2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Holy **** ... also interview waitlist but they must have put 100s of people on this list?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II waitlist today. Hoping to get called up in the next few week... would love to return to my alma mater!
 
Curious when everyone getting interview waitlisted was complete? Haven't heard anything yet and I was complete in July..
For those waitlisted, when were you complete? I was complete late July, haven't heard anything yet

Complete 7/18!

you know tbh all things considered I appreciated the email even though it was an II waitlist. I like any communication from schools because it means they took a look at and considered my application 🙂

I try to frame it like that because there are so many things going on rn that can bring us down but my outlook on things is the one thing I can control 😎
 
Complete 7/18!

you know tbh all things considered I appreciated the email even though it was an II waitlist. I like any communication from schools because it means they took a look at and considered my application 🙂

I try to frame it like that because there are so many things going on rn that can bring us down but my outlook on things is the one thing I can control 😎
I stan this energy. Thanks for posting this
 
Complete 7/18!

you know tbh all things considered I appreciated the email even though it was an II waitlist. I like any communication from schools because it means they took a look at and considered my application 🙂

I try to frame it like that because there are so many things going on rn that can bring us down but my outlook on things is the one thing I can control 😎

LOVE your username lol and I was complete on 7/24! @xXPixelexiPXx
 
I was complete 7/28, haven't heard back at all about II waitlist or rejection? Does that mean they just haven't gotten to my app yet?
 
I was complete 7/28, haven't heard back at all about II waitlist or rejection? Does that mean they just haven't gotten to my app yet?

Probably, people who got it were OOS and were complete prior to 7/23ish. Maybe they’re going IS first and then OOS later
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
correct me if I’m wrong but didnt UA tucson have a physiology requirement this year? I guarantee that cut down the number of applicants by a lot
They require TWO physiology courses. I think they're trying to mitigate the crazy number of applications they receive each year.
 
They require TWO physiology courses. I think they're trying to mitigate the crazy number of applications they receive each year.

lol if I didn’t do my SMP I would have been screened the minute I sent in my app

edit: here’s a screen shot of the official tracker so far
8CB29A24-EC7F-48B6-B715-48A30C925276.jpeg
 
lol if I didn’t do my SMP I would have been screened the minute I sent in my app

edit: here’s a screen shot of the official tracker so farView attachment 318389
I don't think they screened for it because they just require for the prereqs to be done before matriculation. But I bet lots of people did their due diligence and noped out of applying to Tucson haha. Better odds for us, amiright? 😉
 
will this school let you know II, II waitlist, or reject right when they review your app or do they wait until the end of cycle?
 
Any guesses on if more interviews will come out this week? Looks like last year it was almost every week for a lot of the fall and doesn't look like any came out this week. Maybe this is also just wishful thinking lol
 
I’d guess they’re gonna send out more interviews towards the end of next week. Not sure if they’re related, but looks like UA COM Phoenix sends out interviews bimonthly
 
I am OOS with no ties and got an interview.

It's hard to say why OP got an interview despite also being OOS and no ties. Really depends on how the reviewers(s) evaluate your application, your stats, ECs, LORs etc. Best we can is hope OP does well on the interview and patiently wait for your turn to come. Fingers crossed 🙂
 
It's hard to say why OP got an interview despite also being OOS and no ties. Really depends on how the reviewers(s) evaluate your application, your stats, ECs, LORs etc. Best we can is hope OP does well on the interview and patiently wait for your turn to come. Fingers crossed 🙂
Thank you! 🙂 I hope people start coming off the interview waitlist sooner rather than later!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Polo too informal for pre interview tomorrow? Button down with no tie better? Does it even matter over zoom?
 
Polo too informal for pre interview tomorrow? Button down with no tie better? Does it even matter over zoom?
I am planning to just wear a polo, but I imagine a button down without a tie would be fine as well. The agenda said casual wear so as long as you don't wear your suit you should be fine.
 
Polo too informal for pre interview tomorrow? Button down with no tie better? Does it even matter over zoom?
Everyone dressed very casually. I wore a flannel and called it good. The students running the social made it a point to say nothing from the evening is recorded or reported to admissions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad