2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i don’t think IIs go out on weekends though?
They can. They might do an automatic release of a batch on any given day. Obviously, it's all just speculation but they pretty clearly said that interviews are next Friday. Given that it is virtual, it might come out on Monday and they could give you the option to do Friday or later if that date doesn't work out for you.

Either way, we're getting close!
 
They can. They might do an automatic release of a batch on any given day. Obviously, it's all just speculation but they pretty clearly said that interviews are next Friday. Given that it is virtual, it might come out on Monday and they could give you the option to do Friday or later if that date doesn't work out for you.

Either way, we're getting close!

I’d be pretty frustrated if they gave me that short of notice.. I have to give at least 2 weeks notice to get time off work
 
With the first MMI being on Friday (August 21st), I still can't believe that no one has gotten interview invites yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe the 21st date is when the first IIs first go out... I guess these next few days will tell us
Maybe the 21st date is when the first IIs first go out... I guess these next few days will tell us

I thought the same but the email above clearly states starts friday 😛

We shall see... Maybe tomorrow... or the next day.... or the next day... or the next day (Funny spongebob joke)
 
When is the first day of classes? Their website doesn't have a working academic calendar.
 
Hi everyone! Our interview cycle will be completely virtual this year. You will be given plenty of notice when invited for an interview. We anticipate our interviews to start in the next month. We have run into some technical difficulties with our developer so some interview dates have been pushed back, hence why no one has received an interview invite. Please email us if you have any questions. We are out of the office and do not have access to the office phone or voicemail so email is the best way to contact us: [email protected]

Have a great day!
 
Hi everyone! Our interview cycle will be completely virtual this year. You will be given plenty of notice when invited for an interview. We anticipate our interviews to start in the next month. We have run into some technical difficulties with our developer so some interview dates have been pushed back, hence why no one has received an interview invite. Please email us if you have any questions. We are out of the office and do not have access to the office phone or voicemail so email is the best way to contact us: [email protected]

Have a great day!
thanks for the communication! always nice!
 
For the secondary question, "Please share a meaningful experience you have had working or volunteering in the health professional field or a time in your past in which you were responsible for the care and well-being of someone else. What did you learn from this as it relates to becoming a physician?" I can talk about my experiences scribing, but I wasn't physically caring for the patient, the doctor was, and I was just charting about it....or.... I could talk about my experiences in a free clinic, where I actually talked with patients a lot, took vitals, charted (however, I still wasn't exactly providing care), and then I would brief the physician and invite him in. What do you think?
 
For the secondary question, "Please share a meaningful experience you have had working or volunteering in the health professional field or a time in your past in which you were responsible for the care and well-being of someone else. What did you learn from this as it relates to becoming a physician?" I can talk about my experiences scribing, but I wasn't physically caring for the patient, the doctor was, and I was just charting about it....or.... I could talk about my experiences in a free clinic, where I actually talked with patients a lot, took vitals, charted (however, I still wasn't exactly providing care), and then I would brief the physician and invite him in. What do you think?

The question asks about a time when you were “working or volunteering in the healthcare field”. Scribing and volunteering at clinic both seem to fit that criteria
 
The question asks about a time when you were “working or volunteering in the healthcare field”. Scribing and volunteering at clinic both seem to fit that criteria
Thank you! While both experiences are in the healthcare field, I was not sure if they were wanting me to talk about how I was being responsible for the care of a patient.
 
Thank you! While both experiences are in the healthcare field, I was not sure if they were wanting me to talk about how I was being responsible for the care of a patient.

Since it says “or” I believe you’re good with either of those example! The second half of the question about caring for others is probably for people with limited or no clinical experience. I wrote about scribing as well
 
Since it says “or” I believe you’re good with either of those example! The second half of the question about caring for others is probably for people with limited or no clinical experience. I wrote about scribing as well
Awesome, I was thinking this as well, but wanted a second opinion, thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when does everyone think IIs will be sent out?
Read the announcement from the admissions office earlier in this thread.

"Hi everyone! Our interview cycle will be completely virtual this year. You will be given plenty of notice when invited for an interview. We anticipate our interviews to start in the next month. We have run into some technical difficulties with our developer so some interview dates have been pushed back, hence why no one has received an interview invite. Please email us if you have any questions. We are out of the office and do not have access to the office phone or voicemail so email is the best way to contact us: [email protected]

Have a great day!"
 
Hey! Does anybody know if they accept pre-reqs from the UC Extensions? Figured I'd tap into the community before writing to ask them. I'm a non-trad non-science major who loves this school, so I'm doing what I can to piece together all the pre-reqs before next summer in case I get lucky this year 🙂
 
Hey! Does anybody know if they accept pre-reqs from the UC Extensions? Figured I'd tap into the community before writing to ask them. I'm a non-trad non-science major who loves this school, so I'm doing what I can to piece together all the pre-reqs before next summer in case I get lucky this year 🙂
Yes, they will accepted it.

"[A]ll prerequisite courses must be taken at an accredited college or university within the United States or Canada."

 
Maybe more OOS students aren't applying because of their new required prereq classes for this year?
No, they just forgot to include the "0" for OOS applicants. The total applications are 5365 and IS is 548. That leaves 5087 OOS. For anyone that is curious, so far they have gotten 71% of last year's IS and 66% of last year's OOS applications. So perhaps less OOS are applying because of the requirements, but it only appears to be 5% less so far (compared to IS).
 
No, they just forgot to include the "0" for OOS applicants. The total applications are 5365 and IS is 548. That leaves 5087 OOS. For anyone that is curious, so far they have gotten 71% of last year's IS and 66% of last year's OOS applications. So perhaps less OOS are applying because of the requirements, but it only appears to be 5% less so far (compared to IS).
I definitely didn't look at the total number of applications haha!
 
Would research be considered non-academic? Trying to find a good response to the failure question. My research was a paid summer internship not for school credit or anything
 
Would research be considered non-academic? Trying to find a good response to the failure question. My research was a paid summer internship not for school credit or anything

If you have anything better, I would go with that - research is technically non-academic since it's not for a class or credit, but when they ask for non-academic, I figure they're looking for something a bit farther off than research. Something you did for a club or some other extracurricular? A time miscommunication led to misunderstandings? Not that research failures aren't failures, but there should be other options! 😊
 
If you have anything better, I would go with that - research is technically non-academic since it's not for a class or credit, but when they ask for non-academic, I figure they're looking for something a bit farther off than research. Something you did for a club or some other extracurricular? A time miscommunication led to misunderstandings? Not that research failures aren't failures, but there should be other options! 😊

Thank you!! I’m going to keep thinking on it for awhile!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad