2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the waitlist email. Finally glad to hear something.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted as well! Hoping for some movement!

Sorry to hear about all the R's.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on that post interview R. :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Mmm got that tasty hard R in the inbox. Looks like this old man is off to Phoenix!

My best to the Tucson crew, and may the WL shake out nicely for those still waiting!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got that post-interview invite R. I'm OOS, but I had some ties to the area and loved the feel of the school. It looks like I'm off to the East Coast for med school! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Care
Got waitlisted probably giving up my spot given that I have been accepted to some other MD programs. Good luck everyone!

Got the R (second time receiving an R from U of A). I’m off to Houston, luckily.

To those without any acceptances this year, I understand the pain. You’re all worthy of an acceptance to medical school. Kick some ass next cycle.

Post II R for me as well. Feeling down because it was my state school and only MD interview.

I also got the R today. Super bummed but onto the next! Best of luck to you all!

Mmm got that tasty hard R in the inbox. Looks like this old man is off to Phoenix!

My best to the Tucson crew, and may the WL shake out nicely for those still waiting!
Got rejected as well...Phoenix here I come!!! I think it is probably for the best. Hopefully we get to be classmates.

Post-II R after many long months. ORM, IS and only have ties to this state, and kinda shocked to be quite honest. Oh well, congrats to the As and best of luck to the WLs!

post II R .

Wow I thought I killed my interview - reapplicant to the school, served on my states COVID policy team, NCAA national champion, good mcat and gpa, created a women's health night for latino women in my hometown, did a ton of research, and many many many ties to the school including SOM alumni parent

really shows how random this process is :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
post II R .

Wow I thought I killed my interview - reapplicant to the school, served on my states COVID policy team, NCAA national champion, good mcat and gpa, created a women's health night for latino women in my hometown, did a ton of research, and many many many ties to the school including SOM alumni parent

I haven't wanted to post anything today after my rejection.. but I FEEL YOU. I AM SHOOK.. WHAT ARE THEY DOING. Keep your head up, you're not the only one that feels robbed.

I haven't wanted to post anything today after my rejection.. but I FEEL YOU. I AM SHOOK.. WHAT ARE THEY DOING. Keep your head up, you're not the only one that feels robbed.
Thank you , I appreciate it - we just need to remember our end goal or becoming amazing physicians and keep at it

post II R .

I agree I could go on and on with the stuff I did to try and appease this school specifically. From the wild course requirements to going well out of my way for rural experience etc. Etc.

In the end this is why i applied DO. Very thankful for that now because I ran the table for the last six semesters ( All A's) and it still wasnt enough for them.

Hopefully I see some of you in our residencies!! :)

I agree I could go on and on with the stuff I did to try and appease this school specifically. From the wild course requirements to going well out of my way for rural experience etc. Etc.

In the end this is why i applied DO. Very thankful for that now because I ran the table for the last six semesters ( All A's) and it still wasnt enough for them.

Hopefully I see some of you in our residencies!! :)
I think what happened was they filled all their spots and they only chose REALLY unique applicants for their WL, or applicants with extremely strong ties. I felt I had an incredible interview and I tried to show my interest and passion for the school, on top of a good overall app, but I think they just don't have the spots left. Congrats on getting in somewhere though, that is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud!!

I wasn’t going to post on here either after the post-II R today as it was really tough for me, but I wanted to share something with you all. I was in a Starbucks after receiving the email and I’m not sure if I just looked down or what, but I was standing next to an old man and he asked me how my day was going. I responded and said not the best as I had just been rejected from my top medical school (thankfully I still have 4 waitlist opportunities), but we ended up having a long talk and he told me how his son got rejected from U of A law school twice but he ended up in a law school in Seattle, where he didn’t necessarily want to be as his first choice, but it ended up being the best place for him in so many ways. He ended by saying he believed he was meant to run into me today and “He would see me as a physician in a doctor’s office one day”. I left with chills and happy tears and just thought I would share with you all. I know it has been so hard for a lot of us today but rejections are just a redirection to where we are supposed to be in life. We will all get there one day 💛

