Secondary submitted!
AMCAS Verified 8/12
Secondary Received 9/11.
Secondary submitted just now. 9/24.
IS.
Waitgang lets gooooooooo
D
deleted1062667
Just today?!II! OOS LM 72, Complete 8/10
fullofbeanz
Full Member
My very first II. OOS (but connected to school thru a friend) LM 77.5, complete 8/20. Received an hour ago.
Woohoo! Though I'm surprised it took you so long to get a secondary considering you are IS!
YUP! Trust me that I felt the same. I was in contact with Admissions tho and told me to HODL since 8/25.
D
deleted1062667
Anybody get an IS II since September 10?
Sooo glad I'm not alone in submitting today! I wondered if it was too late. It really sounds like it isn't and things are going slowly here.Secondary submitted!
AMCAS Verified 8/12
Secondary Received 9/11.
Secondary submitted just now. 9/24.
IS.
Waitgang lets gooooooooo
Sooo glad I'm not alone in submitting today! I wondered if it was too late. It really sounds like it isn't and things are going slowly here.
It is. It isnt our fault it took a while for them to get back to us. I had the secondary for less than 2 weeks. I think they are behind and working in batches.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1062667
II Tracker Updated: As of today, they have sent 46 IS and 86 OOS II. Assuming they interview the same number of people as last year, that is 25.5% IS and 45.7% of OOS II they will send.
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary lol? AMCAS verified before transmission to med schools
OOSIS or OOS?
Agreed, especially if you were verified in July. It took 2 weeks as OOS to hear back from them and I was verified at the end of August.Honestly, that seems kinda weird. As long as you meet their GPA/MCAT requirements, I would email them.