-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Also attended 9/22 and did not get an email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I haven’t heard anything either, I presume the emails are going out in batches or something.
let me in pls
Full Member
9/1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
I havent gotten the email message either and did get a reply to my thank you email.I attended the 9/22 VAVD and I have not received an email. However, I did get a follow-up email to my thank you message. Not sure if that means anything
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
Same here.. interviewed 9/22...no email.Also attended 9/22 and did not get an email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
happygoose
Full Member
when was your VAVD?got an email... that the date they will communicate decisions in 10/19
Racheal in the admin office is an angel btw
Quantum2021
New Member
Just had a quick question. I have been seeing "VAVD" in this thread and I dont seem to know what it is. If anyone could answer that for me that would be great! Thank you
It stands for Virtual Applicant Visit Day. U of A - Phoenix is using VITA supplemented with this visit day for their interview experience. You can learn more on their website: Interview Day | The University of Arizona College of Medicine – PhoenixJust had a quick question. I have been seeing "VAVD" in this thread and I dont seem to know what it is. If anyone could answer that for me that would be great! Thank you
D
deleted1062667
The optional thing on Monday is casual but the VAVD on Tuesday is formal.Is the pre-interview zoom formal attire or casual?
D
deleted1040408
any idea when 9/22 and 10/6 VAVD people will have their decisions?
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
Really hoping for today...good or bad. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone and to my 9/22 peeps especially!any idea when 9/22 and 10/6 VAVD people will have their decisions?
When should we receive our zoom links for the VAVD and the causal thing the day before? I still haven't received them.
D
deleted1073160
When should we receive our zoom links for the VAVD and the causal thing the day before? I still haven't received them.
I have not received mine either! I’m thinking it will probably be in next couple hours
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1073160
For people who already interviewed, the mixer was business casual?
It was advertised as being casual, but in reality most people wore something closer to business casual.For people who already interviewed, the mixer was business casual?
yeetyeetx1000
New Member
No calls today?
D
deleted1062667
Congratulations!!!Received a phone call from Dr. Fogerty about an hour ago! 🙂 Still in shock tbh. IS, LM 73. Good luck to all of you!
Thank you so much! Hopefully you all hear some good news today as well. 🙂Congratulations!!!
D
deleted1040408
Received a phone call from Dr. Fogerty about an hour ago! 🙂 Still in shock tbh. IS, LM 73. Good luck to all of you!
congrats! when was your VAVD?
Thank you, I appreciate it!! My VAVD was on 9/1.congrats! when was your VAVD?
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!Thank you so much! Hopefully you all hear some good news today as well. 🙂
D
deleted1040408
Also, received a call! IS!
just now? or this morning?
captainswan
Full Member
Just got an email notifying me my app is still under consideration. Next update on Nov 2
D
deleted1062667
When was your VAVD?Just got an email notifying me my app is still under consideration. Next update on Nov 2
captainswan
Full Member
9/1 (the first VAVD date)When was your VAVD?
D
deleted1040408
congrats to all those accepted! seems as if 11/2 is the next date of updates so maybe 9/22 VAVD folks will hear then?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rip 10/6 folks
+1 on this emailJust got an email notifying me my app is still under consideration. Next update on Nov 2
Thanks for the reply. I sent an email earlier in the day and just got sent a new link for the right meeting date; good thing I tested and asked!It's probably a repeating meeting. Just try it out when the meeting actually starts and you can call admissions if it doesn't work.
I wish they differentiated between primaries and secondaries submitted
D
deleted1040408
Seems like it's every other Monday, so most likely the 2ndFor anyone that was at today's VAVD, when was the next day that we could hear back? I wasn't sure if it was the second or the seventh.
Just got an email from admissions for the personalized applicant portal! Assuming all VAVD attendees got this?
D
deleted1062667
I got it as well.Just got an email from admissions for the personalized applicant portal! Assuming all VAVD attendees got this?
average_guy15
Full Member
Any 9/22 VAVD folks also not getting these email updates?Just got an email notifying me my app is still under consideration. Next update on Nov 2
D
deleted1008763
For anyone that was at today's VAVD, when was the next day that we could hear back? I wasn't sure if it was the second or the seventh.
I know someone already responded with the 2nd, but I thought I heard Dr. Fogerty say 12/7 was the earliest we could hear back.
Last edited by a moderator:
I know someone already responded with the 2nd, but I thought I heard Dr. Fogerty say 12/7 was the earliest we could hear back.
December 7th is what I heard as well!
Yep I'm right there with ya. I don't understand how it's not uniform.Any 9/22 VAVD folks also not getting these email updates?
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
II just now!! LM 74.5, complete 7/29. OOS but attended UA (Tucson) for undergrad so I'm very excited! Just took VITA for another school like an hour ago though and it was a little rough at times so I hope they go easy on us lol
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Thank you! Yes, that's the date they gave me. It's a little hard to tell from the previous posts in this thread, when did they say we should hear back after the VAVD about admissions decisions?Congratulations! You should be attending the next VAVD on 11/3, so make sure you clear your calendar!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thunderstorm1824
Full Member
Ayyy my friend from the VCU thread! Congrats!II! Complete email received on 8/12, OOS
Thanks. How long was your VAVD from start to finish? Wondering if I need to reschedule mineThere's no interview other than VITA. So you can relax during your VAVD. You will get more information a few days before VAVD, but it's just info sessions about financial aid, curriculum, Phoenix, etc.
Quantum2021
New Member
Hello everyone. Is there a way to check the status of your application. I submitted the secondary in July and havn't heard back. Im an IS applicant. Thank you all and I hope you are all staying safe and healthy and gettin those A's!
Ayyy my friend from the VCU thread! Congrats!
Haha congrats to you too! At this point, I think we're going to end up at the same school haha