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
I wasn’t going to post on here either after the post-II R today as it was really tough for me, but I wanted to share something with you all. I was in a Starbucks after receiving the email and I’m not sure if I just looked down or what, but I was standing next to an old man and he asked me how my day was going. I responded and said not the best as I had just been rejected from my top medical school (thankfully I still have 4 waitlist opportunities), but we ended up having a long talk and he told me how his son got rejected from U of A law school twice but he ended up in a law school in Seattle, where he didn’t necessarily want to be as his first choice, but it ended up being the best place for him in so many ways. He ended by saying he believed he was meant to run into me today and “He would see me as a physician in a doctor’s office one day”. I left with chills and happy tears and just thought I would share with you all. I know it has been so hard for a lot of us today but rejections are just a redirection to where we are supposed to be in life. We will all get there one day 💛
Thank you for sharing! ❤️

• Care
Post-interview waitlist (got the email on Tuesday)! So sorry to hear about the Rs but wishing everyone the best of luck! :)

Anyone thinking they will notify a couple lucky people from the WL tomorrow? As some of these people with 3+ Acceptances should be withdrawing acceptances.

Hi everyone! Please see below for information on our Applicant Academy:

The Arizona Applicant Academy is an intensive one day seminar for premed college students who are ready to apply to medical school. Items covered in the seminar include developing a personal statement, working on interview strategies, and managing secondary applications. This seminar is very hands-on and focused. Ideally, participants should be ready to apply to medical school in the year they attend Applicant Academy.

Applications open April 19, 2021 and close May 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.

To Apply: https://appbuilder.medicine.arizona.edu/
• Choose Student Affairs fromAvailable Systems
• Create Simple Sign in or use WebAuth
• Choose AZ Applicant Academy-2021 Virtual AZ Applicant Academy

For anyone interested, seems there are about 40 students who have multiple acceptances in the class currently, so possibly some movement in addition to whatever they have planned behind the scenes.

For anyone interested, seems there are about 40 students who have multiple acceptances in the class currently, so possibly some movement in addition to whatever they have planned behind the scenes.
How did you get this info?

How did you get this info?
This was said by a person who works in the school, they can see if UA-T and some other school is in your plan to enroll choice in the CYMS tool. About 15 so far left the group me of the class of 120.

Thank you @jkdenton16 and @heavenhelps for the updates. So considerate of you to share. I know you don't have to, so I (for one) appreciate it!
It's been said in here before but the wait for this kiLLED me. Admissions is as transparent as they can be. They are doing a good job of balancing it (other schools could learn a thing or two from them), but for all my fellow neurotics, I know the questions will never stop until there’s a definitive answer, and those questions might not be answerable until far later. There's ~40 in the waitlist, about 36 students are holding acceptances at other schools, and 15 add of now have left. There will be decent movement I think. If I knew this much I wouldn't have worried or been nearly as anxious waiting and just let it run its course. We're all in this to ease suffering, how lucky we get to start with ourselves and colleges.

Just received an email this afternoon that I have been accepted. Good luck to you all still waiting. I bet there will be more WL movement.

• Love
If I accept the offer right now, is it binding? I have 24 hours to make a decision to originally accept the offer. On the portal it say June 24th is the commit to enroll date. Do I not need to worry about the acceptance being binding until I select that on that date.

If I accept the offer right now, is it binding? I have 24 hours to make a decision to originally accept the offer. On the portal it say June 24th is the commit to enroll date. Do I not need to worry about the acceptance being binding until I select that on that date.
Idk the answer to your question; I would call them and ask for sure, but I don't think it's binding until you CTE. Definitely call and ask, though.

Hey, y'all! I don't know if anyone still checks this thread, but I got the call a few days ago. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Does anyone know how specific there pre-req requirements are? Specifically the 2 semester of upper division molecular bio, immuno, etc. I have one sem of Biochem, one of UD genetics, one UD cell bio, but then my only other UD bio would be another genetics course or neurobio.

Does anyone know if the neuro would fall into the categories they require? I have an II from them, but will most likely decline if I don't meet their requirements.